Why we should mourn, not celebrate Independence Day

American_Revolution_Star_Wars.jpg
The big thinkers over at Vox have it all figured out, and got up on a soapbox to pontificate why the revolution was bad and how much better this country would be if England had stayed in charge.

3 reasons the American Revolution was a mistake

We should mourn Independence from Britain. We should celebrate Independence from KKKapitalism. Just thought I'd clear everything up for anybody who's like the People's Social Media Reactionary Force in that they only read the headlines and comments but never the articles.

<prog off>

Well, Stierlitz, I do read the articles and, I still mourn our Independence from Britain.

Having a vey bad day today. I would bust out crying if some wonderful candidate would sound the clarion call for our freedom.

Invertebrates in the Republican party do not count!

In fact, they suck, just like invertebrate suckers in nature.

No wonder they want to invalidate nature!

Need I say it? They SUCK!

Indeed we should mourn Independence Day...

...Politically Correct halfwits like these miscreants killed it.

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of both scoundrels and patriots. For too long we have sacrificed our best and protected our worst.

Today, on this holy day, fly the flag and aggrieve the scoundrels.

PineTreeFlag.gif

Amen, Comrade Lev!

I have experienced things in my life that tell me this is true! (No one would believe me, except for a very few, however, and I suppose this to be expected, but, nonetheless, it happened.)

I appealed to heaven, and heaven delivered!

People asked me questions like, "Did someone else see what you saw?" I said, "No." After that, they assumed I was delusional. It only happened once. That's all it took for me. It's not like I was doing a wash and repeat thing here. It was more wonderful than anyone could imagine. The love shown to me was the real love we all dream about.

I was somewhat dismayed to realize that most won't believe me. They just won't.

I truly don't give a fig what people think about me, except those I love.

Thing is, I do love everybody! Whattamy gonna do now? (rhetorical question)

After reading the article, I'm sure we can all agree that,
"Efficient passage of legislation has huge humanitarian consequences. It makes measures of planetary importance, like carbon taxes, easier to get through;
We need one of those governments that can dictate legislation to the people for the good of the people, whether or not the people know what's good for them. I forget what we call that, but it is efficient. And there's no way that it could collapse into a dictatorship.

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:After reading the article, I'm sure we can all agree that,
"Efficient passage of legislation has huge humanitarian consequences. It makes measures of planetary importance, like carbon taxes, easier to get through;
We need one of those governments that can dictate legislation to the people for the good of the people, whether or not the people know what's good for them. [highlight=#FFFF00]I forget what we call that[/highlight], but it is efficient. And there's no way that it could collapse into a dictatorship.

Thanks for reading that stuff for me, Comrade. You've saved me precious nut gathering/day dreaming time I'll be putting to good use as soon as I wake up from my next scheduled nap.

[highlight=#FFFF00]BTW: We call it Paradise, Utopia, or Next Tuesday™[/highlight] depending on what's expedient at the moment. The herd needs constant tending. Besides, what's the point of having a government that can't monitor and control everything you say, do, and think? Huh? Answer me that!