Remember Memorial Day

Memorial_Day_Cemetery.jpg
Remember what this day is, and who it is for. While it is always appropriate to thank a Soldier, or Airman, or Sailor, or Marine for their service, today is not meant for them, the living.

It is the day to remember the fallen.

It does not matter if they died during the greatest display of courage, or if they died screaming in terror at the bottom of a foxhole. It matters that they answered their nation's call and died in its service.

Take a moment today and remember the men and women who have fallen for the nation. If it a part of your life, say a prayer for them, and for the family and friends that mourn their passing. Raise a glass in their memory and honor them.

The Tumult and the Shouting dies
The Captains and the Kings depart -
Still stands Thine ancient sacrifice
-An humble and contrite heart
Lord, God of Hosts, be with us yet
…Lest we forget
…Lest we forget.

--Rudyard Kipling, "Recessional."

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Prog Off
I remember placing flags upon the graves of fallen soldiers. I treat it with respect and dignity. Never forget the fallen.

PROG OFF

I always think of Maytar and Dunse (pronounced done-see) on Memorial Day. They were the first two of my contemporaries to die on active duty. Dunse's voice was the last one heard on the cockpit voice recorder, "Load Clear". A professional to the end. That was the day it really sunk in the we were playing for keeps. Rest easy in your garden of stone.

Red Salmon

eagleflag.jpg

I wish to thank all veterans, like myself, that have served and a heartfelt salute to my brothers and sisters in the military that continue to serve. I pray for your safety and for the peaces of mind for your families as they serve also while you are away.
I am very grateful for your personal sacrifice and for your personal honor. I am proud of you. I also understand your hardship.

redbull.jpg

To have an intimate look in to serving, I served with the 1 - 133 Infantry (Red Bulls) from 2005 - 2007 and we were fortunate to have a reporter from CBS document our sacrifice for the show 60 minuets and you can gain an appreciation by following our journey. This is broken in to several parts, so to the last page of each section to get the video.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fathers-so ... -the-call/

TheFineReport.com wrote:Memorial Day, 2015

Memorial day golf.jpg

It's bad when the Commander in Chief is a monumental embarrassment no matter where he happens to be...

(Oh, the ironic ecstasy of using an image that snopes.com was bending over backwards to "debunk"…)

Those who gave their lives deserve better.

PROG OFF

There are nine female names on the Wall (Vietnam War Memorial). The last one was a buddy of mine (well, a sparring partner in the ongoing friendly feud between female line officers and flight nurses at the time), a flight nurse who died during the evacuations of South Vietnam. She was on the C-5A that crashed during Operation Baby Lift at the beginning of April 1975, before the more famous evacuations at the end of April. Rest in Peace, Mary Klinker. May we see more noble souls like yours.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] Dear Red Diaperette, (and all other progs on this thread)

What a poignant story. RIP Mary Klinker, indeed. I remember that story and was appalled by it. My heart sank.

Many of you <prog off> Cubists (an art form) also served and love those who did. I love you with all my heart!

I have stories to tell, as well, some of them stunning and could be made into a movie. I also know there are many equally stunning stories from WW2, most of the participants in their early 20s. Amazing courage and fortitude. What a contrast to today's youth, except for the military guys.

I'm working on that story.

Love you guys!

Prog off
Memorial Day…
Should be a sombre occasion,
Remembering those who have died for our freedom,
A chance to renew or commitment that the sacrifice of these heroes shall not have been in vain.

Kommissar Uberdave wrote:
TheFineReport.com wrote:Memorial Day, 2015

Memorial day golf.jpg

It's bad when the Commander in Chief is a monumental embarrassment no matter where he happens to be...

(Oh, the ironic ecstasy of using an image that snopes.com was bending over backwards to "debunk"…)

Those who gave their lives deserve better.

What an image. What a comparison. Especially Ike in the upper left, that is the definition of class. Then you see Bill "The Jester" Clinton and Barack "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Muslim Man" Obama in the lower right, and they simply don't measure up to the rest of the photos. The same could be said for their presidencies. In fact, it IS said, it's just that the majority isn't saying it.

There's even a difference in the quotes they said that are in the books. Eisenhower (Who, by the way, is my favorite President) once said "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Nixon once said "The Cold War isn't thawing; it is burning with a deadly heat. Communism isn't sleeping; it is, as always, plotting, scheming, working, fighting." Compare that with Obama, who has been quoted as saying "Why can't I just eat my waffle?"