Will CA wildfires be this generations China Syndrome?

The thriller The China Syndrome, released on March 16, 1979 refers to the concept that if an American nuclear plant melts down, it will melt through the Earth until it reaches China. Twelve days after the films release, March 28, 1979, the accident at Three Mile Island occurred. The nuclear industry, already foundering as a result of economic, regulatory and public pressures, halted plans for further expansion.

Perhaps with the release earlier this year of An Inconvienient Truth, and the current wildfires in California, the Global Warming concept will reach critical mass much the same as the Anti-Nukes movement of 1979-80. If we are blessed with a situation of a large scale Firestorm, we can "fan the flames", so to speak, by inferring that Global Warming has lead to this terrible disaster.

-Mikhail

A "Fire Free Zone" must be created around Kalifornia. We cant have our dear celebs suffering!! The evil Bush has gone to far this time!! Attacking celebs with fire,

Nick Nolte...Nick Nolte...Nick Nolte must be saved!!!!
Send Travolta's Air Force
Send Sean Penns Navy

I still say it is our glorious Earth Mom Hilbo showing Algore what real Global warming and California dreaming is all about...... Bwwwaaaahhhhaaaahhaaaa!

The fire wouldn't have started if the AmeriKKKans were not in Iraq! Senator Boxer agrees! Before Iraq, there were never any wildfires, hurricanes, tornados, or falling bridges. To borrow a line from a progressive sign I have seen at recent protests: SUPPORT THE FIREFIGHTERS- END THE FIRE!!!!!

I have already heard about plans to spray the atmosphere with chemicals to re-build the ozone layer, and undue the “damage” we did that caused global warming.

Premier Betty wrote:I have already heard about plans to spray the atmosphere with chemicals to re-build the ozone layer, and undue the “damage” we did that caused global warming.

[karakter off]

Oh, God.

[karakter on]

Brilliant!

-Mikhail

I believe that it is time we just admit that the war against the fire is a quagmire and will be lost. We should honorably redploy all firefighters from California to Nova Scotia. That way, they still be close enough to respond if uh, something happens.

We should also resolve to blame the one and only person ultimately responsible for this.... Bush!

p.s. I think Bush snuck on to the farm last night during the windstorm and knocked over the windmill, too.

Mikhail T. Kalashnikov wrote:Once again, Life Imitates the Cube...

CNN Memo

-Mikhail

There are times that reality is stranger and funnier that any fiction. This is almost as good as last week's McClatchy News story about the out of work Iraqi grave diggers.