Scientific Method vs. Democratic Method

Revised Cartoon.jpg
A recent cartoon from The Salt Lake Tribune depicted a scientist on his knees being held captive by three skeptical terrorists hovering over him. The three terrorists depicted were labeled as Climate Deniers, Anti-Vaxxers, and Creationists.

Of course the science is settled on all three of these matters. The scientists have taken a vote among themselves and found a Scientific Consensus™ consisting of a majority of them, which we all remember being part of the scientific method learned by every elementary pupil in Amerika. There is no longer any need to prove or disprove scientific theories. That would require loads of funding and paperwork which is all a waste of time. The Scientific Method has been replaced with the Democratic Method™.

Of course, Haters Gonna Hate™. There will always be those for whom a Scientific Consensus™ is not sufficient. They will demand to see outdated items such as "scientific proof" and the like. In the wise words of our Glorious Leader, "You should reject these voices."

Some will argue that scientific consensus can be overturned in the future, and therefore cannot be factual. This is a fallacious assertion. The term "Current Truth" implies that what is true today may not be true tomorrow. And that is why we must accept what we are told by the regime and pay no attention to revisions of the official Party Position such as the above cartoon, no doubt revised by an authentic Climate Denier.

Komrade Punk, there is the science of facts, logic, hypothesis and proof, and then there is the science of politiks.

Scientifik Konsensus: A general agreement among two or more politikal science majors with regard to advancing a politikal agenda. No fakts, logic, hypothesis, and proof required.

Some of the useful idiots in the other scientifik kommunity will support the "scientifik konsensus," no questions asked, just because the agenda is too big to fail and the ends justify the means.

Climate change alarmists see extreme weather hiding behind every rose bush.

Comrades,

I thought the cartoon would explain to me what side I am on and why.
Now I left to wander in the valley of ignorance, which is located not far my local gulag.
The answer may be blowin' in the wind, or break wind, or something.

Well, as long as they show open disdain for America, I don't see what the problem is....

I like to remember the immortal words of Larry Niven, (spit) scientist and writer:

eia.jpg

Make it simple. What does our Dear Leader tell us to do? Do it.

Gummipuppe wrote:Komrade Punk, there is the science of facts, logic, hypothesis and proof, and then there is the science of politiks.

Scientifik Konsensus: A general agreement among two or more politikal science majors with regard to advancing a politikal agenda. No fakts, logic, hypothesis, and proof required.

Some of the useful idiots in the other scientifik kommunity will support the "scientifik konsensus," no questions asked, just because the agenda is too big to fail and the ends justify the means.

Korrekt you are Komrade Gummipuppe. It is my understanding that this opens a whole new realm of endless possibilities in the scientific world. We can simply set up unelected panels of scientific experts to vote on what the settled science should be. A Saudi Cleric has recently discovered that contrary to what many believe, the Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around it. With the vast amount of funding that would have been wasted on senseless scientific research, The Party™ can redirekt those funds to more produktive uses, such as funding the march toward Forward Progress.

Dedhedvedev wrote:Climate change alarmists see extreme weather hiding behind every rose bush.
Yes Comrade Dedhedvedev, and to paraphrase an ancient text, these rose bushes will one day weigh in by calling out to the Climate Jihadis™ saying, "There is a Climate Denier hiding behind me, please come and kill these Random Folks™!"

General Confusion wrote:Comrades, I thought the cartoon would explain to me what side I am on and why. Now I left to wander in the valley of ignorance, which is located not far my local gulag. The answer may be blowin' in the wind, or break wind, or something.
You are korrekt General, that this cartoon is generally confusing. I think the term you are searching for is that the answer may be 'long-winded'. It bears no resemblence to The Official Party Position™ which is why it is an excellent example of the senselessness of our detractors who deny that their denial to deny that there is a climate, is tantamount to being in denial about the correlation of climate denial being equal to the equally confusing deniability of the causation of climate denial. I hope this clarifies things for you.
trashmouth wrote:Well, as long as they show open disdain for America, I don't see what the problem is....
Well said Comrade trashmouth. That truly strikes at the heart of the matter, does it not? "To be or not to be." Of course when it comes to Amerika, we'll opt for the latter.
Lev Terman wrote:I like to remember the immortal words of Larry Niven, (spit) scientist and writer: "Fine, don't vaccinate your kids. Think of it as evolution in action.
Nice bit of wit Comrade Terman. Spoken like a true poet. However, let us never forget to give way to the State in such matters. Evolution, ie: Mother Nature herself, has been triumphed over by the loving arms of the State, which should be thought of as Poetry in Motion (Forward motion toward Equal Justice).
ThePeoplesComrade wrote:Make it simple. What does our Dear Leader tell us to do? Do it.
Ah yes People's Comrade. The most beautiful expressions of love are the simplest. We should all aspire to have such an abiding love and devotion to Dear Leader such as yours. You are truly an inspiration to the masses.