Putin critic Boris Nemtsov shot dead

Just an example of intimidation. Pay no attention. Nothing to see here.

(I did look up your link.) Nasty stuff going on there.

OMG! This is, just now, news on the Drudge Report!

I was kidding before, now, I'm not.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
I agree there it's pretty bad over there, here is a link to the RT version where you can see all the comments from the Russians defending their glorious country claiming it was the Americans.

https://rt.com/news/236363-nemtsov-kill ... an-moscow/

Hammer and Loupe wrote:What? This somehow got out?
Comrade Hammer, there is no need to fear as the investigation is being led non-other then Putin himself, whoever let this get out will be dealt with shortly by the KGB.

According to Russian sites, it was a professional job. About 7 shots fired from a car, he was hit 4 times, one of them in the head. He died at the scene.

Three hours before the murder, Boris Nemtsov gave a radio interview, calling Muscovites to join an anti-Putin rally on March 1st. It was also supposed to be an anti-war rally, protesting Russia's intrusion in Ukraine. He openly supported Ukraine and at the time of the murder he was walking with a young woman, who had just arrived from Ukraine.

Everyone is still guessing as to who or why did it, but the fingers mostly point at either Putin or Putin-sponsored "patriots" connected to the pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine.

He received many threats to his life in social media, and yet he often traveled alone and took long walks in Moscow without bodyguards.

Nemtsov was more than arrested by the police - here's just one episode.

nemtsov_arrested.jpg

The reporting is inaccurate. A comrade was cleaning his semi automatic pistol in the back seat of a car. He forgot to remove the magazine and there were four accidental and unintentional discharges of the weapon. No fault, no foul.
Besides, nobody saw anything.

General Confusion wrote:The reporting is inaccurate. A comrade was cleaning his semi automatic pistol in the back seat of a car. He forgot to remove the magazine and there were four accidental and unintentional discharges of the weapon. No fault, no foul.
Besides, nobody saw anything.
Which goes to show (or shows to go) that all citizens must be disarmed lest more of such accidents occur in the future.

These NEWS outlets hype anything that grabs attention. Something really important like Comrade Eric Holder's portrait being hung going on display today gets brushed aside for THIS?

Now in the good old USSA we use a pen and cell phone.

Hammer and Loupe wrote:What? This somehow got out?

Komrade, of course it got out. Getting the message sent was the reason he died.

RedDiaperette wrote:
Which goes to show (or shows to go) that all citizens must be disarmed lest more of such accidents occur in the future.

Right Komrade Red. We must be all disarmed to be safe.

But wait.... I see that in Mother Russia, a komrade must prove that he or she needs a gun before the kommissars will even konsider issuing a permit. If they are agreeable to issue the permit, the komrade must first go through "universal background checks" which konsider kriminal, mental, and medikal rekords. If the komrade checks out okay, then he or she must go through mandatory training before the permit is issued. Once the komrade is trained, he or she must register their gun. The kommissars must know what gun you purchased, where you keep it, and where it went if it should change hands. Koncealed and open karry of firearms in publik is prohibited. Hmmm. Sound just like the krown jewels of the party's gun kontrol agenda implementation in the Peoples Republik of Chikagostan.

So, I am konfused. With all of these laws to make everyone "safe" in Mother Russia, why did komrade Nemtsov get shot?

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
UPDATE:Here was the interview he gave before his death:

Boris Nemtsov: Final interview given by Putin critic just hours before his murder - in full

EDIT: Here is another link from Drudge to Yahoo which says he had plans to reveal ties to the crisis in Ukraine:

Nemtsov planned to reveal Russian links to Ukraine conflict: Poroshenko

No doubt, Comrade Obama has already called Putin and asked, "So... uh... well... Vlad, just how do you go about getting rid of your critics and getting away with it?"

That's Russia in one picture: beautiful and deadly. And so is its history and culture.

The body of assassinated Boris Nemtsov against St. Basil's Cathedral that stands right on Red Square, with the lit-up Kremlin behind it. Czar Vlad is watching...

nemtsov_cathedral.jpg

The Russian opposition started a hashtag on Twitter - #JeSuisBoris

Red Square wrote:That's Russia in one picture: beautiful and deadly. And so is its history and culture.

The body of assassinated Boris Nemtsov against St. Basil's Cathedral that stands right on Red Square, with the lit-up Kremlin behind it. Czar Vlad is watching...

nemtsov_cathedral.jpg

The Russian opposition started a hashtag on Twitter - #JeSuisBoris
So true, and poignant. I'm saving this.

According to new reports, at the time of the murder, Nemtsov was walking with his long-time girlfriend, Anna Duritskaya, a model from Kiev, Ukraine. According to people who knew him, he was a flamboyant batchelor. He was born in 1959, she in 1991.They met in 2011, fell in love, and continued the relationship seeing each other a few times a month, with her visiting him in Moscow, or him flying to Kiev. The two of them had just dined at a cafe inside the GUM on Red Square and were walking towards his home. He was shot 10 minutes after they left the cafe.

Anna_Duritska.jpg

UPDATE BASED ON READING THE RUSSIAN MEDIA:

Putin says he'll take the investigation under his personal control. In the meantime, his hand puppets on TV and other gov't media are promoting all kinds of red herring theories - a jealous lover, business partners, power struggle inside his own party, Ukrainian special services and Western intelligence agents like the CIA who needed a provocation to make Putin look bad, and even Islamic terrorists.

The only theory they are not mentioning is the one everybody is really thinking about - Papa Putin.

Especially that Nemtsov was about to release his report proving the Kremlin's direct involvement in the Ukrainian conflict.

Conspiracy nuts - all hands on deck!

The leader pf the Communist Party of Russia, Gennady Zyuganov, has declared that the assassination of Nemtsov is nothing like those of Kirov and Kennedy.

In other words, it's not the Communists who done it this time. Whew, I was getting worried. Take that, American imperialists.

Putin's henchmen are already blaming the CIA or Ukraine, calling it a deliberate provocation. As usual, with this projection, they're only revealing their own methods and the way of thinking.

Conspiracy theories are now spilling from Russia over to the US. Even the American Thinker posted this nutty veiled pro-Putin screed.

What if Putin didn't have Nemtsov killed?

Even if Putin didn't order the hit directly (which I doubt, but who knows - it could've been the pro-separatist Russian nationalists), he is responsible for the climate of hatred and violence which he created and which made it possible.

And if Putin is involved, rest assured the world will never know how it really happened.

[img]/images/Nemtsov_Putin_Murder_Moscow.jpg[/img]

We will never know for certain the forces working to shape our destiny, but I have my suspicions.