We Must Judge People by the Color of Their Skin!

With the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor, DEAR LEADER is finally able to destroy the dream of that evil Rethuglikkkan Traitor-to-His-Racetm, Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. King foolishly dreamed of judging people by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin. We Progressives PROGS know better: the color of a person's skin is the only thing by which we must judge a person. Except for the pigment-challenged members of the The Partytm, all white people are, by virtue of their race, evil.

Judge Sotomayor gave a brilliant speech at the University of California at Berkeley in 2001 asserting the superior world-view of people of color: “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life.” It is ridiculous to expect judges to be impartial “…because it denies the fact that we are by our experiences making different choices than others.” And “…our gender and national origins may and will make a difference in our judging.” You would have to be a fool (or evil white person) to think otherwise.

Someone is thinking "RETRIAL". Let's take it to the Supreme Court! Everyone deserves a second chance.

ThePeoplesComrade wrote:Someone is thinking "RETRIAL". Let's take it to the Supreme Court! Everyone deserves a second chance.

(off)
Or a third. . . a fourth. . . a fifth. . .

Running-Dog Capitalist wrote: Judge Sotomayorial The Great gave a brilliant speech at the most progressive campus of the glorious University of California at Berkeley in 2001 asserting the superior world-view of all Non-White Male people: “I would hope that a wise, glorious and omnicient Latina Womyn with the absolute richness of her superior experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a White Male who hasn't lived that life. Because allWhite Male's are privileged, andthe White Malehas never been subject to discrimination. And we all know that theWhite Male is responsible for all the hate, anger, and Kapitalistbourgeois subjugation of all oppressed people. But, let me be clear, I'm not a raaaacccciiiisssttt, I do not judge people by the color of there skin.”

There fixed it comrade, now it looks like every other book in post-modern academia.
Gloriously Progressive!

Unlike the Traitor-To-His-Race(TM) Morgan FREEMAN:

Comrade Red Rooster:

Of course Judge Sotomayer is not a racist. It is impossible for a Person-of-Colortm to be a racist. In order to be a racist you must have power and we Progs know that no Persons-of-Colortm have power. The only racists are White Males.

Running-Dog Capitalist wrote:Comrade Red Rooster:

Of course Judge Sotomayer is not a racist. It is impossible for a Person-of-Colortm to be a racist. In order to be a racist you must have power and we Progs know that no Persons-of-Colortm have power. The only racists are White Males.
Especially those who (echo background, and higher volume) "OWN A BUSINESS"

Right Comrades! And it is also important to note that we secprogs are excellent mind readers and know exactly what a fellow comrade would have said had that comrade had the chance to say it again. For all comrades think alike, and if we don't well we will find out what to think soon enough, when Dear Leader tells us so:

President Barack Obama on Friday personally sought to deflectcriticism of Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, who finds herselfunder intensifying scrutiny for saying in 2001 that a female Hispanicjudge would often reach a better decision than a white male judge.
"I'm sure she would have restated it," Obama flatly told NBC News, without indicating how he knew that.

Thequote in question from Sotomayor has emerged as a rallying call forconservative critics who fear she will offer opinions from the benchbased less on the rule of law and more on her life experience,ethnicity and gender. That issue is likely to play a central role inher Senate confirmation process.

"Ithink that when she's appearing before the Senate committee, in herconfirmation process, I think all this nonsense that is being spewedout will be revealed for what it is," Obama said in the broadcastinterview, clearly aware of how ethnicity and gender issues are takinghold in the debate.

Thepresident's damage control underscored how the White House is eager tostay on message as the battle to publicly define Sotomayor picks up.
Obama's top spokesman, Robert Gibbs, told reporters about Sotomayor: "I think she'd say that her word choice in 2001 was poor."
Gibbs,however, said he did not hear that from Sotomayor directly. He said helearned it from people who had talked to her, and he did not identifywho those people were. Sotomayor herself has made no public statementssince her nomination became official Tuesday and was not reachable forcomment.

A veteran federal judge, Sotomayor is poised to be the first Hispanic, and the third woman, to serve on the Supreme Court.

Shesaid in 2001: "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richnessof her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusionthan a white male who hasn't lived that life." The remark was in thecontext her saying that "our gender and national origins may and willmake a difference in our judging."

Sotomayor's comments came in a lecture, titled "A Latina Judge's Voice," that she gave in 2001 at the law school of the University of California, Berkeley.

After three days of suggesting that reporters and critics should not dwell on one sentence from a speech, the White House had a different message Friday.

"Ifyou look in the entire sweep of the essay that she wrote, what's clearis that she was simply saying that her life experiences will give herinformation about the struggles and hardships that people are goingthrough, that will make her a good judge," Obama said in the broadcastinterview.

Sotomayor appears headedfor confirmation, needing a majority vote in a Senate, where Democratshave 59 votes. But beyond the final vote, White House officials arepushing for a smooth confirmation, not one that bogs down them or theirnominee. Plus, Obama wants a strong win, not a slim one.

Obamatold NBC that part of the job of a Supreme Court justice is to stand insomebody else's shoes and that Sotomayor will do that. "That breadth ofexperience, that knowledge of how the world works, is part of what wewant for a justice who's going be effective," Obama said.
More than one line in the 2001 speech has helped drive the debate over Sotomayor's judgment.
She also said, for example: "Personal experiences affect the facts that judges choose to see."
"Myhope is that I will take the good from my experiences and extrapolatethem further into areas in which I am unfamiliar," she said. "I simplydo not know exactly what that difference will be in my judging. But Iaccept there will be some based on my gender and my Latina heritage."
Atthe time Sotomayor gave the speech, she was in the same job she is now,a federal appeals court judge. She said then she was reminded dailythat her decisions affect people and that she owes them "completevigilance in checking my assumptions, presumptions and perspectives."
"Iwillingly accept that we who judge must not deny the differencesresulting from experience and heritage," she added, "but attempt, asthe Supreme Court suggests, continuously to judge when those opinions,sympathies and prejudices are appropriate."

Inannouncing Sotomayor as his choice, Obama said he wanted a judge whowould "approach decisions without any particular ideology or agenda,but rather a commitment to impartial justice." But he also called herlife experience essential, saying she had an understanding of "howordinary people live."

Sotomayor will hold her first face-to-face meetings next week as the confirmation process begins to take shape.

Being a more equal secprog his O'liness learned through private schooling and Ivy League education how "howordinary people live" and this why comrades he knows.

Long Live His O'liness!
Castrate Alberto Gonzales!

Red Rooster wrote:Right Comrades! And it is also important to note that we secprogs are excellent mind readers and know exactly what a fellow comrade would have said had that comrade had the chance to say it again. For all comrades think alike, and if we don't well we will find out what to think soon enough, when Dear Leader tells us so:

President Barack Obama on Friday personally sought to deflectcriticism of Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, who finds herselfunder intensifying scrutiny for saying in 2001 that a female Hispanicjudge would often reach a better decision than a white male judge.
"I'm sure she would have restated it," Obama flatly told NBC News, without indicating how he knew that.

Thequote in question from Sotomayor has emerged as a rallying call forconservative critics who fear she will offer opinions from the benchbased less on the rule of law and more on her life experience,ethnicity and gender. That issue is likely to play a central role inher Senate confirmation process.

"Ithink that when she's appearing before the Senate committee, in herconfirmation process, I think all this nonsense that is being spewedout will be revealed for what it is," Obama said in the broadcastinterview, clearly aware of how ethnicity and gender issues are takinghold in the debate.

Thepresident's damage control underscored how the White House is eager tostay on message as the battle to publicly define Sotomayor picks up.
Obama's top spokesman, Robert Gibbs, told reporters about Sotomayor: "I think she'd say that her word choice in 2001 was poor."
Gibbs,however, said he did not hear that from Sotomayor directly. He said helearned it from people who had talked to her, and he did not identifywho those people were. Sotomayor herself has made no public statementssince her nomination became official Tuesday and was not reachable forcomment.

A veteran federal judge, Sotomayor is poised to be the first Hispanic, and the third woman, to serve on the Supreme Court.

Shesaid in 2001: "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richnessof her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusionthan a white male who hasn't lived that life." The remark was in thecontext her saying that "our gender and national origins may and willmake a difference in our judging."

Sotomayor's comments came in a lecture, titled "A Latina Judge's Voice," that she gave in 2001 at the law school of the University of California, Berkeley.

After three days of suggesting that reporters and critics should not dwell on one sentence from a speech, the White House had a different message Friday.

"Ifyou look in the entire sweep of the essay that she wrote, what's clearis that she was simply saying that her life experiences will give herinformation about the struggles and hardships that people are goingthrough, that will make her a good judge," Obama said in the broadcastinterview.

Sotomayor appears headedfor confirmation, needing a majority vote in a Senate, where Democratshave 59 votes. But beyond the final vote, White House officials arepushing for a smooth confirmation, not one that bogs down them or theirnominee. Plus, Obama wants a strong win, not a slim one.

Obamatold NBC that part of the job of a Supreme Court justice is to stand insomebody else's shoes and that Sotomayor will do that. "That breadth ofexperience, that knowledge of how the world works, is part of what wewant for a justice who's going be effective," Obama said.
More than one line in the 2001 speech has helped drive the debate over Sotomayor's judgment.
She also said, for example: "Personal experiences affect the facts that judges choose to see."
"Myhope is that I will take the good from my experiences and extrapolatethem further into areas in which I am unfamiliar," she said. "I simplydo not know exactly what that difference will be in my judging. But Iaccept there will be some based on my gender and my Latina heritage."
Atthe time Sotomayor gave the speech, she was in the same job she is now,a federal appeals court judge. She said then she was reminded dailythat her decisions affect people and that she owes them "completevigilance in checking my assumptions, presumptions and perspectives."
"Iwillingly accept that we who judge must not deny the differencesresulting from experience and heritage," she added, "but attempt, asthe Supreme Court suggests, continuously to judge when those opinions,sympathies and prejudices are appropriate."

Inannouncing Sotomayor as his choice, Obama said he wanted a judge whowould "approach decisions without any particular ideology or agenda,but rather a commitment to impartial justice." But he also called herlife experience essential, saying she had an understanding of "howordinary people live."

Sotomayor will hold her first face-to-face meetings next week as the confirmation process begins to take shape.

Being a more equal secprog his O'liness learned through private schooling and Ivy League education how "howordinary people live" and this why comrades he knows.

Long Live His O'liness!
Castrate Alberto Gonzales!

Excellent Comrade! Her Holiness Hyphen Subjective Supreme Sotomayor has walked the path not even that archaic fairytale Jesuit could withstand! Her proclamations of subjectivity will ring throughout the land in the name of The Common Good(TM). The People(TM) shall be redeemed from their lowly lives with cell phones at the soup kitchen to the heights of Supreme Judiciary! Long live our Personal Experiences(TM) in math, law, and the sciences!

All Hail Hyphen Obama!

All Hail Her Holiness Hyphen Subjective Supreme Sotomayor!

Red Rooster wrote:... Long live our Personal Experiences(TM) in math, law, and the sciences! ...

Comrade Red Rooster:

I must warn you: You are coming dangerously close to being denounced.

Our Personal-Experiencestm having NOTHING to do with mathematics, law and the sciences. As good sec-progs, we must have Empathytm above all else. Of course, except for those white guys that are members of The Partytm, the Evil-White-Maletm is not deserving of Empathytm.

Comrade Running-Dog:

It is our Personal-Experiences(TM) that give us Empathy(TM) which further adds to our subjective Understanding(TM) and makes us Superior Judges(TM). And it follows that our Empathy(TM) defined through our subjective Personal Experiences(TM) must also be applied to mathematics, law and the sciences. Why comrade, have you so quickly forgotten Our Green Environment Hero(TM): Albert "Einstein" Gore? Everyone knows that it is his demonstration and example of true Empathy(TM) for our planet that will save the human race. And his Personal Experience(TM) with the phenomenon of Global Warming(TM) has brought about his glorious revelations.

Comrade bakmanbi, knows all this to well. And just look comrade at what these KKKapitalist White Pigs(TM) are spreading (never mind that his name is Ramirez, he is a Traitor-To-His-Race(TM) and therefore a Evil-White-Male-Wanna-Be(TM)):

Look comrades! Some White-KKKapitalist-Thug(TM) put this on the Cube:

Here's a hypothetical situation. Suppose Obama needs to get surgery on his testicle hernia. He has two surgeons to choose from:

1. A female Latina surgeon with a vast knowledge of testicles, whose main credit is the advancement of a multiculturalist approach towards medicine, a life-long experience of handling male genitalia, and empathy towards other female Latinas who often wish they could cut off their husband's nuts.

2. A white male surgeon with a vast knowledge of medicine, whose whose main credit is limited to curing patients, who has little empathy as he believes that feeling the patient's pain during the operations prevents him from his work, and has a life-long experience of handling the scalpel.

Which one do you think Obama would choose for his own operation?

The female Latina surgeon of course, comrade! What iz u igorant? Dis boy be fist-bumpin' wid his own lady... so hell yah he gonna be down wid some Latina Wild Thang(TM)! Wat up?