The Birth Of Hope™ Doll

EMBEDDED IMAGE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Now you can celebrate his historical story with this President Barack Obama commemorative baby doll, exclusively from The Ashton-Drake Galleries. Artist Linda Murray's African-American toddler captures the "Things Could Be Worse" spirit of our 44th president. You'll be delighted by his adorable custom T-shirt featuring Obama's, “Yes We Can” on one sleeve and the American flag and sentiment, "Death to the Great Satan" “The Birth of Hope January 20, 2009″ on the front. Unlike the Cabbage Patch dolls, this doll does not come with any supporting papers. And although this little guy is clean and articulate, it does tend to make a big stinky mess every single day. But not to worry, you can just Change™ his diaper and blame it all on his predecessor. Hope™ can still be had for 5 easy payments of $30 at THIS website. Get yours today before the US currency becomes worthless paper.

How adorable! But:
Solidarity 9-6347 wrote:... this doll does not come with any supporting papers.
Unless he comes with a birth certificate how do we really know it's Obama? This could be an imposter made in China™ for we all know! And does he come with an optional kufi?

I am guessing that this item became available early in January 2009.

I am also guessing that they might not be selling too well right now.

At the top of the page it says "INNOVATION, ARTISTRY, AND DESIGN OF [highlight=#ffff00]ENDURING VALUE[/highlight]".

Usually these sort of places claim their stuff goes up in value. I see nothing said about a "Limited Edition". So maybe soon they will have a "Liquidation Sale", and you could get one for $3, shipped free.

I also note they have "Free Returns for 365 days".

There may be a wholesale return of these things soon. If I had wasted $150 on one, I would sure want my money back.

Then again, anybody who would shuck out $150 for one probably still has stars in their eyes.

If they do liquidate their inventory, Sears could buy the lot, take the T-shirts off and sell them as a generic "cute little baby" for $15 in the Christmas catalog.

I can't wait to add this to my heroes collection along with:
Jimmy Carter, Michael Dukakis, Walter Mondale and George McGovern

To paraphrase Obama, I don't want my daughter to be punished with that baby.

Most odd. I paid $250.00 (praise Obama for stimuli!) but got a different doll - more correct, I am thinking.

doll4.jpg

Fraulein Pulloskies,
You must've purchased a cheap Chinese knock-off on ebay. The real one is made in Kenya. Be sure to look for the Union label.

Mine either broke while on the slow boat from china, or is cheap black market knock off.
kimjongbam.png

I ordered one and it came with a Post it note pasted to it's forehead. Hand written in crayon. It read:

Offishal certiffikate of live burth: I wuz born in Hawyee and it was signed "Barack's mom"

aaa?! (umm, possibly much like dear Leader?) *&%$#@!!!!!
EBAY! I spit! I should have known with the label said "Made in Alaska", "Do not use Ivory soap. Do not put under heat. Caution: could explode if criticized"

I was a wee bit curious when the collectible was called "The Baby Bobo Doll" too, but I thought it was just someone making a B- in a government school.

oooh, Comrade Whoopie, you were really taken. tisk tisk

Fraulein,

I believe you got the correct version of the Obama Doll™—with the "I crapped my Pampers™ angry look, but $250?! I sure hope that was in Zimbabwe dollars!

Citizens! This is going to be quite a blow to The Party™, we still have these dolls to sell redistribute...

obama-birth-doll-of-hope-3.jpg

obama-birth-doll-of-hope-2.jpg

obama-birth-doll-of-hope-1.jpg

Comrade Rooster, you matched that font masterfully. Care to share your secret? Please don't tell me it is hard work because I hate hard work, otherwise I would leave the bureaucracy and get a real job.

Comrade Rooster,

Oh MY! SO many choices! Proles aren't to get so many choices. I think my brain is on fire!

Yes, Whoopie, I am afraid I got snookered for authenticity but it is a glorious looking collectible; and as you said, I already have the Black Pampers, so it's like getting a full set.... of something.... which might be worth something some time.
I of course, made the purchased strictly passed on love and devotion, not monitory value. (&%$#@!!!!)

First off, I thought the dollar was already worthless thanks to the evil Booshitler.

Image Second, Comrade 1.00 Infidel, that's an obvious cheap mark-off. You may not get a good value if you try to sell it, but maybe you could work some magic and make it look close enough to an authentic doll. Do you have any very young nieces/daughters/granddaughters (forgive me for the last one.)
Image I don't have $150 dollars on me at the moment (I are a po kolege stoodnt u no), I'll just wait until my government subsidies come though, unless someone wants to help a comrade.

Commissar Elliott,
I can tell that you are a made progressive by the way you so easily ask for a handout, as if it was second nature. If nobody gives you an Obama Hope™ doll, you should just take it from someone, because just the fact that you WANT one means you are entitled to one, dammit!

Comrades! This just in! It seems vile capitalist Tea Bagger types have taken up the sport of skeet shooting these glorious homages to Dear Leader!

The state has issued a warning!

The Peoples Skeet.jpg

Commissar_Elliott wrote:First off, I thought the dollar was already worthless thanks to the evil Booshitler.

I don't have $150 dollars on me at the moment (I are a po kolege stoodnt u no), I'll just wait until my government subsidies come though, unless someone wants to help a comrade.

Dear Commissar_E, none of us "have $150". (where would you get such an idea???) My goodness, why, that is not the way we humbly proud Progs even think. It is your right to obtain $150, which can be done via so many different venues. Say, create a new "organization" which needs to receive stimulus monies from dear Leader's regime administration. Like 'de oficial studi of kolege stoodnts'? I will send you one of my leftover forms.
There is no need for you doing without.

Commissar Elliot
No, regrettebly, I do not have any neices, daughters, or granddaughters, as I was forced to denounce them quite awhile ago. I was, however, able to use a liberal application of Wealth-Spread, and the results were dramatic to say the least.
bamdoll2.png
A commemorative doll to cherish, indeed! Such a cute lil' rascal!

Comrade Infidel, that is one of the cutest little snugly dolls I've have ever seen. I must have one for my collection. I hope you will directed me to where you purchased (or otherwise acquired said doll) so I do not find a reason to legally confiscate yours.
Looking forward to your reply.

Frau

p.s. is it my immigration or does he bear a close resemble to dear Leader?

No need to confiscate what belongs to the collective, Frau. I acquired mine through a shady dolls dealer: [email protected]
Tell him I sent you (you'll get the "freind of a freind" discount, and I'll get a couple of extra ration stamps :) ) and make sure he knows it's for export (otherwise, theres no telling what that cut-up will stuff the doll with.)

Much gracias, loyal Comrade Infidel (as I quietly sneak off to replace who you consider yours). I have ordered 2. Delightful givings these will make on next May Day celebratory's in the People's Gulag & Beet Refiner/Sundry ™ . The "friend of a friend" discount was greatly appreciated and has almost filled my small wee box with glorious Ration Stamps & Prog Coupons ™ .

Are they not most adorable!
kimdol2.jpg