Ramadan dinner on 9/11: I had to double-check the author

Ramadan_Dinner_Sept_11.jpg
Chedoh, is that you? Shall we put Snopes on this??

Outrage spreads as cities plan Ramadan dinner celebration on 9/11

The Democratic mayors of two Michigan cities plan to celebrate September 11th this year by honoring Sharia and hosting their “9th Annual Ramadan Unity Dinner.”

Ramadan ended in July, but the Islamic Society of Greater Lansing has scheduled its dinner at the city-owned convention center on the very day when 19 Muslim terrorists killed 2,977 innocent victims at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and three crashed airliners, 14 years ago.

In an almost unbelievable act of callousness and dishonor of those victims, Mayors Virg Bernero and Nathan Triplett of Lansing and East Lansing, respectively, will host a dinner themed “Hope, Not Hunger.” The event's poster features an Islamic crescent and a skyline of mosque-styled buildings.

Adding insult to injury, the cities are sponsoring—with taxpayer dollars—a high school essay contest whose winners will be honored at the dinner and given prizes of up to $500.

One blogger remarked, noting that Ramadan ended July 17, “Maybe it isn't really Ramadan they are celebrating.”

One blogger remarked, noting that Ramadan ended July 17, “Maybe it isn't really Ramadan they are celebrating.”

No! Ya think, sir? Yer a regular Delbert Eisenstein, you are.

Yes, I recall we celebrated Ramadan by eating bacon.

[attachment=0]together.jpg[/attachment]
Bringing us together?

A joyous image of the faithful praying towards Mecca, shame on the non-believers to the left of the photo walking between those praying and Mecca. Everyone knows you do the courtesy of walking behind them.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:A joyous image of the faithful praying towards Mecca, shame on the non-believers to the left of the photo walking between those praying and Mecca. Everyone knows you do the courtesy of [highlight=#ffff00]walking behind them[/highlight].
But ... butt ... all those butts ... butts in the air....

RedDiaperette wrote: But ... butt ... all those butts ... butts in the air....

... and Comrade Monkey and his great big cork is still nowhere to be seen.

Don't be so easy to judge, Comrades! After all, any celebration of the religion ofpiecespeace is worthwhile, no matter how long after Eid-al Fatr (peace be upon it) it takes place.

I know something of these two cities. I was bestowed upon with a bachelor's degree in German (the language of Marx!) and another in psychology (the other language of Marx!) in East Lansing lo these 30 years ago (give or take a month).

It was there I learned from my most esteemed professors the daily danger I faced every day as a womyn (and of course, how to spell womyn), the right books to read and films to see in order to better understand the great Truths of Life..that rich people are evil, that the downtrodden have no hope of experiencing happiness in their life without my meddling and pity, and of course, From Each According to His (or her) Ability, To Each According to Need.

Oh! And how to drink upwards of 12 beers at Rick's bar and still be able to dance as part of a sweaty, moving-together mob dancing reggae to Sun Ra or somebody.

Thus, my bona fides.

While Michigan State (which is the sole reason for East Lansing's existence, and one of two reasons for Lansing's, the other being the fascist Michigan Legislature) was in no way familiar with Political Correctness, Free Speech Zones, microaggressions, and the repression of all wrong speech as we are today, I like to think that, between keggers, we Spartans were ahead of our time in putting men in their place and in holding discussions in the co-ops where we could dream together of a Soviet American paradise, in our Che shirts and designer jeans.

This just proves that this quaint college community, home of my dear alma mater, continues to lead the way to a day when we can avoid hurting any Muslim's feelings, while ensuring we completely ignore those of everyone else.

It's not only OK to JOKE about 9/11, it's OK to pretend you're not slapping the faces of the victims, when we all know you really are.
Last edited by Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна on 8/29/2015, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: the spirit moved me

Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote:Don't be so easy to judge, Comrades! After all, any celebration of the religion ofpiecespeace is worthwhile, no matter how long after Eid-al Fatr (peace be upon it) it takes place.

I know something of these two cities. I was bestowed upon with a bachelor's degree in German (the language of Marx!) and another in psychology (the other language of Marx!) in East Lansing lo these 30 years ago (give or take a month).

It was there I learned from my most esteemed professors the daily danger I faced every day as a womyn (and of course, how to spell womyn), the right books to read and films to see in order to better understand the great Truths of Life..that rich people are evil, that the downtrodden have no hope of experiencing happiness in their life without my meddling and pity, and of course, From Each According to His (or her) Ability, To Each According to Need.

Oh! And how to drink upwards of 12 beers at Rick's bar and still be able to dance as part of a sweaty, moving-together mob dancing reggae to Sun Ra or somebody.

Thus, my bona fides.

While Michigan State (which is the sole reason for East Lansing's existence, and one of two reasons for Lansing's, the other being the fascist Michigan Legislature) was in no way familiar with Political Correctness, Free Speech Zones, microaggressions, and the repression of all wrong speech as we are today, I like to think that, between keggers, we Spartans were ahead of our time in putting men in their place and in holding discussions in the co-ops where we could dream together of a Soviet American paradise, in our Che shirts and designer jeans.

This just proves that this quaint college community, home of my dear alma mater, continues to lead the way to a day when we can avoid hurting any Muslim's feelings, while ensuring we completely ignore those of everyone else.

It's not only OK to JOKE about 9/11, it's OK to pretend you're not slapping the faces of the victims, when we all know you really are.

Comrade Ivanovna has described my college days perfectly - although mine were decades earlier and in another state. Then, of course, we were excusing the burning of U.S. cities by "those" people. But all in all, things are about the same today. Ho, hum...time for another nap.