Thintelligence

"WANT IS WEALTH
POVERTY IS PROSPERITY
SQUALOR IS LUXURY"

Image In the topic "If I Were Not A Progressive, I Would Wonder", Comrades PeoplesComrade and R.O.C.K. mention the concept of "intelligence" sometimes apparently found in statists. That apparent anomaly was elegantly captured, though used to describe our modern culture in general, by Michael Crichton when he coined the term "thintelligence". That is, very narrow, shallow expertise in a particular field or discipline, such as professor of economics or climate scientist, with no corresponding understanding of the broader issues of life, such as the intertwining relationships of actual human interactions in commerce brought about by our wetwired methods of conducting our lives and working together (their models are based on ants, not humans), or the way nature points to creation and not chaos, etc.

And they have been conditioned like Pavlov's dog to follow a certain stimulus with a certain response - in their case, associating "Progressivism" with "cool", "hip", "gangsta", or whatever the word du jour happens to be. It makes them feel good about their depravity and larcenous hearts and vile desires. After all, if everybody does it, it can't be wrong. If it feels good, do it! And statists - control freaks in general - are all about feeling, not about helping, or doing, or caring - which involves doing. Those three are just words to them that they've learned to use to trick the unsuspecting or dull into thinking they are on some high moral plane. They believe speaking the words is the same as performing the actions that the words imply. But James points out their folly: "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works." They daren't go there, lest their works be shown for what they are. They employ a form of magical, delusional believing; they believe they do good works by the words they speak.
~
In fact, they have no interest in morality as it applies to making people's lives better. Just the opposite is what they achieve, though they may not admit it even to themselves. It's so blissful being blind to one's depravity and greed! At least, they won't admit to themselves consciously what effect their tinkering and meddling have. Perhaps because they need to believe someone other than themselves is responsible for the bad consequences of their actions, they accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of. Transference is so common in the statist as to be almost defining.

After all, they can't, by definition because of their beliefs, be the agents or causes of misery, or poverty, or slavery. So shift the blame! “It's not us,” they cry, “it's the fault of those who don't believe as we believe.” Yet, when it is pointed out to them that the results of their beliefs are proven by history to cause human regression and degradation, they will not believe it. At best they will say, “Oh, they weren't as smart as we are. They didn't throw as much money at my pet issues. How dare you question my motives or my methods! I'm helping humanity! I'm part of the solution!” They are so blinded by the myth that mankind is always progressing, and that they are pushing mankind along on the path to “progress”, that they fail to see regression when it kicks them in their collective ass.

Self-delusion is impossible to penetrate by other mere mortals. And that is why they must be their own gods. Because if they recognize they are accountable to One Who made them, their worlds will be undone. It is more comfortable for them to be miserable in their fantasies and illogic and ignorance than to seek a Truth beyond themselves. Which is essentially why they are relativists.

But, if you would be so kind as to indulge me, this subject of intelligence is one I wish to pursue for a moment, since so many statists consider themselves so far above those backwards conservatives. (Is it any wonder the communist slogan is "FORWARD!"? Statists, whenever possible, speak the reverse of the truth.) Forgive me for invoking my handle's namesake and referring to an earlier posting I made on our beloved Cube, but C. S. Lewis spun this same concept in a delightful yarn called "Perelandra". In that story, the antagonist, Weston, was possessed by a devil, and could talk eloquently for hours on the most erudite subjects - and his, or his demon's, purpose was to spin a bit of truth and a lot of blathering into webs of lies. But that was only a veneer; the demon-possessed Weston was even more compelled to do disgusting things with his body, or torture and kill small animals, or just sit for long periods and bark obscenities on occasion, if there was no need to invoke his cloak of "intelligence" to deceive people.

Comrade R.O.C.K. was correct in his reflection that "...liberals in general are people who, for one reason or another, never finished maturing emotionally and mentally." It is because of this, and pride, that they are unable to admit they are capable of human error, overcome their statist delusions, and apply their God-given intelligence to begin to explore Truth.

Michael Crichton had a clue about a great many things - what a pity that he isn't around to watch us descend as a nation to the level of the old Soviet Union, only on steroids this time around.

For any who haven't read it, may I recommend "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton?

C.S. Lewis also had many a righteous clue - in other places I use this as my avatar, and if you know the story of Aslan and can fathom Him with this look on His face... a stretch, I know, but it makes me smile. These days I take my joy, such as it is, wherever I can find it.

AslanSneering.jpg

Commissar Redumdimski wrote:Is it any wonder the communist slogan is "FORWARD!"?

No, it's not. Like Lot's wife, you mustn't look back, not because you'll be turned into a pillar of salt but because you'll see all the human misery and corpse-men left in your wake.

Commissar Redumdimski, I regret to inform you that we have suspended your posting privileges to protect our youth and elderly from any further ravages of unapproved thought patterns. Please report to the Eric Holder Center for Fast and Furious Re-Education ™.

Image Comrade R.O.C.K., dittos on recommendation of "State of Fear". Mr. Crichton knew how to run with the hot-topic balls of the day, and that fear-selling is still the Lapdog Media ball of the day. I don't recommend watching that sick old lapdog yelp (one's sanity will be ruthlessly attacked), but those who choose to subject themselves to the constant fire-hose inundation of that media will within two minutes absorb the essential message: "Be afraid. Be very afraid. And be scared witless of those Evil Old White Christian Tearrorist Conservative Men! And hate them.

"But don't worry. Unless we tell you to. Because our savior-caesar, Barrack Hussein 0bama (Mmm-mmm-mmm!) will smite them while he throws you condoms!"

The Lapdog Media is apparently just a huge community agitation organ.

Somehow, I believe if Mr. Crichton were around today, he would've at least produced an essay on 0bamadon'tcare. His talent was a blessing now gone, and we are the poorer for it, but he certainly had a knack for pointing out folly, and making an enjoyable read out of it.

And dittos Mr. Lewis - he was a fine Christian thinker and gifted writer. Your Aslan avatar is righteous too and certainly appropriate for the days we find ourselves in. There'd be real hope and change if the 0bamanation met the real Aslan!

Yes. The True Lion of Judah: He calls to them, and they ignore and deny Him.

Image Augh - I must stop this. Comrade Ded is right left. I feel myself turning salty and my proggery is crumbling! PeoplesComrade, clear a path! I must hasten to the nearest Eric Holder Center for Fast and Furious Re-Education™, and then to my local Jiffy-Lobo™ station just to be safe!

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
ObandonCare: The freedom to choose your mode of termination.

Comrade Redum,

"ObamadontCare™"... I think you struck gold on this one. This is a keeper.

Comrade Daddy, I wish I could say it's original. I believe it was coined by a caller to People's Enemy Mark Levin, but I may be incorrect.

Comrades !

We must always remember that Dear Leader created Obamacare because he
has always had our best interests at heart.

Obamacare 3.jpg

An example of our government in action....
The Barack Obama Memorial Emergency Meatlocker Care Center.

R.I.P.

Caesar 0bama has our summer slumber party planned already I see!

At least we will be kept cool in the sweltering heat.

Until electricity prices rise astronomically.

<Prog OFF or ON>
Either way, your post takes my breath away!
I've been pondering these things myself for quite some time.
Thanks.

Image Pamy, your breath is not the only breath that Papa 0bama wishes to take away.

Your plea is the same one that millions of us are crying out:

God help us!

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Hey R.O.C.K.!
C.S. Lewis made a woman believer out of me after reading "mere christianity."
Other things contributed to this as well but, Lewis opened me up and I am most grateful! And I agree with you about Michael Crichton. Look forward to reading your recommendations.