Thoughtcriminal Böhmermann denounced!

Turkish+President+Erdogan+files+request+for+prosecuition+for+Boehmermann+after+insult+poem.jpg
Glorious News from across the ocean, comrades!

Dear Leader Angela of Germany has denounced the TV-satire personality Jan Böhmermann. This thought criminal read a poem on German television, making fun of Sultan Erdogan by using a string of no-no words (admittedly of not a good taste). A good analysis about the legal context is to be found on the site of this Fascist Witch Queen. For a basic translation into English click here.

Sultan_Erdogan_of_Greater_Turkey_Recep_Tayyip_Tuerkei_IS_Islamic_State_Islamischer_Staat_Daesch_Daesh_Kurdistan_Kurds_Kritisches_Netzwerk_Kurdenschlaechter_Faschist.jpg
I have given my own interpretation of this case based on criminal terms used in the German Reich in other times:

Mr Böhmermann is now under police protection (Schutzhaft), probably in one of the many re-education camps springing up in Germany. The date of his appearance before the Volksgericht to answer for his Degenerate Art and Un-German propaganda has yet to be decided, but the Gesundes Volksempfinden will surely make him disappear forever in a political korrekt KonzentrationsLager.

Heil Merkel!

I must hope that it lost much in translation. I'm sure it was hilarious in the original. That is, is I ever found anything that made fun of a foreign political figure funny.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Actually, comrade Betinov, your are absolutely right: the text is completely over the top, vulgar and even for satirists like ourselves distasteful. But this was exactly the intention. Böhmermann was trying to find the "borders" of free speech in germany, after Sultan Erdogan criticised mr Böhmermann and Germany itself for another, more "balanced" form of satire earlier this month.
Böhmermann said he wanted to show Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan what defamation "really looked like".

This video of the first (and, better) satire of Erdogan is really worth watching:

The question was:
Is freedom of speech still absolute in Europe?Is Merkel someone who sells out her own culture?

The answers have now been given...

This is the full text of the "Bôhmermann Poem" in German:
(Be advised: the intention was to really insult Erdogan and provoke a dictatorial response. Do not read this expecting "soft satire". But in the end, comrades: isn't satire - in it's essence - all about insulting someone?)

Mystery item No. 1

Minitrue wrote:Image Actually, comrade Betinov, your are absolutely right: the text is completely over the top, vulgar and even for satirists like ourselves distasteful. But this was exactly the intention. Böhmermann was trying to find the "borders" of free speech in germany, after Sultan Erdogan criticised mr Böhmermann and Germany itself for another, more "balanced" form of satire earlier this month.
Böhmermann said he wanted to show Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan what defamation "really looked like".

This video of the first (and, better) satire of Erdogan is really worth watching:

The question was:
Is freedom of speech still absolute in Europe?Is Merkel someone who sells out her own culture?

The answers have now been given...

This is the full text of the "Bôhmermann Poem" in German:
(Be advised: the intention was to really insult Erdogan and provoke a dictatorial response. Do not read this expecting "soft satire". But in the end, comrades: isn't satire - in it's essence - all about insulting someone?)

Mystery item No. 1

[OFF]

I've heard of taking the piss, but that poem is the equivalent of pissing on someone! And I'd have to agree with Komrade Jarbrain, the poem is more insulting than satiric. Satire's characterized as having an element of irony, and I'm not seeing any of that here. I also agree with him that I also have never found anything that made fun of foreign political figures funny, except for maybe jokes about Angela Merkel and the incredibly funny proceedings in the House of Commons.