World Countries on US Map: To Each According to Their GDP

[img]/images/MAP_US_GDP_world_countries.png[/img]

To rename US States for countries according their GDPs is the idea whose time has come!

This blog gives the background and the breakdown. Their map, however, was somewhat unappealing, so we decided to make some improvements and add color.

The map is also understandably inaccurate, as it doesn't account for the population size, the number of oppressed minority groups, diversity standards, global warming quotas, union representation, and compliance with other progressive standards, such as centralized planning, etc.

Notice that, according to its GDP, all of the gigantic Mother Russia with all its vast space and natural resources fits into the state of New Jersey. That is most unfair. The map also unforgivably omits the powerful Washington, D.C., whose industrial output equals those of North Korea and Zimbabwe combined!

And yet this map clearly shows that, regardless of all the enlightened efforts to promote fairness, the US economy still offers more loot than the rest of the progressive world taken together. That means only one thing: redouble our efforts, comrades!

Next step: make all GDPs equal. Today, the US. Tomorrow, the world!

The map concept redistributed from Strange Maps with ushanka tip to Jonah Goldberg

Hello from Turkey, the land of Applets and Cotlets.
We are sorry about Red Square's disappointment. Our attempts to redistribute wealth has caught some capitalist snares. We will attempt to change the income level at $15 for our capital, Seattle, and will further encroach on the rich.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
Yes, sadly there are people who think increasing the minimum wage in Seattle to $15 is a great idea. They don't understand this will hurt people who want to start small businesses or start work as a teen. The idea will push people to do work with no pay to get the experience they need or force businesses to cut jobs in Seattle.
[img]/images/clipart/Prog_On.gif[/img]
Any suggestions for the cause will help.

There are always two ways of looking at success. One is to say, "Wow, if I work hard and apply my God-given talent, I could succeed, too!" But don't say that; it's a thought crime.
The proper response is to say, "THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! Bring it down! But only after you've given me what I want out of it." That's the liberal way, the way of all those who got picked last in the recess kickball games and hated achievers ever since.

Comrad Hammer and Loupe

I think that it's high time the glorious leaders of Seattle should insist on a maximum wage. This would guarantee that every man, woman, transgendered, gay or even alien life form would no longer have any disparity of incomes. Once and for all a McDonalds hamburger fryer would make the same as a nuclear scientist which would finally close the income gap loophole. America could finally live in peace and harmony, providing your name is on the appropriate political list.

Thanks comrad trashmouth,
We will seek further for the cause of maximum wage. Every one will be happy to not have a capitalistic disadvantage.
To celebrate for the passage, we will have a parade in honor of equality.

Talk about life imitating the Cube! Time Magazine made a very similar post about this at about the same time we did. They also seem to decry disparity and crave equality, only not as honestly as we did (in other words, theirs is not a satire).

In spite of this being posted in their Business & Money section, the author obviously understands more about the righteous indignation over America's disproportionate wealth than about business or money. And their map sucks.

America's Gargantuan Share of Global Wealth, in One Map

One million Rhode Islanders have as much wealth as 15 million Guatemalans. Texas has an economy the size of Australia's. And New York has met its match, Mexico.

The map from economist Mark J. Perry at the American Enterprise Institute puts America's $16 trillion GDP in perspective. “The map and these statistics help remind us of the enormity of the economic powerhouse we live in,” Perry writes, at least to the 4% of the world's population that lives there.

"Bones, he's Killing U.S.! We need your help!".."My God, Jim!
[highlight=#2e2e33]"I'm a doctor not an Cartographer!"[/highlight][highlight=#2e2e33]
[/highlight]
[highlight=#2e2e33]
[/highlight]
bones-mccoy-star-trek-bones-dead-demotivational-poster-1251197970.jpg

But why are 7 states missing from the map?

Captain Craptek wrote:But why are 7 states missing from the map?
Comrade Craptek, This implies that you counted up to fifty! Knavish Fiend! You have no right to that much intelligence! Your Mathematical prowess will be redistributed to the mindlessly toiling masses...EQUAL THOUGHTS FOR ALL MANK/squirrellKIND!

Texas has as much GDP as canada? When did gloriously progressive canada become poor and racist?

Thought Sheriff wrote:Texas has as much GDP as canada? When did gloriously progressive canada become poor and racist?
Hold onto your hat Comrade Thought Sheriff as gloriously progressive Canada is engaged in a diabolical plot to export it's eco-terrorist tar sands petroleum poison and slide ever more into poverty and inequality despair at the hands of evil greedy tax subsidized giant capitalist energy corporations and their overcompensated bloated CEO's.

We are at war with canada. We were always at war with canada!

Hammer and Loupe wrote:[img]/images/clipart/Prog_On.gif[/img]
Any suggestions for the cause will help.

Shop on the Eastside.

Hammer and Loupe wrote:Thanks comrad trashmouth,
We will seek further for the cause of maximum wage. Every one will be happy to not have a capitalistic disadvantage.
To celebrate for the passage, we will have a parade in honor of equality.

Recovery Summer 2.png
Hopefully comrades, this new parade will be as joyous as the one we had last year ![/color][/b]

Glory to the Worker's Party !