We Win 2nd Place in Best Cartoons of 2012 at Right Reasons

This one goes to Supercommissar Maksim for the "Surrender Your Dignity" cartoon.

Best_Cartoon_Prize.jpg

See all the contestants here.

I run a cartoon, etc., thread at a few sites. At the beginning of a new year, the readers vote on the top 10 items (out of more than 13,000) posted during the previous year. We actually select 15 per month & the resulting 180 items comprise the year-end voting.

Your (Maksim's) item won the 2nd place prize at the The Right Reasons.

Your trophy is attached.

Congrats!
Jamie/pookie18

The winning cartoon can be seen on this thread:

In Progressive America Virtue Has No Value

2nd place? We shall accept nothing more than FIRST!!!

...Just kidding, this is great news for the Cube!

Comrades, we must denounce the participation in this competition! All trophies should be awarded equally! All participants and non-participants deserve equal recognition for their contribution or lack thereof!

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Congratulations!

Congrats for a MOST excellently equal work for the People, Supercommissar!

I see a slight addition to your beet vodka rations in your future!

Comrade Putout - thank you for the festively epic collective portrait of the Party faithful!

I hereby issue a recommendation for Commissarka Pinkie to present you with her prestigious Beet of the Week Award.

On my part as People's Director, I'd like to attach Laika the Space Dog's "Friend of People" medal to your silky lapel.

Comrade Putout,

I congratulate you for these most-deserved honors! You've earned them!

Most impressive! Ha! This makes me very happy!

And Maksim, as usual, your work works for the collective! Awesome!

People's Director Red Square - it is an honor to be awarded the Laika the Space Dog's 'Friend of People' medal! As you can see I wear it proudly!

[attachment=0]my-new-medal.jpg[/attachment]

Comrade Pamalinsky - your words are too kind!

A congratulatory email poured in with an attached image!

[attachment=1]robert-mugabe1.jpg[/attachment]

A trophy from Comrade Pookie is indeed a thing to marvel at, but would not a shipment of sturdy spoons for digging potatoes in gulag have been more useful and appropriate??

And Comrade Putout, you honor me deeply by seating me to the left of The One...

Seriously, congratulations to all of you who put so much work into these pieces. This site has been the tip of the spear and the razor's edge of the sword of political satire for years, and I'm very pleased to see you all getting the recognition you deserve.

Well done, and carry on...

Comrade Putout wrote:thank-you.jpg
Comradette Putout,

Your selfless efforts to capture for the masses of now and forever that hystoric moment could be done by nobody else but everybody, so proletarian is the output. This is the most equal depiction of truth I have seen in recent years!

I do regret that I was unable to attend the elevation to Supreme Soviet of Chairman Obama, but I was busy testing the people's adult beverage, playing the people's Angry Harpies, smoking the people's bong, and other progressive activities in the cause of promoting social justice by putting last my personal desires to be at one (or as close as is legally allowed) with The Won in service to the Party.

Actually, dearest Comrade Putout, what Comrade Tovarich means, if I may translate, is that he was in Oman. A euphemism for what he actually said about drinking, et. al. Get it?

We sisters have to stay together!

[quote="Pamalinsky"]We sisters have to stay together![/quote]

It is our lot!

[attachment=0]twins.jpg[/attachment]

I am indeed wishing I was equal to Comrade Comrade_Tovarich Tovarichi in that the Sultanate of Oman is an amazing place, and if I could have been anywhere else but Amerikka on the historic day of Dear Leader's second Coronation, Oman would be at the top of a very short list of places to be. I hope travels went well.

Some countries are just made to be run by a Sultan, others are just not so.

The travels did, indeed, go well, my dear Tovi. He stayed with former college friends. My perception is that there is no "where" to go after the Progressive deed is done. Still, I will never give up. Never!

We all have, in some ways, gone through things from which we never thought we would recover. And we did. I know I have. Still, I am a bit daunted at times. I will never give up!

Don't want no damn Sultan telling me what to do, say or think. That's just me. (And, I think, many others.)

Edited to include the coveted OFF button:
Great Stalin's Ghost! Did I forget the OFF button? OOOOOPSKIES!
Here ya go! Image

Pamalinsky wrote:Don't want no damn Sultan telling me what to do, say or think. That's just me. (And, I think, many others.)
Image "Excuse me? Did I just hear something?"

Dearest Comrades,

As usual, I find myself confused. I must swim carefully in this particular sea, as it has often been a minefield of potential denouncement and shaming in the past... but isn't competition looked down upon? I suspect that Comrade Kommissar Maksim only accepted 2nd place instead of 1st to lessen the stress of having been insinuated into any competition to begin with (we all know and appreciated how extremely talented but equal he is, and what wonderful contributions he has made to our home). The Hero Dog Laika, Friend of People award is unquestionably korrekt, as there is nothing wrong with friends, and certainly, Pinkie's Beet of the Week can never go wrong, as a beet never goes to waste, particularly when one is starving (although I don't think dolphins can actually digest beets). But as usual, the entire competition issue is confounding to me, and I would appreciate some guidance.

Also,
Reiuxcat wrote:Thumbs up Comrade Maksim!
I believe neither cats, nor dogs, have thumbs. Perhaps you meant dew claws? If not, please stop anthropomorphizing. It's difficult enough to explain a typing dolphin.

In any case, I find myself in my usual confused state. I constantly find comfort in the fact that any untoward exhibitions of higher intellectualism on my part are generally made up for by my more common state of extreme confusion (often accompanied by bouts of aphasia and the occasional seizure). It is one of the reasons I 'hang out' with you guys. I find comfort in the gentle guidance of our Glorious Incarnadine Trapezoid; The Peoples Direktor, Comrade Otis, Hero Dog Laika - Friend of People (and dolphins), Kommisarka Pinkie, Papa Theo, Comrade Tovarich, Pamalinsky, and so many others, without whom I would be completely confounded by the human world. The peace, acceptance and purpose the pod has found in the accepting womb of The Cube has always been a great comfort to me and my cohorts, but I have always been confounded by the whole competition issue. When it is acceptable, and when it is not? I would greatly appreciate some guidance in this particular instance.

Respectfully,
Sis

p.s. Apparently I was korrekt! Dolphins, indeed, cannot digest beets!. Aki has informed me that Pinkie once kindly offered him one and that after trying a small piece of it, and in spite of finding it exceptionally tasty, he got a terrible tummy ache from it, and returned the rest to Pinkie so it would not go to waste. It is why I am always dropping hints about herring.

Dearest SMO,

You show me more about life in half a sentence than I can show in my lifetime! I find comfort in The People's Cube, as well, and am re-thinking my posts, some of them being quite shallow and silly, even though I am not.

I don't want to diss my fellow Cubists (an art form). Some are good, and I can't wait to see the replies. Others, where I am not certain of their content (usually containing a video), I dread the responses. Very stressful. Always kind responses, though.

This is just some of the insight you have given me.

As I told you, SMO, you're a girl on fire!

dolphins.jpg
Comrade Sister of Gargantuan Soporifics, it is a delight to see you! In a manner of speaking. The "see" part, not the "delight" part.

At any rate, in my travels I recently happened upon this frolicking partial pod of members of your species, and I couldn't help noticing the delightful tattoos they were sporting! Frankly, I had previously been unaware of tattoos being "in" with the dolphin crowd, but I must say that this particular tattoo didn't really surprise me.

So, Comrade Sister - are these dolphins, in fact, part of YOUR pod? Or simply three of millions of politically aware dolphins?

Dear ROCK and SMO,

Here are some things I was moved to find because of your posts.

Dolphins Protect Diver from Hammerhead Shark

"The Dolphin's Cry"

The way you're bathed in light
reminds me of that night
god laid me down into your rose garden of trust
and I was swept away
with nothin' left to say
some helpless fool
yeah I was lost in a swoon of peace
you're all I need to find
so when the time is right
come to me sweetly, come to me
come to me

love will lead us, alright
love will lead us, she will lead us
can you hear the dolphin's cry?
see the road rise up to meet us
it's in the air we breathe tonight

oh yeah, we meet again
it's like we never left
time in between was just a dream
did we leave this place?
this crazy fog surrounds me
you wrap your legs around me
all I can do to try and breathe
let me breathe so that I
so we can go together!

love will lead us, alright
can you hear the dolphin's cry?
see the road rise up to meet us
it's in the air we breathe tonight

life is like a shooting star
it don't matter who you are
if you only run for cover, it's just a waste of time
we are lost 'til we are found
this phoenix rises up from the ground
and all these wars are over

over
over
singin' la da da, da da da
over
come to me
singin' la da da da, da da da
come to me

And then there is Skylark:
What a beautiful arrangement, especially the beginning, as well as the song.