When Progs Eat Their Own

Comrades, for those who missed it last night on Twitter, a previously unknown person by the name of Justine Sacco sent a tweet she meant as a joke right before boarding a plane for Africa:

tweet.jpg
Twitter went into a feeding frenzy, and even as I type this the hashtag #HasJustineLandedYet is still at #1. What makes it fun is that Justine Sacco is NOT the right-wing teabagger Republican that the Twitter PC Police assumed she is - she's a fellow lefty. Who'd have thought?

SooperMexican, as is his wont, summed it all up delightfully well with this article about the ongoing debacle on Independent Journal Review :)

Comrades, it really is that most glorious time of the year!

Mmmmmmmmmmm, fresh prog! YUMMERZ!!

LOLz - and OOOPS! She's just been fired.

"Um, I'll have an order of Fried Prog with a side of What Goes Around Comes Around, please!"

What's even more ironic is an earlier tweet the enraged Justine sent to incite gays "to make sure Kirk Cameron never works again."

Even this agnostic squirrel finds real justice in the quote:

"Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small. Though with patience He stands waiting, with exactness grinds He all."

Capture 2251.JPG

Finally we found the right crazy Aunt, right after our crazy Uncle got paid with his own coin. Such is the glorious fate of a prog - after years of hardworking to eliminate class enemies, you yourself becomes one and know exactly what to expect, which is infinitely superior to what happened to their victims who were crushed without knowing what had hit them. This has been replicated numerous times in USSR and USSC, and it is only expected that we see it in USSE and USSA. Praise be to Comrades Stalin and Mao who predicted that their hopes were always in the West.

Captain Craptek wrote:What's even more ironic is an earlier tweet the enraged Justine sent to incite gays "to make sure Kirk Cameron never works again."
Indeed Captain, perhaps she and Kirk can exchange resume ideas. But then her tweet to incite the "gays" exposed her as not a true believer, since all of us in oppressed classes must support the causes of all other oppressed classes in our collective fight against the oppression of ... whatever it is that is oppressing us. Bush is a good start. We can figure out the rest later.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
The firing of those who used to call for firing others reminds me of the trainwreck metaphor from Atlas Shrugged: people dying as a result of the system they themselves created, and taking others along with them.

The Buckley crowd at the National Review never understood that metaphor and condemned Ayn Rand for gloating over someone's death - when she merely described the logical consequences of a culture that the victims supported. The message is still relevant - that culture is deadly and those who oppose it stand on the side of life.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_On.gif[/img]
Let the purges and show trials begin! Nothing improves the health and morale of the Party as a good purge!

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:Obviously not Party-approved humor.

It's not fair that I should be "collared" in this manner! It's just not fair!

I mean, I don't lick my wounds ever! I always blame it on others! So, I ask you, "What is the problem? or What difference does it make?"

Comrade ROCK,

I didn't want to start a thread with this (and thought this the best thread to post it) and really wanted to let people hear if they are so inclined. I really enjoyed it to the extent I literally went a bit teary eyed. I hope it doesn't kill the thread. Had Miss Sacco found this, took 5 minutes, (maybe) she would have kept her sarcastic humor to herself.

Prog is off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 6f0E2Pueg0

Comrade Walrus, you are welcome to kill any thread of mine with beauty like that any time you wish :)

Let me answer it with this - not really a Christmas song, per se, but for any who haven't heard Chris's version I'll just say you're in for a treat:

Chris Tomlin's "Amazing Grace" just graced my YTDownloader. Thanks ROCK!

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Dearest R.O.C.K. and Darling Walrus,

Whoa! That really got to me! Sweet!

Way back when, I had an experience where I, in utmost earnestness, asked to speak with my Father. I had put it off for so long because I did not feel worthy and I was afraid he wouldn't show up. I started the inquiry by writing a letter.

I was going through a crisis in my life and could not find a solution. I, a very independent sort, felt I must come up with the solution for everything. I could not. At the time I was a bit tipsy and very depressed.

I started my letter by apologizing for my condition and before I could continue I was interrupted by an infusion of love so deep you cannot see the end of it. Instantly, my residence was filled with the light of clarity. I was no longer tipsy or depressed. It's as if God was saying, "I'll take over now. Leave it up to me."

Just for good measure, and to assuage my doubt this was actually happening, I was moved to realize my dream to improvise, like jazz musicians I admired, what with being a trained opera singer and all. I improvised on the words, "There's a light inside, there's a light outside" for at least half an hour.

I loved the fact that I was no longer self-conscious about doing this. I was free! It mattered not that I would make money doing this. I knew I wouldn't.

I wanted to run out and tell people what a wonderful thing I had experienced, only to realize, no one would believe me.

That was my Holy Night. Thanks for posting!

It is a good thing to see that Internal Compliance at the Secretariat of Current Truth is keeping the lights on ahead of Marxmas holidays. As everyone, they have to make their monthly quota, so that the Party remains vigilant against external and internal enemies.

During the Marxmas seasons, when comrades are consuming more, shall we, alcoholic beverages, we should remain vigilant in documenting their statements, and running them by the Internal Compliance.

Signed.