Restaurant Industry, Leading Indicator of US Economy Sours

Bankruptcies pile up.

Lies, all lies. Comrade President Obeyme assures us our economy is growing again.(perhaps the new robot workers just don't need to eat as much).

Restaurant Industry, Leading Indicator of US Economy Sours, Bankruptcies Pile up

Not to worry! Once Hillary gets all restaurant workers $15/hr minimum wage, things will start going up. Because then the same restaurant workers will start spending millions of additional dollars by going to the same restaurants. Don't you how this works? If you don't have enough money in your pocket, just take some from the other pocket and put it there, so now you have enough!

For more similar economic insights read Paul Krugman's column at the New York Times!

Red Square wrote:Not to worry! Once Hillary gets all restaurant workers $15/hr minimum wage, things will start going up. Because then the same restaurant workers will start spending millions of additional dollars by going to the same restaurants. Don't you how this works? If you don't have enough money in your pocket, just take some from the other pocket and put it there, so now you have enough!

For more similar economic insights read Paul Krugman's column at the New York Times!

But didn't the restaurant workers find out that they weren't going to be able to get their $15.00 per hour AND also get to keep ALL their gubmit binifits too? I don't think they liked the idea that much AFTER those little details came into play. Getting $15.00 per hour in some areas working 8 hours per day lifts people up out of poverty, (which is what the so called poor scream they want) to a tax bracket where THEY have to give up gubmit binifits and start putting some skin in the game via taxes. I don't think the restaurant workers cared too much for the idea once they read the small print.

The Cass Freight Index, which is a measure of the volume of North American freight by all modes, is down also. Some of the talk that I've read on this says that this, along with the general economic slowness, could forecast another recession.

https://www.cassinfo.com/Transportation ... Index.aspx

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:The Cass Freight Index, which is a measure of the volume of North American freight by all modes, is down also. Some of the talk that I've read on this says that this, along with the general economic slowness, could forecast another recession.

https://www.cassinfo.com/Transportation ... Index.aspx

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

From Robert Herrick poem

Waterhouse_rosebuds_detail01.jpg

How can this even be a poem without a single use of the word "Nantucket" ?

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:How can this even be a poem without a single use of the word "Nantucket" ?

Good point. I think the lady's rosebuds diverted my attention - I didn't notice Nantucket was missing. Thank's for pointing that out.

Red Square wrote:... For more similar economic insights . . .
Keynesian Economics 101.

Have : rectangular pool (P), water-filled.
Todo : raise water level in P.

Solution :
• get bucket (B).
• go to side (S) of pool P, bucket B in hand, dip B in P until full.
• run to opposite side (O) of pool P, bucket B in hand (plop.. plop.. plop..).
• arrived at O, pour content of B into P.
• run to side S of pool P, empty bucket B in hand.
• arrived at S, repeat the cycle.

Verification :
• every 10 cycles, measure water level in P.

Conclusion :
• note : as the tide, so the boats.

Suggestion :
• while running around with payload, exhale temperately ― Carbon! Climate! The Planet!