Tolerance Lubricates The Varied Moving Parts

The case of Elaine Photography v. Willock has been decided.

Elaine Huguenin of New Mexico owned a photography business. She was asked to provide services to a gay commitment ceremony between two lesbians, Vanessa Willock and her partner. Ms. Huguenin and her husband declined to provide their services because they are Christians and the orthodox tenets of their faith tell them that marriage is between a man and a woman.

One of the lesbians, Vanessa Willock, in an act of spite and retribution, decided to file a discrimination claim and punish Mrs. Huguenin for adhering to her religious beliefs. The New Mexico Supreme Court ruled that Christians, Muslims, Orthodox Jews, and others must surrender the faithful practice of their religion in the name of citizenship.

In a concurring opinion Justice Richard Bosson wrote: “At its heart, this case teaches that at some point in our lives all of us must compromise, if only a little, to accommodate the contrasting values of others…. That compromise is part of the glue that holds us together as a nation, the tolerance that lubricates the varied moving parts of us as a people…. In short, I would say to the Huguenins, with the utmost respect: it is the price of citizenship.”

As Comrade Charles Lamb once observed, “Nothing to me is more distasteful than that entire complacency and satisfaction which beam in the countenances of a newly married couple.”

LESBIANS.jpg

Comrade; We will know Next Tuesday™ has truly arrived when we ban even speaking about this "Jesus" dude. FORWARD! >"The State is my shepherd and I shall want."

godless american schools.png

There used to be an agency charged exclusively with the protection of individual rights. It was called the Federal Government. Thank the Democrat Party that it's gone. If you want some rights, join one of their groups.

Lenin forbid that I should question the State, but shouldn't the retrograde advocates of male-female marrage be left alone (maybe in a nice barbed-wire-enclosed compound) so that they can propagate many young slaves of the State citizens for the State to nurture?

dragqueens.jpg
Comrades, really - this whole discussion is SOOOO last year!

Why, I recently attended the wedding of Joe and Bill, pictured above, and it was a simply FABULOUS affair! So colorful - what wedding photographer in his/her/its right left mind wouldn't want to photograph such a delightful event?

These Teabagging conservatives need to get with the program, comrades!

Wow! Indulging their wedding night lust right there on the table top! Far out!

My eyes are still burning from the 'big hunka love' on the cycle.

Me too, Comrade Fraulein - what a whole lotta love!

And Comrade Squirrel, surely that was merely a pose for the wedding photographer, you know, like the teabaggers and conservatives take in a field with the happy couple gazing into each others' eyes, or maybe in a gazebo with her wedding gown trailing behind her.

Wouldn't you agree that the couple in my photo looks like SOOOO much more fun? What wedding photographer could resist?

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Me too, Comrade Fraulein - what a whole lotta love!

And Comrade Squirrel, surely that was merely a pose for the wedding photographer, you know, like the teabaggers and conservatives take in a field with the happy couple gazing into each others' eyes, or maybe in a gazebo with her wedding gown trailing behind her.

[highlight=#ffff00]Wouldn't you agree that the couple in my photo looks like SOOOO much more fun? What wedding photographer could resist?[/highlight]

There are some other photographers who could use this table-top frivolity as the opening scene in a short home video - like, "Romancing The Beef" or "Not in My Dinner" - ya know, something like that.

Vanessa Will-cock driving that bike? If that's female, Mrs. Huguenin, it would take considerably more than money to get most anyone to bend and work at that party. Maybe water boarding with bamboo rammed under the finger nails?