The People's Book (& Essay) Club - Deprogramming Liberalism

Dear, dear comrades - I have this very day stumbled upon perhaps the most despicable, ridiculous, reich wing wrintings I have ever seen! And that's saying a lot.

>spit<

I hereby officially denounce this "Jim Autio" and his "Deprogramming Liberalism" website, the book that he intends to write that he claims to hope will be the conservative version of Rules for Radicals (as though ANYone could ever come close to what our dear Saul Alinsky wrote lo, those many years ago). And I further denounce ANYTHING ELSE that comes from this Canadian's (!) keyboard!

My fellow travelers - this "Jim" dares to declare that liberalism, in most cases, can be "cured" and "deprogrammed"! And that most liberals are really conservatives who have been brainwashed!!

Words fail me here. Excuse me. *choke*

How anyone from the gloriously progressive nation to our north could be allowed to write such tripe and nonsense is beyond me - I would have expected the Canadian government to clamp down on his writings long before they actually became a website. But no, he's got a series of essays out there with which he tries to lure unsuspecting progressives like ourselves into being "deprogrammed".

I'm not going to give you the URL for the site. No way, José (and I say that to honor our illegal aliens undocumented workers customers). But I'll just say that if you were to put the usual dot com after something in the title above you might just stumble upon his site like I did, much to my horror.

ProgOff.jpg
I've long believed that, while the "elite" progs are essentially psychopaths and sufficiently mentally ill as to be beyond help, the rank and file progs are basically just brainwashed "useful idiots" (as Lenin said). I don't know if Deprogramming Liberalism would really work or not, but having read the first of several (22) essays, I must say that I'm impressed. And maybe with the help of some here on The Cube™ it could even be fine tuned. And btw, he says he's aware of The Cube and stops in here occasionally.

ProgOn.jpg
Be forewarned. And be afraid. Very afraid. These dastardly writings MUST NOT be allowed to be read by our fellow travelers!!!

flying squirrel 3.jpg
Comrade ROCK,

My family has a tradition of dealing with such things. I've attached a picture of my father from his WW II days. He has quite a reputation here in our tree and I have followed in his paw prints. In the event you need some "firepower" deployed to said "website" location feel free to call. The Craptek arsenal is at your disposal.

Captain Craptek, your father was ahead of his time! The squirrels in my neighborhood try to take on cars and pickup trucks constantly, but with nowhere near the firepower your family has available. The results are, to say the least, sad. And somewhat flat.

But that being said, thank you for your generous offer, and I shall bear it in mind! In the meantime I must (very carefully) read another essay or two, just to see how bad this Canadian really is!

[color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color] proudly wrote:Comrade ROCK,

My family has a tradition of dealing with such things. I've attached a picture of my father from his WW II days. He has quite a reputation here in our tree and I have followed in his paw prints. In the event you need some "firepower" deployed to said "website" location feel free to call. The Craptek arsenal is at your disposal.

What are the chances that I, your humble Comrade Putout, would discover an image of your magnificent pappy on the intertubes?!

Captain Craptek Jr. - your pappy was awesome!

captain-crapteks-pappy.jpg

I am spitting more than usual!! This is hateful, offensive speech and should be ended by an investigation by the IRS... oh, never mind. THAT IS NOT BEING DONE! He should be ended by being ended!!!

I AM OFFENDED. (double spit!)

offended.jpeg

This must be taken up by the Party Ideologist or else the brain cells killed may be our own. There is constant talk of brainwashing. Let's break that down: Brain/Washing. This is oft taken to Mean-Indoctrination. That's the end. Coercion is the MEAN. Brains have characteristics: Da? Those who possess the best brains are Thinkers who feel, and also control their emotions. Those who possess the lesser sort are the majority, who feel first, ask questions if they feel like it, and throw hissy fits if they don't like the answers they get. As I'm Not the Party Ideologist, it's not my place to say this officially, but it sounds to me as if Jim Autio should be frog marched to the Party Comintern and made to redistribute at least half of His best brain cells to the People. Most would say he's got it too good. The Politburo in its wisdom would proclaim, he knows too much. They have ways of fixing that. A fortnight in front of the flat screen with nothing to watch but Entertainment Tonight and he should "live like the rest of us."

Oh dear.

I have a headache. And I feel sick to my stomach.

I just read Essay #2, comrades. And it's evil, no doubt about it. Motivated by evil. Evil in design. EVIL!!

Do yourselves a favor - don't allow this very scary evilness into your mind like I have!

Do. Not. Read. These. Essays.

Comrade R.O.C.K. (might I call you Stoney??), it is not of huge worry, that comrades read Essays or eye charts -- as our glorious government... public school do not both with such trivia! It is of more importance to be learning "equality", "fairness" and "other peoples money", is it not???

Indeed, Comrade Fraulein, indeed - and tolerance! And diversity!

And yeah, you might call me Stoney, but it wouldn't do either of us any good :)