Racist Nurse sues claiming fired for support of Trump

A Denver nurse named Lizzy Matthews claims she was fired from her job for being a Trump supporter. After everything we've seen over the last year, is this really so hard to believe? She has filed a lawsuit over the matter.

Lizzy Matthews.jpg

Lizzy Mathews filed a suit in U.S. District Court Denver on Jan. 11 against Kelly Torres, nursing manager, and Marc Fedo, director of acute nursing, at the Denver Health Medical Center. The suit calls for Mathews to get her job back, along with back pay and punitive damages for the emotional pain she has suffered since losing her job. The lawsuit alleges Mathews' firing stems from a Sept. 10, 2016 incident, when she was attending to a patient who had once been a high-ranking employee at the hospital.

After the patient questioned Mathews on who she thought would win the presidential election, the suit claims, Mathews said she wanted Trump, and added that she was “praying for him.” The patient replied, “Oh no, I don't want him.”

Mathews said she then received a call from Torres three days later, and was told that the patient had complained about her conversation about the election.

Matthews was born in India in 1952 but has lived in the United States since 1983, according to her lawsuit. She earned a nursing degree from Hamidia Medical College Hospital in Bhopal, India, in 1977 and went on to study psychiatric nursing at the Front Range Community College in Denver.

Most Equal Komrads,

The angel of mercy vile racist brought this on herself. As a Prog I am expected to make assumptions. Nurse Matthews is a psychiatric nurse. My assumption is that Nurse Matthews was dealing with a psychiatric patient. There is no percentage in arguing with crazy people. It is in no way surprising that the psychiatric patient would over react and demand that anyone who had an opinion different than theirs should be summarily fired and their lives ruined. The actions of this Prog make my heart swell with pride.

Really, Nurse Matthews should have known to keep her racist opinions to herself. Especially when getting lectured by her betters. Nurse Matthews is NOT equal.

Red Salmon