7 Stages of the Progressive Agenda

7_Stages_Progressive_Agenda.jpg
STAGE 1: Identify the issue.

Any Progressive can make an issue out of anything. That's the Power of the People! Just name it and blame Republicans. Many issues never go beyond Stage 1 because they are so readily and widely embraced by the masses. Examples include free cell phones, free gas, and free Obama money from his stash. Whatever the issue, throw it at the wall and don't worry if it doesn't stick—there are at least six more ways to make sure it does!

STAGE 2: Promote the issue.

Exhort media minions to give saturation coverage to the latest issue, to build consensus, create buzz and subsequently demand. People who never thought this was something they should have, and have happily lived without it for years, will start thinking this is something they should have and absolutely cannot live without—especially if they're persuaded that not having it is why they've never been as happy as they previously and mistakenly believed. Blame Republicans. If it still shows signs of sliding down the wall, then proceed to the next stage.

STAGE 3: Say it's a MORAL issue.

Remember back in the 80's, when evangelical Christofascism was infecting the country at fever pitch, and Progressives tried to combat it by saying you can't legislate morality? When that didn't work, we simply expropriated the word and changed the definition like we do with everything else. Now, morality refers to support of the Progressive agenda, and you'd better believe we're going to legislate it to the hilt! Whatever it is Progressives want to do, it is the MORAL thing to do. Ergo, to oppose it is simply...immoral.

And who among us wants to be immoral? Don't we all want to do the right thing? The correct thing? All we want to do is help people so they can live better lives—what's wrong with that? It's moral, isn't it? Somewhere down the line, there are supposed to be grand and glorious rewards for being moral, for without them, who would bother?

To say it's a moral issue is like giving the masses a mild laxative—sometimes all people need is just a gentle little push, something to soften them and ease the passage. At this point, we usually get government funding, and maybe a czar to oversee it. The media continues to do its part to promote it, while celebrities begin sporting the appropriately colored awareness ribbons.

Yet there will still be those who are either too confused or ignorant to see the light. That, or they're simply...immoral. Or amoral. Either way, they're so not moral that they're perfectly happy to see that issue slide down the wall till it plops on the ground. Blame Republicans. But that's when we must implement the next stage.

STAGE 4: Declare the issue a CRISIS!

Sometimes Progressives will skip over the first three stages to Stage 4, in which case, this is where it really starts. You don't get anything through Congress or the courts simply by saying it's "nice to have." No. It is a CRISIS! Lives are in danger! Planet is in peril! Time is running out! We must start taking steps to begin taking action NOW!

A crisis receives even more funding, and the establishment of a government agency to impose regulations that will eventually bring it under control—but only as long as funding continues and keeps pace with inflation.

The media will continue beating their drums. In addition to the awareness ribbons, celebrities make speeches about it at awards shows, and start incorporating it into the plot lines of their movies and "Very Special Episodes" of TV shows, etc. The masses must be made aware of the CRISIS!

But there will still be scoffers. Skeptics. Deniers. Those who say there is no crisis. Those who say that no matter what the crisis, it's always been here and hasn't hurt anyone or anything. Those who say it's just another wealth redistribution scheme. Those, especially at the corporate level in the private sector, who spend millions, billions, and gazillions to convince the masses that there is no crisis, all to protect the ill-gotten profits they stole from those same masses! Why, they'll say that it isn't even an issue, let alone a crisis! Blame Republicans. People dependent on being told what to think will be tricked into believing these lies instead of the current truth.

That's what we Progressives call "a messaging problem." Therefore, we must double down and move to the next stage.

STAGE 5: Call it a HEALTH issue!

All we want to do is help people. All we want to do is help them make better decisions, the right choices, so they can live healthy, happy, productive lives without fear of death, disease, or destruction. How can anyone with an ounce of compassion be against that?

But sometimes it's not enough to say lives are in danger, or the planet is in peril. Sometimes we have to be more specific, because some people, dagnabbit, just aren't satisfied with vague generalities. This is why "individualism" is such a bad idea—it encourages people to dwell on the nitpicky details of how an issue, even when it's been elevated to the level of crisis, will personally affect them and their selfish little private world.

So let's make it personal! Bring on the testimonies! Call on those who will share their heartbreaking stories of how their health, and by extension their lives, have been ruined because of the crisis! Blame Republicans. Poverty, income inequality, climate change...all of these things have an adverse impact on a person's health and well being.

Show pictures of suffering children. Crumbling glaciers. Rising floodwaters. Drowning polar bears. Smokestacks belching out billows of black smoke. Oil-soaked baby animals with huge, sad brown eyes. Tearful Native Americans standing at the side of the road with heaps of garbage at their feet. Don't just tug on those heartstrings—yank 'em taut and play 'em like a Strad!

Then show the masses what it all leads to: Starvation! Disease! Non-breathable air! Undrinkable water! Carcasses! Stink! Gross! Death! Destruction! Doom!

Only one thing will solve these problems and reverse the inevitable before it's too late—more government funding! Yet there will still be those who don't care. Who just want others to die quickly. Who don't want to spend the mere few pennies a day per person it would cost to eliminate these horrors forever and ever and ever.

That's when we roll out the next stage.

STAGE 6: Enshrine it as a CIVIL RIGHTS issue!

Nothing shuts down dissent like calling it a civil rights issue, because anyone who opposes anything to do with civil rights can be labeled a bigot, a hater, or any kind of phobe. Civil rights always trump all other rights, and this allows us to shame the haters and bigots and make them feel like the outcasts they are, on the extreme fringe, the wrong side of history!

Once an issue is consecrated as a matter of civil rights, the masses will hold marches and rallies across the country to demand it. There may be riots and vandalism, and many innocents will be hurt or jailed, or even killed. Blame Republicans.

The issue will finally go before the people for a vote—and if it doesn't pass, no problem! The courts will overturn it because it is a civil right! And the people will keep marching and rallying and blaming Republicans until that happens!

Nothing is more sacred than a civil right...except, perhaps, the government that keeps it sanctified through continued funding and special protections and privileges for anyone the civil right touches.

In the meantime, there will still be bigots and haters who are just too shameless to be shamed. Haters gotta hate. There will still be those who insist that religious rights and so-called inalienable rights endowed by some mythical being should matter. And there will still be enough of them to block the march of progress, and with it the necessary funding, without which all will be lost if we don't make the decision to do something to take the needed steps to start action now, before it's too late!

Which brings us to the next stage...

STAGE 7: Dammit! Can't you people see the crisis is not just a moral issue or a health issue or a question of civil rights? It's a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY!

To not treat it as a matter of National Security is, as President Obama recently told graduates of the Coast Guard Academy, a "dereliction of duty." Members of the military can be court-martialed for it. Under conditions of war, they may be executed for it.

When something is declared a matter of National Security, anyone who does not treat it as such is willfully endangering millions of lives and the future of the entire planet. They are seditious. They are enemies of the State. They are guilty of treason and crimes against humanity. Therefore, they must forfeit all. We kept warning them millions would die, didn't we?

Throw them against the wall. Don't worry if they don't stick. This time, we want them to drop to the ground.

And don't forget to blame Republicans.

Commissarka Pinkie - this post is a real agenda-bender! I will see you on the Mother Page tomorrow, as I'm currently in Stage 8 and I'm hoping that by tomorrow the swelling will go away.

Commissarka Pinkie,

Whoa! All I can say is "Ditto." You express so much of what I feel that I sometimes feel "paralyzed" in my response. I want to but, can't. There is nothing left to say, my dear Pinkie.

You have, however, given me an idea on how to proceed with an idea of my own: Just post it on the Cube. Never thought of that. Red knows of what I speak and, he suggested I post it on The Daily Caller. He will appreciate this communication to you.

Pamalinsky wrote:Commissarka Pinkie,

Whoa! All I can say is "Ditto." You express so much of what I feel that I sometimes feel "paralyzed" in my response. I want to but, can't. There is nothing left to say, my dear Pinkie.

You have, however, given me an idea on how to proceed with an idea of my own: Just post it on the Cube. Never thought of that. Red knows of what I speak and, he suggested I post it on The Daily Caller. He will appreciate this communication to you.

Amen Comrade P. Alinsky. Our esteemed Commisarka has said it all. I will transmit to Vladimir.
Commisarka Pinkie, I was reminded of you by this painting that I happened to stumble upon:

Commisarka Pinkie.jpg

I am certain that one of our more skilled comrades can use this likeness in a glorious way that is befitting to a woman Mammo-Jamma of your stature and eminence.

Pammie, grab some popcorn flavored beet shavings and pull up a seat, (at a safe distance) the Commisarka is about to give the punk a lesson... This will splatter and make a "lasting impression" he won't forget!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Pammie, grab some popcorn flavored beet shavings and pull up a seat, (at a safe distance) the Commisarka is about to give the punk a lesson... This will splatter and make a "lasting impression" he won't forget!
What is the matter with Comrade Punk? Is he mad? Eh, eh, I do think he is. We gone have us some fun comin real soon. Eh, eh. So, Comrade Punk, Que pasa, Mofo Gringo? Que pasa stupido morón? Huh? Just so you know, I have turned my beet shavings into liquid blood splashing, just for fun. And, if Pinkie needs a couple of pints, they're hers! (however unlikely) You're on your own. Buena Fortuna!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Pammie, grab some popcorn flavored beet shavings and pull up a seat, (at a safe distance) the Commisarka is about to give the punk a lesson... This will splatter and make a "lasting impression" he won't forget!
It was only a matter of time, wasn't it Comrade? Was it something I said? If you're thinking that Mammo-Jamma is a derogatory term, I blame Republicans... well one Republican in particular. In fact it was while I was listening in on enemy transmissions that I intercepted a signal from the titular head of the counter-revolutionary movement himself, Rush Limbaugh:

RUSH: "Nobody that's gonna vote for [Hillary] can tell you why. It's just that she's Hillary and there's a (D) by her name, and it is assumed she's smart, and it's assumed she's got great policies, and it's assumed she knows how to get stuff done. Halperin then says, "What is the single thing that you like most about Hillary?"

WOMAN: She's a bad mama jama. She's a strong, confident woman. She knows what she's doing. She's not afraid to step up. She's not afraid to take advice, and she's not afraid to say, "No, I'm not gonna do it that way. I'm gonna do it this way."

RUSH: Totally, totally... I mean, woman is as clueless as a newborn baby that hasn't even learned the language yet. The woman doesn't know what she's talking about. This is classic. The woman is hornswoggled. She's got this question: "Okay, what's the single thing you like most about Hillary?" In this woman's answer, she's simply attached to Hillary the characteristics in people she thinks are admirable. "She's a bad mama jama."

So, as you can clearly see comrades, I am innocent of all wrongdoing. I was working for the sake of The Party when I learned this new-fangled phrase 'Mama Jama'. It appeared to me to be a term of endearment that fit Commissarka Pinkie to a tee. I plead with you comrades, this is all just a big misunderstanding. It was supposed to be a sign of reverence, comparing the Commissarka to our MTE, Her Royal Highness.

HEIL HILLARY!

Aw, Jeez, Ivan, I was expecting some serious Mama Jama action here and, so far, it's just more whining apologies, etc. etc., including pathetic excuses for not understanding something and calling it "misspeaking." Bleh!

What IS it with these guys about apologies? I don't get it. Is they stoopid or somethin?

Gotta go take a nap. ZZZZZZZZ

Pamalinsky wrote:
What is the matter with Comrade Punk? Is he mad? Eh, eh, I do think he is. We gone have us some fun comin real soon. Eh, eh. So, Comrade Punk, Que pasa, Mofo Gringo? Que pasa stupido morón? Huh? Just so you know, I have turned my beet shavings into liquid blood splashing, just for fun. And, if Pinkie needs a couple of pints, they're hers! (however unlikely) You're on your own. Buena Fortuna!
You both seem to take a morbid pleasure in my gory demise. This must be how it felt to be a melon on the chopping block of Gallagher, while paying onlookers snooted and snorted at the gawdy scene of fruit annhilation. As my final act of contrition, I offer you both my Party Approved Peasant Pancho to shield yourselves from flying grey matter, propelled by the ferocity of my executioner.

Comrade Ivan, promise me you will care for my 'beetlings' in the People's Greenhouse (you know, the 'special beetlings' I kept hidden among the regular beetlings). Pam, I will have the boys in the Tractor Barn retrieve your rug from my dacha, the one I borrowed last winter. I apologize for the stain, Ivan can fill you in if you have any questions about it.

Pinkie and the Punk.jpg
Enjoy the show comrades. I will now retire to the liquor locker where I have been known to keep pain-killing vintage stocks leftover from my years of toiling as a taste tester at The People's Beet Vodka Distillery. If I have anything to say about it, I won't be able to feel a thing by the time Pinkie arrives.

HEIL HILLARY!

Comrade Pamalinsky, article is good. However, I think that it is somewhat missing the target. By missing the target, I of course mean facing away from the target in a 90 KPH crosswind right after a gallon or two of vodka.

What we must really be thinking of is creating these issues you speak of into personal issues. I mean, the article's great and all, and I'm sure that the techniques are great for those becoming washed to practice with, but it is ultimately inadequate for fiery, swift revolution. We are calling the issues names, and we are acting according to those names, but we are NOT experiencing them as our own struggles with this system. But, here's the kicker: they ARE our own struggles. Due to the inherent nature of struggle all struggle is ours, don't you see? It is like a frying pan; only the single vegetable gets cooked, but the entire pan gets hot. Those that speak out are vegetables, but all comrades are the frying pan!

And when these issues become personal issues, you are suddenly ignited with true revolutionary passion. You rage, you fight, you uphold the State even if it puts you to death! This may sound like you already, I know some comrades that match this description, but it is totally different. You think all of those thoughts without this fire, but WITH this fire they become an instinct. They become revolutionary instinct. Those that have revolutionary instinct not only become Komissars and get ahead in lines for bread, but they also can wield the almighty sword of Communism on the front line of battle! They can move mountains, make something out of nothing, they can even do the impossible. They can kill KKKapitalists simply by thinking about them. They are truly revolutionary.

A living example of this truly revolutionary instinct is Comrade Red Square. He founded his own Party Organ, made it available to all Comrades, and Party Truths spill out onto the unwashed masses from it every single day. He reawakened his Communist instinct that he lost when he came to the USA, beaten out of him by AmeriKKKa to oppress us all, and now he wants to make it the USSA. He has inspired many to join his cause, like Comrade Lenin in the Bolshevik struggle for Communist freedom and liberty. We are the new Bolsheviks, my Comrades, and our cause requires Bolshevik levels of will, of intellect, of drive, of passion. We must become Bolsheviks, otherwise we deny many of the glory of Communism.

This instinct is available to all, but it requires that ignition. That ignition is the radical transformation of every issue into a personal issue, and allowing yourself to be radically transformed as well.

Therefore, all we must do is turn every issue that the state hails into a personal issue, and the rest will follow suit.

HEIL HILLARY!!!

HEIL HILLARY!!!

HEIL HILLARY!!!

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:All we want to do is help people so they can live better lives—what's wrong with that?
chinese-firing-squad2.jpg

Comrade Punk, don't be so full of yourself. The Commisarka whacks New guys before breakfast just to start her day off right...we call that "morning" around here. You are as equal as the rest of us, but some have been hit more than others. Take your beatings, and get back to your beets, quotas don't care how you feel.

When Pinkie is around, look busy and don't make eye contact. Try to stay out of range at all times. You'll learn, or perish.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Comrade Punk, don't be so full of yourself.[highlight=#ffff00] The Commisarka whacks New guys[/highlight] before breakfast just to start her day off right...we call that "morning" around here. You are as equal as the rest of us, but some have been hit more than others. Take your beatings, and get back to your beets, [highlight=#ffffff][highlight=#00ff00][highlight=#ffffff]quotas don't care how you feel[/highlight][/highlight].[/highlight]

When Pinkie is around, look busy and don't make eye contact. Try to stay out of range at all times. You'll learn, or perish.
You are correct comrade Ivan, I must confess. When I said "my years of toiling as a taste tester at The People's Beet Vodka Distillery", I wasn't being entirely honest. The truth is that I am indeed a 'new guy' and my time as a taste tester was short-lived because of my propensity to make poor decisions after only a few hours of work each day. To put it bluntly, I am a lush and a lightweight.

So, I undertook the task of serving the Motherland by finding new uses for the heaps of beet by-product piled up behind the People's Distillery. That is how Comrade P. Alinsky's rug came to be stained, as I used it as a test-subject for a carpet-cleaning solution I developed from beet-extract. The solution did not work, but I did find it useful as a hair dye, as you can see from the painter's impression of my coiffure in the painting above.

P.S. Nice work Stierlitz, you may have surpassed me on Pinkie's list of 'Shovel-Ready Comrades' and earned yourself a place at the 'head' of the 'working class'. If memory serves, you are still recovering from your last run-in with Pinkie's spade. You must have enjoyed it, as it appears you are begging for more. I do admire your zeal for our soon-to-be coronated Queen Hilderly. I can only hope, for your sake, that the estimable Commissarka shares our view and swings her shovel with leniency.

HEIL HILLARY!

Thank you, Red Square, and thank you, Konservative Punk, for the picture of me! You do know how to suck up, unlike others on this thread.

Why, all that's missing on that picture, especially on a day like this, Memorial Day, is an ice cream cone in my hand and hordes of paparazzi groveling at my feet.

And as for you, Ivan the Stakhanovets, since you're so fixated on my shovel...

WHACK!!!

Maybe that'll fix your fixation.

Now who's going to bring me that ice cream cone?

MemorialDay_Obama_IceCream.jpg

Don't forget 'Environmentalism' ... See what I mean here: The Largest Threat To Freedom...defined https://normanhooben.blogspot.com/2015/ ... fined.html

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Thank you, Red Square, and thank you, Konservative Punk, for the picture of me! You do know how to suck up, unlike others on this thread.

Why, all that's missing on that picture, especially on a day like this, Memorial Day, is an ice cream cone in my hand and hordes of paparazzi groveling at my feet.

And as for you, Ivan the Stakhanovets, since you're so fixated on my shovel...

WHACK!!!

Now who's going to bring me that ice cream cone?

You like the chocolate dipped waffle cone with sprinkles, right?

I think Pinkie may have serious competition now. Makes you wonder what's underneath those pretty Dem-blue gloves!

Michelle_Obama_Boxer.jpg
Mystery solved! Those hands have been in Stage 7 for quite some time. Run! It's the Red Fist of Progdom!

Michelle_Obama_Boxing_Fists.jpg

Makes me wonder what'll happen if they fight. Mud is optional.

So I guess the main question of the progressive era comes down to this:

What is stronger - Pinkie's shovel of Michelle's Red Fist of Progdom?

Place your bets, comrades!

MudWrestlingGirls.jpg

Oh, and here's your Memorial Day ice cream, Dear Commissarka!

Pinkie_Obama_Icecream_Tweet.jpg

Is that a ballot box in the background???
Image Talk about "vote early, vote often". It will be an interesting election between the First Wookie Moochelle and The MTE. After all, hasn't she(?) earned it too?

-- Just sayin'

Red Square wrote:Makes me wonder what'll happen if they fight. Mud is optional.

So I guess the main question of the progressive era comes down to this:

What is stronger - Pinkie's shovel of Michelle's Red Fist of Progdom?

Place your bets, comrades!

MudWrestlingGirls.jpg

Mmmm...dirty girls...er, um.....

I think (oops, no one saw that)..If it was on the forward swing instead of a back swing or a rebound off of Ivan and/or Punk, then Pinkie would take the round

Warren Peas wrote:Is that a ballot box in the background???
Image Talk about "vote early, vote often". It will be an interesting election between the First Wookie Moochelle and The MTE. After all, hasn't she(?) earned it too?

-- Just sayin'

It appears to be. I've circled said ballot box for any less-observant Comrades that may visit-

34445.jpg

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Comrade Pamalinsky, article is good. However, I think that it is somewhat missing the target. By missing the target, I of course mean facing away from the target in a 90 KPH crosswind right after a gallon or two of vodka.

What we must really be thinking of is creating these issues you speak of into personal issues. I mean, the article's great and all, and I'm sure that the techniques are great for those becoming washed to practice with, but it is ultimately inadequate for fiery, swift revolution. We are calling the issues names, and we are acting according to those names, but we are NOT experiencing them as our own struggles with this system. But, here's the kicker: they ARE our own struggles. Due to the inherent nature of struggle all struggle is ours, don't you see? It is like a frying pan; only the single vegetable gets cooked, but the entire pan gets hot. Those that speak out are vegetables, but all comrades are the frying pan!

And when these issues become personal issues, you are suddenly ignited with true revolutionary passion. You rage, you fight, you uphold the State even if it puts you to death! This may sound like you already, I know some comrades that match this description, but it is totally different. You think all of those thoughts without this fire, but WITH this fire they become an instinct. They become revolutionary instinct. Those that have revolutionary instinct not only become Komissars and get ahead in lines for bread, but they also can wield the almighty sword of Communism on the front line of battle! They can move mountains, make something out of nothing, they can even do the impossible. They can kill KKKapitalists simply by thinking about them. They are truly revolutionary.

A living example of this truly revolutionary instinct is Comrade Red Square. He founded his own Party Organ, made it available to all Comrades, and Party Truths spill out onto the unwashed masses from it every single day. He reawakened his Communist instinct that he lost when he came to the USA, beaten out of him by AmeriKKKa to oppress us all, and now he wants to make it the USSA. He has inspired many to join his cause, like Comrade Lenin in the Bolshevik struggle for Communist freedom and liberty. We are the new Bolsheviks, my Comrades, and our cause requires Bolshevik levels of will, of intellect, of drive, of passion. We must become Bolsheviks, otherwise we deny many of the glory of Communism.

This instinct is available to all, but it requires that ignition. That ignition is the radical transformation of every issue into a personal issue, and allowing yourself to be radically transformed as well.

Therefore, all we must do is turn every issue that the state hails into a personal issue, and the rest will follow suit.

HEIL HILLARY!!!

HEIL HILLARY!!!

HEIL HILLARY!!!
Stierlitz,

Your post is so detailed, I cannot grasp it's meaning. Please understand, I am a LIV.

Keep it simple. Oh yeah, and stupid. Please! I want so much to contribute to the collective!

HEIL Hillary!!!

Pamalinsky wrote: Stierlitz,

Your post is so detailed, I cannot grasp it's meaning. Please understand, I am a LIV.

Keep it simple. Oh yeah, and stupid. Please! I want so much to contribute to the collective!

HEIL Hillary!!!

1. Don't think about issues
2. Feel issues like they're affecting you
3. Feeling gives you revolutionary passion like fire
4. Comrade Red Square has revolutionary passion
5. Heil Hillary all day, everyday.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: Why, all that's missing on that picture, especially on a day like this, Memorial Day, is an ice cream cone in my hand and hordes of paparazzi groveling at my feet.

The Comissarka likes Ice Cream, huh?

PinkieLikesIceCream.png

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: And as for you, Ivan the Stakhanovets, since you're so fixated on my shovel...

WHACK!!!

Pinkie Shovel Leg.jpg

Who can blame him? There is something oddly attractive about your shovel Commissarka...

You forgot

Stage 8: Think of the children! (the one's Margaret Sanger eugenics lovers haven't aborted)

Stage 9: The science is settled and you're stupid if you disagree with state approved appartchiks

Stierlitz fail. We are watching you. Ice Cream?!? The Commissarka loves Whoopie Pies that is why The Collective just purchased The Whoopie Pie Factory. Yet she prefers them on Ice.

Stage 7.

IF THE COMMISSARKA SAID THERE WAS NO STAGE 8 OR 9.... THEN THERE IS NO STAGE 8 or 9!

I like that, Konservative Punk. I like that a lot! The whole idea of amputating my leg and replacing it with a shovel is just what I need to ride the latest Progressive bandwagon, otherwise known as Transableism. I also saw something the other day about a scientist who thinks he can do head transplants. That would be handy--and heady!--for anyone who's been shovel-whacked by yours truly. With enough money in government subsidies, that might be a business from which I can benefit, like Al Gore benefits from Climate Change.
Konservative_Punk wrote:
Commissarka Pinkie wrote: And as for you, Ivan the Stakhanovets, since you're so fixated on my shovel...

WHACK!!!

Pinkie Shovel Leg.jpg

Who can blame him? There is something oddly attractive about your shovel Commissarka...

Bump. Because I think it needs bumping. Also because Gun Control has finally been bumped up to Stage 7:

DHS Secretary: Gun Control is now a National Security Issue

Ah...but is it still the Greatest Threat facing us today? Or is that still Climate Change?

Stand by for another change to The Current Truth!

P.S. And blame Republicans!