Carney Wins Peoples Cube Award for Unwitting Self-Parody

James Carney and Claire Shipman and their children appearing in Washingtonian Magazine wins them the coveted Peoples Cube Award for Unwitting Self-Parody in the style of the Soviet Ministry of Culture:

The family of Dear Leader's Press-Corps Conductor, Jay Carney, Enables Washingtonian Magazine to show how Elite Party Members are "Just like the People" whose lives the Party Benevolently Governs. Carney's son exclaims, "It's a Peoples Cube Award." Claire Shipman's daughter asks, "What does 'Best Unwitting Self-Parody' mean?
~
Image The Carney/Shipman family practices the challenging Cube-Assembly game.

Jay Carney and Claire Shipman disappoint their kids by explaining they must return the coveted "Peoples Cube Award for Best Unwitting Self-Parody."

Claire Shipman takes well-deserved break at end of long day toiling in the Ministry of Information to Educate the Unwashed Masses.

I am shocked -- SHOCKED! -- Comrade KOOK, that you haven't noticed Comrade Red Square's artwork on the wall of Comrade Carney's kitchen.
Carney4.jpg
4C0131E3688A4F0F976B9FC1F1B3DE67.jpg

I don't understand what the big deal is, isn't the display of this artwork mandated for any overstocked breakfast corner? Or am I missing something?

After a little bit of browsing, I came across this interesting detail on Comrade Carney's shelf.

Could this mean what I think it means? Does he not know how to properly stack books?

Look at the food Carney is feeding those poor children!

No wonder they are so white!

My 'partner' and I feed our children only the best...

and by 'the best' I mean Beets and/or Beet Byproducts
!

If your diet is not almost entirely composed of Beets and/or Beet Byproducts
you are not treating your body like the temple it is!

Lil' Che' is only 11 and he has already denounced another child! Why... beets!!

My daughter is only 10 and she has a son of her own! Why... beets!!

(I was going to have someone Photoshop him into this image but I don't believe in that crap!)

Remember - 'You can't beat a beet!'

beet-n-beet-byproducts.jpg

If you look closely at the books you'll see that many of the books have been duplicated with Photoshop - and in some cases actually reversed (mirror images). Look for the red book called "Core".

This, of course, is because, while the Carneys own the ten or so important books, the masses won't understand that no one needs a high capacity bookshelf.

Also, if you look on the second shelf from the top on the right you can see a piece from Comrade Carney's finger collection.

Comrade Sovremennyy wrote:Also, if you look on the second shelf from the top on the right you can see a piece from Comrade Carney's finger collection.

It's actually Claire's signed first edition of "Collecting and Restoring Dildos" from the "Fun and Profit" series.

After hearing from the collective that some portions of the image were copied and mirrored, I've been coerced to decided to go in and fix it.

Much better now, don't you all agree?

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:I am shocked -- SHOCKED! -- Comrade KOOK, that you haven't noticed Comrade Red Square's artwork on the wall of Comrade Carney's kitchen.

Actually, I had noticed both posters but I didn't comment on them because it didn't shock me that they were there. Rather, they comprised self-evident elements of the unwitting sel-parody. My shock was that winners of the coveted "Peoples Cube Unwitting Self-Parody Award" would reject such honor. Indeed, the display of the posters comprised a vital part in the decision by the Peoples Cube Awards Committee to bestow this honor on Comrades Carney and Shipman.

But, perhaps you are right to chastise me for failing to point out their excellent taste in poster art. Strangely, however, those tastes seem to contrast rather with inappropriate and pricey capitalistic things described in the pictures (with prices included). But in those price lists, the most important thing was omitted: Price of Photographs Realistically Revealing Vainglorious But Unwitting Self-Parodic Posing for Photographs: Priceless.

--KOOK

[color=#C0392B]R.O.C.K. in the USSA[/color] was [color=#C0392B]R.I.G.H.T. in the USSA[/color] when he wrote:If you look closely at the books you'll see that many of the books have been duplicated with Photoshop - and in some cases actually reversed (mirror images).
You are correct, sir!!
These Photoshop people are sooooooo lazy!
I hate it when they just reverse an image, twist and scale it a little and puff out their chests like they are Picasso or something!
bad-1.jpg
Look how far you can stretch one bunch of beets or a stack of beet slices (reverse, squish, rotate, fade, blur and whirl)... just like our kollective! (And you know a squirrel can be added almost anywhere...)
bad-2.jpg
And don't get me started on this dog with an Obama logo! Allah help us all...
bad-3.jpg

A People's Question

1. What is up with liberals and pajamas? I assume these are state provided. No longer are actual clothes needed as the incentives to work have been destroyed.

30040-Carney4.jpg

Any guess as to what they are looking at?

kitchen-tv.jpg

or perhaps...

dog-2.jpg
Jacket, $498; blouse, $148; Mom-Pants, $ 12.50 (with Obama-Discount)...
Preparing snack for President Mom-Pants-on-Fire, PRICELESS!

Apparently I was out of town when the "Washingtonian" Website launched. What a shame. Someone should have pointed out this glorious site long ago - but I'll deal with them that later. In the meantime, I have a few questions:

Is "The First Grazer's" approval required before each issue is published?

Are the mountains of pastries in Carney's kitchen low fat?

Does the entire White House staff eat breakfast at Jay's?

Are we certain that the Washingtonian site isn't competing with TPC?

What are grilled pork moo yangskewers - and are they dangerous?

Surely Washingtonian Magazine must now lodge a copyright compaint against parodic photoshops of their photoshop-enhancement of their own images of the Elite Carney/Shipman Clan in Washingtonian Magazine's Wet Kiss to the Carney/Shipman clans:

See Photoshop Detectives at Mediate:

See Photoshop Detective RB Pundit:

See PhotoShop Detective Sean Davis:

--KOOK

It's difficult to tell if what we are seeing is Artfully ™ enhanced or merely a true reflection of the intellectual superiority of our cheif propogandists and his brood. I can't read the titles of the books. For all we can tell, he may have several copies of approved books, which certainly merits The Party's™ approval. There are so few books approved by The Party ™ that it makes sense, aesthetically and practically, to have several copies on display. Guests must be encouraged to have an appreciation for how dedicated to the Truth™ is the cheif propogandist and having a ready supply of approved literature would set an example to many as to how to evangelize The Cause ™. The Family™ is worthy of praise, Komrades.

I object! There is but one copy of boy's finger on shelves versus several copies of approved books. This is Disparate Impact™ of photoshopping, no doubt caused by widespread digitophobia. There must be a Federal Commission (eventually to be made into Cabinet-level Agency) to look into such digitophobic hate crimes. I selflessly volunteer to head up said Commission at usual commissar pay level. Our motto will be "We Give You The Finger."

I think you misunderstand, Komrade RedDiaperette. The title in question is obviously a recipe book: Healthy Eating for the Healthy Mind - fast, fun recipes for re-education vacations. It's a rare tome, indeed. It's a culinary treasure. I hope they appreciate the value of that book. If they don't, yet, they will , one day. That the finger on the spine of the book bares an uncanny resemblance to the finger of the junior propagandist is merely coincidental. Besides which, that boy has more Healthy™ eating in his pinkie than a whole field of beets!

I wonder if Comrade Carney also teaches his kids how to be a condescending a-hole.