SD Mayor Bob Filner Shows How Re-Election is Done

EMBEDDED VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Filner said he will check into a "behavior counseling clinic" on Aug. 5 for two weeks of therapy and return full time to his job on Aug. 19.

Wow! What a duly impressive recovery, planned in advance! In just two weeks he has "predicted" he will be done? This guy is friggin' awesome.

First he does the formatted, party-approved apology thingy:

"I apologize to my staff. I apologize to the citizens and staff members who have supported me over the years. I apologize to the people of San Diego. And, most of all, I apologize to the women I have offended," the mayor said.

"The behavior I have engaged in over many years is wrong. My failure to respect women and the intimidating conduct I engaged in at times is inexcusable. It has undermined what I spent my whole professional life doing: fighting for equality and justice for all people."
And, "I am also humbled to admit that I need help," he said then.

Wow! Whataguy!

Then, he goes all in for "therapy" the "standby way out of moral depravity in the minds of the voters." He will find out who he "really is" dammit! What a glorious revelation!
In spite of his haste to reconcile all this kerfuffle, I believe this is how his therapy will turn out:

Before:
65d78dec0060b319380f6a706700f263.jpg

After:
th-6.jpeg

In case you didn't get it, the "After" photo is a Horney Toad. Just sayin'

"The aim of the liar is simply to charm, to delight, to give pleasure. He is the very basis of civilization." Oscar Wilde

OMG! Have we all forgotten about our dear Father Prog Theocritus' JIFFI LOBO?

It's so obvious Filner has partaken of this and we have absolutely nothing to worry about!

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] This is what we are up against!

An amazing recovery, Comrades! Simply amazing.

The brevity of his "rehab" shows his true "sincerity".

Translation: I went through the motions, got it done quick, and am now ready to "serve the people!"

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner -- facing growing pressure to resign amid sexual-harassment allegations –-- has left intensive therapy earlier than announced, his attorneys said Friday.

The most recent pressure comes from California Sen. Barbara Boxer, who is again asking Filner to resign, following new allegations about him harassing women in the military that Boxer said have “shaken her to the core.”

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/11/filner-leaves-therapy-earlier-than-announced-amid-growing-calls-to-resign/#ixzz2bhYLqYnc

Babs Boxer's statement should clinch his re-election!

I remember when she asked a military officer to call her "Senator" instead of "M'aam", a courtesy of the military to all political figures. She didn't even realize she was asking him to insult her.

Oh well. Who am I to question the brilliance of any political "leader?" Pfft.

Or, in the infamous words of Father Prog Theocritus: "Vidi, vici, veni."

"I saw, I conquered, I came."

Here's an update on Filthy Filner:

I, I, I, I don't know exactly what to say, Comrades. Um, er, I know when Gloria Allred gets involved, it's serious business! (keyword: business)

Gloria has a new client, Peggy Shannon, a 67-year-old great-grandmother who alleges that Filner harassed her during her part-time work at a desk in the lobby of City Hall, where she worked assisting senior citizens seeking city services.

In a prepared statement, Shannon said: "On the day that Mayor Filner grabbed me and kissed me, I was so very surprised. I went home and I cried. I just felt so sad. I was just not sure how to take this contact, but it was very disturbing to me."

Filner also allegedly asked Shannon to date him several times over a period of months, and boasted that he could "go eight hours." His suggestive comments allegedly continued as late as July, up until the broader scandal broke.

https://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/15/Allred-Shannon-Obama

We all know Comrades eat their own, for the greater good, of course. I do find this, however, to be a bit of a stretch. I wonder if this poor women is being used by Gloria even though she appears to in total "compliance".

I don't know. I just don't know.

The accusations of sexual misconduct by San Diego Mayor Bob Filner continue to grow more ugly as women now go on the record, with their reports of his alleged actions making national news headlines – New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NBC, ABC, PBS, Rachel Maddow Show, The Colbert Report, etc. We think it's time the embattled, ineffective Mayor Filner resign for the good of San Diego.

Yes, we Liberals eat our own! Always, when it suits our purposes to look mighty good to our constituency, the ones we extort votes for.

In spite of Filner's heroic efforts, by going into rehab for just two weeks, thereby exonerating him of his self-professed hatred of women, he emerges as the happy horny toad he truly is.

What a country!

FILNER RESIGNS WITH "EXIT DEAL" O.K.!
Gosh all jeepers, Comrades, The Demo Party has demolished this guy!

When Glorious Allred entered the scene, it was all over! I think we all knew that.

He's toast! Well, except for the most equal Exit Deal, as yet undisclosed. Although I have seen some proof that he will get full benefits as well as excellent healthcare, in addition to a primo bonus "just because."

Once again, I would like to reiterate how re-election is "done." At least according to Filner, even if you get eaten in the process. No problem!

https://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/Aug/23/filner-resigns/4/?#article-copy

I just don't understand how Teddy and Bill got away with this stuff and Filner didn't. It's just not fair!

I think, Pami, one must have risen to the rank of senator or president to obtain complete immunity.