The election day movie to re-watch: The Red Balloon

The Red Balloon. What a wonderful symbol.

This morning I went to vote the bastards out and the good guys in.
During the day I was concerned about Mia Love, running for Congress in Utah's 4th District, so looked her up. I don't live in her state but I was really rooting for her. She was trailing her opponent for awhile and that upset me. How could this girl not win? She's been fighting for years and has taken some nasty blows.

Well, as it happens, the voting machines in Utah had some glitches and results were delayed.

MIA LOVE WON!!!!!!!

Mia Love.jpg

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865614760/Owens-leads-Love-in-first-returns-for-4th-District-congressional-race.html

This is a real Cinderella story. It made my day.

Pamalinsky wrote:The Red Balloon. What a wonderful symbol.

This morning I went to vote the bastards out and the good guys in.
During the day I was concerned about Mia Love, running for Congress in Utah's 4th District, so looked her up. I don't live in her state but I was really rooting for her. She was trailing her opponent for awhile and that upset me. How could this girl not win? She's been fighting for years and has taken some nasty blows.

Well, as it happens, the voting machines in Utah had some glitches and results were delayed.

MIA LOVE WON!!!!!!!

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865614760/Owens-leads-Love-in-first-returns-for-4th-District-congressional-race.html

This is a real Cinderella story. It made my day.

I made a donation to one of Mia's campaigns a few years ago and have followed her since. Good for her. Persistence! I'm expecting the "Black Caucus" to extend her an official invitation to join!

I want to see her get in a fist-fight with Sheila Jackson-Lee.

Sheila has the pounds on her, but I think that Mia has agility and reach, and while heavily braided, the condtender from Utah is not burdened by the S J-L triple-crown weave. Image

Yeah, Crap, I'm sure the Black Caucus will send her an invitation, and throw her out,just like they did Allen West.

I love this girl and think she has a brilliant future. She's tough, has integrity, and is smart. Those pictures of her winning really put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. Go Mia!

Tovarichi wrote:I want to see her get in a fist-fight with Sheila Jackson-Lee.

Sheila has the pounds on her, but I think that Mia has agility and reach, and while heavily braided, the condtender from Utah is not burdened by the S J-L triple-crown weave. Image

Lordy, Lordy, Tovi!

SheLee couldn't even bear the light this young woman brings. She would dissolve in 2 seconds.

That's what happens when evil, dark, stupid freaks have to face the truth.

I would pay good money to see this happen, though, and lay odds on it in Vegas.