Videos to warm the heart of all fellow travelers

Truly the world of next Tuesday arrives tomorrow (10-20-09) with the DVD release of the long buried propaganda movie "Mission to Moscow" (1943). A Warner Bros. classic produced by the same guy who made Casablanca and based on the memoirs of Ambassador Davies.

Finally a movie that shows the glories of Stalinist Russia untainted by the jaundiced eye of Cold War hysteria. Watch a grandfatherly Stalin as he rebuilds the industrial infrastructure of Russia to meet the Nazi threat. Hear the real truth behind the show trials and executions. See happy Russians toiling in the fields and factories.

When you're done watching that, checkout this documentary "That Was the GDR" (1993). A four part, two DVD set that covers every aspect of the East German experience from it's founding in 1949 to it's fall in 1990. Illuminating interviews, archival photos, posters and popular songs. Cheer along as you watch the suppression of the "Prague Spring" in 1968. A welcome gift to find under any comrade's Winter Solstice tree at only $29.95

Whoopie, thank you. I'm so glad that you told me this. I was preparing to sit down and watch <i>Patton</i>, my favorite movie, favorite that is because I love to sneer at foolish patriotic Americans. I am an Obamabot, after all.

So glad to know that I can have good progressive fare to fill my nights.

Oh, and have you seen <i>The Lives of Others</i>? The oppression by the STASI! Glorious! The only problem is the STASI agent who did not inform on his subject. He wound up delivering letters. I myself would have had him intimately acquainted with one of the stakes in my north forty.

O Glorious! I'll put this right beside my copy of Fiddler On The Roof!