The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Comrades,

Arizona is now leading the way to the total conversion of electric power production from a profitable venture to a government provided resource. Thanks to a progressive mathematical construct, any family providing “excess” solar generation to their power company is paid at a rate 5 times the retail rate of conventional sources. “Net Metering” - as the strategy is known - is a wonderful implementation of principles outlined in Cass R. Sunstein's book “Nudge.” Households are lured to invest in solar installations by the prospect of free electricity.

Solar.jpg
Not only do the solar powered homes produce enough electricity for their own use during the daylight hours, but as an added bonus, any excess generated is bought by the power company at a rate over 5 times the retail rate the company could buy the power elsewhere. Moreover, at night when the home's solar array produces no power at all, the company is forced to sell them power at the normal retail rate! Win-win!

“There remains some “fine tuning” needed to fully implement the strategy.” said Farley Faraday, Arizona's solar Czar. “Many families don't have the means to fund the substantial capital outlay for a system. Then there's the stubborn refusal of the power companies to pay more out than they take in during the day. They're also concerned that if we're completely successful in converting to solar, they will be losing money on every customer every day - and if they go out of business, who will provide power at night? We're working with them on that. Also, a sun tax is under consideration by the legislature.”

A most ingenious and fair strategy. But what is this talk of a solar "czar"?? Czars have no place in the Glorious World of Next Tuesday ™.

Oh yeah!

"The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow!
Betchur bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.
Just thinkin' about tomorrow
takes away the problems and the sorrow,
till there's none!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow,
you're only a daaay aaawaaaay."

—Annie, the musical

Daddy Warbucks: The key word here is "bottom dollar." Okay, I guess that's two key words. Deal with it.

Math is hard.
I am thankful for the government overlords elitists who invented the Peoples Math™ to simplify it for me.

080415_obamasdad_smith1.jpg

It's good that there is so much of the People's money available for these projects!

With my prog cast (accidentally) aside, I might mention that I heard an interview on Lars Larsons's radio program the other day with an expert in the field of green energy who says that studies show that by 2025 (!) solar energy for homes may actually be good enough to break even, without all the People's money (otherwise known as government subsidies). Unfortunately, they didn't include things like taxes and interest in the calculations, which will push the 2025 date out quite a ways more, but like I said - thank Lenin there's plenty of the People's money to support solar energy now!

Prog retrieved and fully powered by green energy!

KrystynaKorrekted wrote:A most ingenious and fair strategy. But what is this talk of a solar "czar"?? Czars have no place in the Glorious World of Next Tuesday ™.

I have wondered about this as well. Then I realized "czar" must be abbreviation of "commissar." True, letters do not match exactly, but as I discovered while teaching at People's Korrekt State University, spelling is not strong suit of those who go into Public Service.™ Nor is math, come to think of it. Or history. Or logic, which is rightly rejected as phallologocentric. Perhaps there should be Commissariat of Spelling. I will be "csar." (Note improved spelling of abbreviation.)

RedDiaperette wrote:
KrystynaKorrekted wrote:A most ingenious and fair strategy. But what is this talk of a solar "czar"?? Czars have no place in the Glorious World of Next Tuesday ™.

I have wondered about this as well. Then I realized "czar" must be abbreviation of "commissar." True, letters do not match exactly, but as I discovered while teaching at People's Korrekt State University, spelling is not strong suit of those who go into Public Service.™ Nor is math, come to think of it. Or history. Or logic, which is rightly rejected as phallologocentric. Perhaps there should be Commissariat of Spelling. I will be "csar." (Note improved spelling of abbreviation.)
Yes. I very much like this Commissariat of Spelling. Said Commissariat YOU will be responsible for purging all racist, homophobic, islamophibic, and capitalist words from the American vocabulary; for the Party and for The Children ™.

Dear Leader Obama overheard in hallway: "If I had a "sun" I'd name him Ceaczar."

Once again it just goes to show you that Americans and energy companies are just too damn selfish to make any the kind of decisions.

I propose that it will be entirely necessary to monitor how much electricity is being used and to punish transgressors, how many adults live in each household as well as how many children they did not get around to abort, how much energy is being recycled, how many weapons they own, what kind of car they are driving and how far they use it as well as for what purpose, and how much trash or refuse they create or recycle.

These measures along with another consumption tax would be necessary to create complete all mandated five year energy programs.

trashmouth wrote:Once again it just goes to show you that the average American is just too damn selfish to make the kind of decisions. I propose that it will be entirely necessary to monitor how much electricity is being used and to punish transgressors, how many adults live in each household as well as how many children they didn't get around to abort, how much energy is being recycled, how many weapons they own, what kind of car they are driving and how far they use it and how much trash or refuse they create or recycle. These measures and another compliancy tax would be necessary to create complete all mandated five year energy programs.

And how often they flush? Or is this included in created and/or recycled trash and refuse?
Come to think of it, will not ObamaCare exchanges put this and much more information into central Federal databases anyway? Oh, how efficiently ObamaCare is tracking taking care of The People.™

RedDiaperette,
Remember, water, air, real estate and personal income are similar to sunlight which is a natural resource that truly belongs to everyone man, women and child. It shouldn't be kept by individuals, but instead should be held in trust by progressive leaders and distributed to each and every person according to a prescribed need. Americans are totally unaware of how unfair the sunshine paths are distributed to many parts of the world and as such, we as people in good faith should cut back on producing energy so that other people in parts of the world will have their fair share. The real problem is deeply rooted in our culture and can only be corrected through merciless and relentless taxation until people will finally give up the selfish love affair with their wasteful energy ways, just as Sheryl Crow once voiced her concern about human waste and announced that she uses only a single square of toilet paper rather than the typical wipe outs that inhabit our county....progressive celebrities all across the fruited plain and Hollywood have given us another voice to this urgent need.

[img]/images/Tax_the_Sun.jpg[/img]

Let's tax the sun. It can run, but it can't hide.

Where Do Subsidies Come From?

Oh!
From where do subsidies come from?
Children, where does the money spring?
From where is the cute bundle of joy bundled?
Do storks really deliver that sweet little thing?
Oh, how does the miracle happen?
Are subsidies grown on trees?

The Left is at that level.

timthumb.png

What a wonderful visual statement, Trashmouth !

Takes me back to the earlier days of " hope and change ".

$.$. Halliburton thoughtlessly wrote:Where Do Subsidies Come From?

Oh!
Children, where does the money spring?
From where is the cute bundle of joy bundled?
Oh, how does the miracle happen?
Are subsidies grown on trees?

The Left is at that level.

Oh, $.$. Halliburtin!! -

Where do subsidies come from? Really, sir! Dear Leader makes them for us, of course!! Please think things through before posting silly questions.

money falling 2.jpg

Yes, yes, you are korrekt, Comrade Captain Craptek. I remember Obamaphone lady told us phones and monies come from Obama's "stash."

Another bonus to grid-tied home solar power systems is that if the main electrical grid goes down, your home system goes down with it.

Most grid-tied customers don't know this.

So ... you can't generate power for yourself because this operating feature is built into the hardware electronics and is illegal to modify. No ricky, no ticky.

Once again, Dear Leader's "green energy " policies have gloriously squashed personal independence !

( All of this power talk is of much silliness to Krasnodar. There is no needing of the electricity when you've got a shiny spoon and red sneakers ready to go on-line. )

Krasnodar wrote:Another bonus to grid-tied home solar power systems is that if the main electrical grid goes down, your home system goes down with it.

Most grid-tied customers don't know this.

So ... you can't generate power for yourself because this operating feature is built into the hardware electronics and is illegal to modify. No ricky, no ticky.

Once again, Dear Leader's "green energy " policies have gloriously squashed personal independence !

[highlight=#ffff00]( All of this power talk is of much silliness to Krasnodar. There is no needing of the electricity when you've got a shiny spoon and red sneakers ready to go on-line. )[/highlight]

Another advantage of the acoustic spoon. (R.O.C.K. - take note of this)