The Little Cigarette Boy: New York's revised Christmas story

Little_Match_Girl.jpg
Microenterprises and microentrepreneurs are all the rage among progressive economists. Too bad progressives don't recognize them when they see them.

New York City's Eric Garner was a microentrepreneur. Like the Little Match Girl who died selling loose matches, Garner was trying to work his way out of poverty by selling loose cigarettes on the streets of the city. He could have called his microenterprise the Little Cigarette Boy.

And now, just like the girl from Hans Christian Andersen's story, the Little Cigarette Boy is dead because this microentrepreneur forgot to pay the progressive NYC government its microtax - picayune part of the money charged for each cigarette. (We can only wish they were as penny-picking while spending our tax dollars.)

According to Wikipedia, "internationally, most microenterprises are family businesses employing one or two persons. These microentrepreneurs operate microenterprises by choice. Most microenterprise owners are primarily interested in earning a living to support themselves and their families."

But if you try doing it in New York under the communist Mayor Bill de Blasio, you die.

The best part of micro-enterprise is that instead of petty bourgeoisie it creates micro-bourgeoisie. Voila!

The next step would be to promote nano-entreprise. That way the new micro-bourgeoisie becomes nano-bourgeoisie, fertilizing the new progressive nano-economy.

Micro-entrepreneurs at work. Forward to progress!

Primitive_Microenterprise.jpg

This reminds me so much of the scene in the movie "Ghostbusters" where the crew is trying to psych-out the true nature of the demon they are trying to bust.

In a pivotal scene, with a sample glob on the table, Bill Murray approaches this glob by saying, "Oooooh, Baaaby." And the glob vibrates in response.

My caption to this photo would be the same. Boehner to Obama: "Ooohhh Baaaby! Come and kiss me! MMWWAAA!

come kiss me.jpg
Don't torture me! I need your love! I'm beggin' you!