Stop the Olympics!

Comrades,

Let us boycott the Olympic games. All of this "competition" and "individual achievement" makes me want to throw up. I hate them I tell you. The worst part is the medal ceremonies with the "individual winners" elevated above everyone else. What, is this some kind of Kapitalistic propaganda???? They didn't win that, "somebody else made that happen!" They didn't build the gyms, pools and the running tracks. They merely benefited from what we have built for them. It's time to end this talk of "individual achievement". Dear Leader should go immediately to London and attend each and every ceremony and point out that "Somebody else made that happen!" If something isn't done soon, there's no telling what might happen.

I remain,
Dr. Chicago

Dr. Chicago, these games are there to show the superiority of the Party.

Why else would
A. Dear Leader travel to Oslo to move them to the Land of Politics (Chicago)

B. Why are they called the "Image" lympics?

Could the circular graphic shown above be referred to as an "O-hole" just by those who are graphically challenged?

I for one am excited that the President and the First Lady managed to convince the IOC to hold this year's games in Chicago. I hear that the opening ceremonies were so big that they were actually filmed in London!

Guaranteed income. If everything else fails to break America's back, this will.

https://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/48255

We have been heard!

London protesters march against 'capitalist' Games

LONDON (AP) — About 500 people critical of the economic impact and corporate flavor of the London Olympics marched Saturday near the Olympic Park, determined to send a message that Britain is not united in backing the games.

The protest march came hours after police arrested more than 130 bicyclists who had defied an order to avoid cycling in groups around the stadium during Friday night's opening ceremony.

Police said they had ordered the protesters to remain south of the River Thames, to keep them from blocking thousands of ticket-holding guests from attending the opening ceremony. The cyclists said they were held in a cordon by police, and later arrested, for trying to cycle in lanes restricted for official Olympic traffic.

Occupy London, part of a global movement that has waged demonstrations against financial institutions and capitalist policies, said some cyclists were members of the movement. They said police cordoned off more than 100 cyclists at one road junction near the stadium as Friday's ceremony was beginning and held them there several hours.

Saturday's protest, the largest so far against the games, drew a mix of left-wing and green activists who decry the Olympics as a corporate juggernaut rolling over residents and their civil rights.

They marched peacefully, chanting against what they called the "Corpolympics," watched by police officers on foot and motorcycle.

The protesters contend that the often-cited Olympic boost to traditionally gritty, working-class east London is an illusion, whereas major corporate sponsors such as McDonald's and Coca-Cola gain from the 9.3 billion pound ($14 billion) games. They said the mass arrests at the cycling demonstration, and limits on corporate branding designed to protect sponsors, show that the games are a threat to civil liberties.

As long as the march was not against the "Corruptolympics", we are in business!

I am wondering if there will be any synchronized pooping events held by the "Occupy Corruptolympics" apparatchiks? Or perhaps "Running with Scissors?"

Red Menace - please suggest these outstanding Olympic events on this thread -

We Need Progressive Olympics!