Obama: He's Got it!

To celebrate the next phase of the Obamunist Revolution, we submit this anthem for His Obamaness (formerly known as Venus by the Shocking Blue).

The Goddess on the Mountain Top
She's thinkin' she could beat the Man
Got toppled by a thousand fools
all chanting "Yes We Can!"
Image Obama Buddha Messiah by Commissar Maksim
He's got it!
Obama, he's got it!
He's the savior-
He's on fire-
He's your Messiah!
He's the Savior-
He's on fire-
He's your Messiah!

And now we face the GOP
And a new arch-criminal, McCain
Barack will set all people free
but don't call him Hussein!

He's got it!
Obama, he's got it!
He's the savior-
He's on fire-
He's your Messiah!
He's the savior-
He's on fire-
He's your Messiah!

Hope-and-change-
and-change-and-hope,
Change-and-hope-
and-hope-and-change!

He's got it!
Obama, he's got it!
He's the savior-
He's on fire-
He's your Messiah!
He's the savior-
He's on fire-
He's your Messiah!

In case you Young Pioneers are wondering where this was stolen.....ummm....expropriated from for The Common Good™, it's from Shocking Blue, a Dutch group and the tune is "Venus".

And an excellent rendition at that. This Shocking Blue album happened to be one of my first rock and roll tapes, along with the Doors, CCR, McCartney, and Slade - a random combination determined for me by the quirks of the Soviet black market. Venus was a big hit in the USSR. Our guys who didn't know that the song meant but wanted to sing it, just went "Schizgara! Bebebe Schizgara!"

Now thanks to YouTube I can finally see them perform it! The wonders of kapitalist teknolodzhy!

On that album they also had Daemon Lover, Never Marry a Railroad Man, and other good songs.

I don't know... so... previous to my birth....

That's OK Betty. I only know of the song because Bananarama covered it in the mid-eighties (my mid-teen years).

Banana Krishna, Banana Rama, Banana Banana, Bananarama...

I think I just got enlightened.

Betinov: Praise Lenin for the preservation of your brain! All your other body parts were a waste.

For your continued brilliance and genius (which is far beyond borderline), I hereby award you with Pinkie's prestigious Beet of the Week Award!

You also get an extra large Beet of the Week baseball cap!

I am touched, Pinkie. Truly touched. Stop touching me.

Is this the Bananarama version or the Obamarama one? Either way, it's really given me my groove back!

Although I think Sarah Palin's really got it ( as per this T-shirt ).
<br>Image