VIDEO: The Freudian Joy of Obama Advertising

Our trusty Comradette Red Squirrel was recently in DC and made this short video narration, which I think is an apt exploration of the Freudian view of the intimate relationship between Obama and the liberal advertisers who are trying to engage the nation in a kinky subliminal orgy.

Descend into a round-shaped tunnel and you will find joy and many big Os.

But I wonder why the word LOVE was not there. Would that have made it too obvious? Or is it all about the JOY of meaningless intimacy with strangers? You know the sequence - first YO, then XOXO, then WOW, then POP - and then HOPE that no venereal disease had been contracted.

In fact, I think it could be remastered so that it would follow the above narrative closer - with an exciting female voiceover, or captions, or both.

I had my doubts over whether Pepsi had deliberately mimeswiped the O, but now I know the truth.

I am so disappointed in my Collective down south, as I have never seen such symbols of our glorious victory outside the occasional Obama bumper sticker. It sometimes seems as if HOPE has not shown on our collective in the south yet. Speaking of O words we need for our posters....

SOAP, SOLD, STOLE, STOOL (most progressive double O word)

Commissar Obamissar V wrote:I had my doubts over whether Pepsi had deliberately mimeswiped the O, but now I know the truth.
Perhaps Pepsi created the O and the Obama mimeswept the Pepsi O?

Thank you, Marshal! This gave me an idea...

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Here's a teachable moment - learn from Pepsi advertisers how to present a sick, unattractive idea in a way that would make it enjoyable by associating it with something really, really cool, like a circle with some bright colors in it.

You have a whole different feeling about it now, don't you? Now we need to market this cool idea to Obama's Healthcare Czar. If these posters are hanging in public hospitals and medical offices across the country, patients won't be so upset about the socialized medicine unable to take care of their problems, now would they?

Perchance does this image clang your clapper?

Thank you Pinkie. The mysterious shape kept haunting me until I nailed it turned on Discovery Channel:

I'm all for Pepsi's appropriation of the One. Why not make a few bucks for the collective in the name of his O'liness?

In all seriousness though, walking around the Metro making a video is probably a bad idea. A graduate of the Islamic Saudi Academy that I live near was just arrested for making a video of the Bay Bridge. Careful, Red Squirrel! Well done, though.

Glorious Leader Red Square, I am so pleased my meager offering inspired you, especially the STOOL....

In further consideration of the magnificence of our current leader, perhaps the most appropriate sign should be...

DOH!

Red Square wrote:But I wonder why the word LOVE was not there. Would that have made it too obvious? Or is it all about the JOY of meaningless intimacy with strangers? You know the sequence - first YO, then XOXO, then WOW, then POP - and then HOPE that no venereal disease had been contracted.

In fact, I think it could be remastered so that it would follow the above narrative closer - with an exciting female voiceover, or captions, or both.

Of course, Comrade Red Square, what you say about the O is your opinion. To another, it might mean something entirely different. Nevertheless, I believe you and Comradette Red Squirrel, have tripped in me, a deep thought: is it possible that the Great O has become the most pondered Rorschach image in our lifetime?

Such an uplifting thread with all it's wondrous imagery!

It reminds me so much of these other glorious logo creations, inspired by the One.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/03/03/ob ... lus-beast/

Red Square wrote: But I wonder why the word LOVE was not there.

"Love" is a phony bourgeois emotion invented by capitalists to exploit the masses and destroy the environment through the picking and selling of flowers that die slow agonizing deaths; teddy bears (Ever seen one that's biodegradable? I thought not.); Hallmark cards (all those trees slaughtered for something most recipients throw out after three days); and romance novels that send a wrong message to the ignorant masses by glorifying hateful, intolerant, and mean-spirited values like monogamy and lifelong commitments that lead to abominations like this:
<br>
The family is a repository of wrong ideas, archaic values, violence, perversity, and home cooking. Parents are the scum of history. They are unsightly Neanderthal vermin who will be replaced shortly in our lifetime by experts whose skill at social engineering will make the family a defunct nightmare. Children must be removed from these scoundrels as early as possible and be taught correct facts and values by our Party-approved professionals. The new generation must be pre-conditioned to live in a new society based on Marxist science.

Meanwhile, the knuckle-dragging Fox News addicted M.i.G. Mikoyan is paid by either Freedom Watch, Halliburton, Exxon Mobil, or even f**king Rupert Murdock (who, according to a borderline genius we know, owns You Tube and is known to freeze the number of views on Progressive videos and disable the video owner's ability to remove comments containing personal attacks) to post the following hate speech:

In all seriousness though, walking around the Metro making a video is probably a bad idea. A graduate of the Islamic Saudi Academy that I live near was just arrested for making a video of the Bay Bridge. Careful, Red Squirrel! Well done, though.
Hel-loo? Anyone home? The Bush years are over, Mr. Brownshirt. Tourists are no longer arrested based on the hateful Bush policy of racial profiling. Everyone in the world, no matter where they come from, is now free to come into America and videotape everything from bridges and tunnels to B-52 bombers--BECAUSE THOSE ARE OUR PLANES NOW, DO YOU HEAR ME? You lost, Mikoyan! You and your Bush-loving-worshiping friends have failed, just like your stupid hateful murderous idiotic stupid policies and ideology that destroyed this country and this whole planet. YOU AND YOUR NEOCON KIND ARE FINISHED, SO SPARE US YOUR SLEAZY WINGNUT LIES!

Go away, Mikoyan. Just give up, and go away like the big fat Limbaughtomized 23 percenter loser you are. And don't even bother going out to vote in 2010, unless you mean to vote Democrat, because otherwise you're wasting your time supporting a dead loser party. The debate is over, and there's utterly no excuse for your misplaced loyalty, except someone must be paying you very, very well.

Who, Mikoyan?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

I am found out...I must now disappear to Crawford a place where none of you will ever, ever find me...

I guess I should have made that clear. But there really was someone arrested at the ISA, and the valedictorian was convicted in a plot to kill Bush. The cops call it Terror High. The maps in their textbooks don't have Israel, and they teach about killing Jews and Christians and stuff.

Comrade Commissarka!

That's one of the best Foaming Moonbat Missives I've seen in quite some time. You're qualified to be Ira Shitzki on Iowntheworld or to have your own Daily Kos column!

Leninka wrote:Of course, Comrade Red Square, what you say about the O is your opinion. To another, it might mean something entirely different.

What is this??? "Comrade" Leninka, what the Glorious Red Square says is by default, doctrine. Have you checked your tin foil hat? There must be something wrong with your reception. Why, Red Square is the most equal of us all! A mere press or two of his god-like fingers and you would become a non-person, who never existed. If I were you, and thank Lenin I am not, I would be getting my shovel out and put some groveling knee pads on.

Marshal Pupovich wrote:
Leninka wrote:Of course, Comrade Red Square, what you say about the O is your opinion. To another, it might mean something entirely different.

What is this??? "Comrade" Leninka, what the Glorious Red Square says is by default, doctrine. Have you checked your tin foil hat? There must be something wrong with your reception. Why, Red Square is the most equal of us all! A mere press or two of his god-like fingers and you would become a non-person, who never existed. If I were you, and thank Lenin I am not, I would be getting my shovel out and put some groveling knee pads on.
Marshall Pupovich, I was only saying that Comrade Red Square, or you, as a male of your species, who prefers fire hydrants over the people's bathroom, for that matter, not being a feminine woman, like myself, might not have the same perspective on the O as I.

However, I do admire and respect both you, and your dogged respect for Comrade Red Square, and I will tell you, without a doubt that my tin foil hat came pre-equipped with a specially installed shock device in the case that I ever showed Comrade Red Square any disrespect!

OK, sports fans, while driving the streets of the metropolis this afternoon, I happened to see a Pepsi billboard proclaiming "LOVETC"--yes, that's one word--with the O properly adorned with their logo. I didn't have a camera with me. But apparently, LOVE isn't enough for them. The billboard also included this--how does Joe Biden put it?--website number:

http://www.refresheverything.com/

Upon returning to my dacha, I punched in this website number hoping to find a whole collection of their newest ads. Instead I found what comes across as a subliminal "We Lovetc Obama" fansite. Color schemes and fonts eerily similar to the Obama campaign's; plus a "send a message to the prez" feature, and best of all, the "Refresh Symposium" page.

So why not HOPEYADAYADA? Or YESYOUCANANDALLTHATOTHERBULLSHIT?

I must now chase my People's Vodka with Pepsi!

Leninka wrote: Marshall Pupovich, I was only saying that Comrade Red Square, or you, as a male of your species, who prefers fire hydrants over the people's bathroom, for that matter, not being a feminine woman, like myself, might not have the same perspective on the O as I.

Comrade, I can see the only perspective you will be seeing for a long time, is that of a shovel and beets. That is, until you learn that my perspective, your perspective, the other person's perspective, is of no consequence. It is the Party's perspective that is the sole guide one needs. If the Party says 2+2=5, what do you say when asked what 2+2 is equal to?

Marshal Pupovich wrote:Comrade, I can see the only perspective you will be seeing for a long time, is that of a shovel and beets. That is, until you learn that my perspective, your perspective, the other person's perspective, is of no consequence. It is the Party's perspective that is the sole guide one needs. If the Party says 2+2=5, what do you say when asked what 2+2 is equal to?
Ouch! Comrade Marshall Pupovich, that was a particularly strong shock you administered through the shock device in my tin foil hat. My indoctrination is still in it's early stages, and I was waiting for the new Medic - O - Plan to kick in before getting my JifiLobo. Of course, I would say that 2 + 2 = 5. Please accept my apology.

Leninka wrote:Ouch! Comrade Marshall Pupovich, that was a particularly strong shock you administered through the shock device in my tin foil hat. My indoctrination is still in it's early stages, and I was waiting for the new Medic - O - Plan to kick in before getting my JifiLobo. Of course, I would say that 2 + 2 = 5. Please accept my apology.

Comrade Leninka, you can be sure that that hurt you more than it hurt me. But I did it for the Common Good™ and thus for your good. I am pleased to see that you responded correctly, and as an award, I am authorizing an extra week of beet rations and some surplus baby seal bones I had laying about that you can use to make some stock with.