PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: we were hacked but now all is well

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: The People's Cube was hacked but now it's been cleaned up and is all bright and shiny once again for the 4th of July. If you still experience problems, please report them here.

Red Square
People's Director

Red Square... the Men in Funny Pants have a suspect in custody.

Quick, appoint a special prosecutor and seven dwarves twelve lawyers to look into this Russian/Trumpian collusion!

We are still experiencing occasional problems in the aftermath. Most posted videos are not showing, but they are still there - we just need to find a way to open them up.

If only Trump hadn't pulled out of the Paris agreement. The global chaos has begun. Climate change affects everything!

It's going to start raining sulfur all over the world anytime now.

I knew it I knew it I KNEW IT!!! Thanks be to our Glorious People's Anti-Counter Revolutionary Double Reverse Hacker Disengagement and Disposal Bureau!! Now, life is good.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:I knew it I knew it I KNEW IT!!! Thanks be to our Glorious People's Anti-Counter Revolutionary Double Reverse Hacker Disengagement and Disposal Bureau!! Now, life is good.

Not only is life good, comrade Papa, it is doubleplusgood!

If you noticed problems with the Cube pages yesterday - missing images and occasional lack of structure - that was an unfortunate part of our migration to the new firewall and CDN, caused by the last month's hacking. It has since been corrected. There are a few small wrinkles still to be ironed out, but it's mostly fine now.

I have also removed the previous Captcha protection that didn't do much warding off spambots. Instead, I configured a Q&A dialogue instead, with some non-standard questions. It seems to be doing its job and I hope this settles the spambot issue for now. You can test it if you want by trying to register.

In related news, I spent all day yesterday going through our users and was able to delete thousands of spam registrations that had collected over the years.

As a result of our tireless efforts, we now see this in our security control panel:

SCRN_Cube_Clean_Status.jpg

If only we could 'delete' thoughtcriminals as easily as spambots…

ThePeoplesComrade wrote:Deep State Hacks People's Cube

deep state hack.jpg

That's a relief, I thought TPC had been hacked by the Russians.

Clara Illbustyourballs Zetkin wrote:That's a relief, I thought TPC had been hacked by the Russians.
I contacted CNN's cybersecurity analyst, who also happens to consult for the DNC, and he gave me his expert, Party-Approved™ opinion:

Alien Guy – Russians.jpg