Union Man Video: I ain't gonna work till you get me a perk

This came in the mail:

Glen Shulfer wrote:Dear Red Square,

I have witnessed the sense of entitlement by the union employees during the Madison protests. This has inspired to write a song called “Union Man”. I am a local Milwaukee area musician, former teacher and a Scott Walker supporter. Perhaps if you like its message, you would link it to your site, or forward it to anyone that would help to get the message spread. Also, if there is any service I may provide, please let me know.

Glen Shulfer
https://www.glensong.com
See the lyrics below...

Union Man
© 2011 Glen Shulfer

I ain't gonna work till you get me a perk.
I want my medical insurance given to me free.
I got to have a bigger salary.
You got to give me more. C'mon and give me more.

Cause I'm a Union Man. I got the right to get all I can.
I'm a Union Man. I get my power from the working man.
I'm a Union Man. Hell with the budget, just tax the rich man MORE!
I'm a Union Man, Local 213.

Seniority is security.
I get a big fat pension when I'm 55,
so I can suck up all the taxpayers dry.
You got to give me more. C'mon and give me more!

I'm a Union Man. Hell with the taxpayer. Just make him pay more, like this!

Solidarity is democracy.
If I don't get my collective bargaining right,
I'm gonna shut you down with all of my might.

Cause I'm a Union Man. You can't deny my God given right.
I'm a Union Man. It's for the children, it's not for me.
I'm a Union Man. Just don't go messing with my benefits plan.
I'm a Union Man. Hell with the law, I'll just take what I deserve. MORE!

Here's your campaign contribution, Mr. Senator.
I got tenure, just try to get rid of me!

Welcome back boss. Hey that song has real potential as the theme song for the Democrat National Convention in 2012. And what heroic images of Union workers in the video. Most inspiring.

Our Comrade Director Red Square was gone? I am really not in the communication loop.

Union Man is a big hit with the gang here at the NC Kollective. They have been dancing away. It was time for a break anyway. We have been working so hard to prepare for the O Twelve Convention. Comrade Whoopie may be right.

"[highlight=#ffff99]a Scott Walker supporter[/highlight]"? I believe that is a slight problem...

Burn the witch! Burn her, burn!

Oops, where's that "show trial" thread again?

Good Lord Choke! Someone put away all these vodka bottles and shoo the Chippendales out the back door, but make sure we first retrieve the $100 bills out of their thongs this time.

Red Square! You're back from the dead! I mean you're back! And the others all said you were dead! (Except for Leninka, who said you merely had to be sent away "for a while" but she made it sound like 20 years to life.) Yes, they insisted you were dead, and they even made the proles perform the shovel-ready job of digging your grave, after which they danced upon it with such sickening glee you'd think they had Sarah Palin rightly buried beneath six feet of her own filth.

But not I! For I never gave up hope that you would come back, even if it meant hiring a new actor to play your part.

In the meantime, if you've returned to find members doing anything they shouldn't, well, I just want you to know that from the very start, I was totally against whatever they're doing. I wore my WWRSD wristband and told them you wouldn't approve of whatever they were doing, but they all laughed and said they'd do as they pleased, because you were gone and never coming back.

Then Whoopie pulled on my red headscarf and wrenched my shovel away from me and bent it. I was ticked at first, until I realized the kink makes it all the easier to whack him over his fool head.

Oh yes, and Colonel 7.62 called you a Blockhead. And he laughed when he said it.

Red Square wrote:This came in the mail:

Glen Shulfer wrote: ~

Union Man
© 2011 Glen Shulfer

I ain't gonna work till you get me a perk.
I want my medical insurance given to me free.
I got to have a bigger salary.
You got to give me more. C'mon and give me more.

I'm a Union Man. Hell with the budget, just tax the rich man MORE!
I'm a Union Man, Local 213.

Seniority is security.
I get a big fat pension when I'm 55,
so I can suck up all the taxpayers dry.

I'm a Union Man. Hell with the taxpayer. Just make him pay more, like this!

Solidarity is democracy.
If I don't get my collective bargaining right,
I'm gonna shut you down with all of my might.

Cause I'm a Union Man. You can't deny my God given right.
I'm a Union Man. It's for the children, it's not for me.
I'm a Union Man. Just don't go messing with my benefits plan.
I'm a Union Man. Hell with the law, I'll just take what I deserve. MORE!

Here's your campaign contribution, Mr. Senator.
I got tenure, just try to get rid of me!

Hmmm...the words are well within communist orthodoxy, but this Artist of the People ™ sounds a little like this Reich Winger:

Ted+Nugent.jpg

Thank you, Pinkie, for the timely manner in which you alerted me of the deviationists in our midst. Forms of their deviationism included revisionism, dogmatism, bourgeois nationalism, rootless cosmopolitanism, and religious obscurantism.

In fact, my disappearance was only a ploy to find out what the comrades would be saying in my absence. Trust me, justice will be swift and satisfying. The spring purges are coming!

On a different note, the author of the song emailed me this:

Glen wrote:I read the Red Cube just about every day. It is an honor that you will post it!

Welcome back, Comrade Square!

I played along with this union musics, equally of course, and in perfect union-like solidarity. I must admit, I nearly got out of control near the end and played screaming lead guitar solos with pick slides and whammy bar feedback, but I slapped myself with shovel blade on end of guitar neck just in time.

Most excellent, Comrade Glen!

Oh - and Red Blooded [highlight=#808080][highlight=#ffffff]appreciations [/highlight][/highlight]and deserved hatred for the Evil Nuge as well :)

Comrades,

I don't know what all this fuss is about. I thought "Scott Walker Supporters" came in a box and were union made at that!Comrade Boss,We have been adrift in a moras of molasses without your firm hand on the wheel,glad you're back.

"[highlight=#ffff99]The spring purges are coming![/highlight]"
Hmmmm...If anyone needs me I'll be in Brazil working with orphan children in the jungles. You can reach me on my Sat. Phone, but reception is pretty bad down there.

Hello? Vlad? Yeah it's Grigori. Fire up the GulfStream, we are headed for Rio. Oh, and tell Evgenia to bring the car around front.

Ahaha, that Pinkie is such a joker, she's just pulling your leg Big Red. You'll find that we kept your website in good repair and running like a well oiled watch during your absence, a little backstabbing not withstanding. But that's to be expected whenever you turn your back, no?

You'll find the weekly traffic reports, covert videos and your share of the skim from our various illegal rackets unauthorized activities on your desk.

The grave digging that Pinkie witnessed was in preparation for a showtrial but it turns out they weren't needed after all, the accused were acquitted.