We Gotta Keep Evil Way Down In The Hole!

Prog off:

As you already know, Comrades, I often use videos as surrogates for what I feel, or cannot adequately express on my own. If I could, I would. You so kindly allow me to do this, and I am so very grateful.

Rush Limbaugh has recently used as new bumper music something that caught my attention. I loved it and wasn't sure why. Now I know.

First, it was written by Tom Waits. Yes, Tom Waits!

Tom is really hard to listen to so I posted this:

Many of you are non-religious. I understand that. Doesn't matter.

All you have to do is understand good vs evil. That's pretty much it. And, I know you do. We all know it will never stop. Never!

So, we gotta keep evil way down in the hole!

Here in Florida I made good friends with our neighbor, Conrad, who used to be in show business working with major stars, but has since retired. We play guitars sometimes, sing, and improvise new songs just for the fun of it.

So recently he played me a recent Tom Waits music video "Hell Broke Luce" and said that Tom was an old friend of his, one of his favorite musicians, and a great guy in person. The video was bizarre, the voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember where I heard it.

And now thanks to Pam I realized that Tom Waits wrote and sang the opening song in The Wire - which is one of my favorite series of all time.

Here's that bizarre video: "Hell Broke Luce"

Here's his song wrotten for piano and fire extinguisher:

Warm Beer Cold Women

How can you not love Tom Waits? I always have. Sometimes he makes me laugh.
Original, frank and gritty. Love that.