Students not prepared for college math

Mom_Kid_Internet_Fun.jpg

Just 37% of U.S. High School Seniors Prepared for College Math and Reading

Research shows only 37% of Amerikkkan high school students are prepared for college-level math.

The other half are doomed to lives of government dependency and surfing the internet.

Are you kidding, Ivan? The half that can't do math are destined for bureaucratic greatness as Congressional staffers. Present one of these mental giants with a proposition like

"If we cut one dollar from this program and add two dollars to that program we have saved a net $6.2 billion!"

He'll stick a finger up a nostril and say,"Ayup! That sounds logical!"

My point exactly! Are congressional staffers not dependent upon a government paycheck?

The good news is that the self-esteem of these precious snowflakes is preserved because they can't read and interpret the data well enough to be offended.

OH MY LENIN, IVAN!!

What a wonderful softball to wake up to this morning!

Image .
You know we love you Ivan...

This would help explain the lunacy of the $15 an hour crowd. Economics 101 involves basic math skills. Without such knowledge it is easy to understand why so many would think raising the minimum wage is a great idea.

Something beautiful and sweet. Or....Danny Kaye, Hans Christian Andersen, Inchworm.

I'm sure many of you have heard it.

[OFF]

I'm not surprised. Think about it: First it was No Child Left Behind, then it was changed to Race To The Top, and now in the last few years it changed again to Common Core. Think about it, nobody could get behind, but then suddenly you had to race to the finish, and then finally everybody is equal and common. If you ran an F1 or NASCAR race like that you'd be broadcasting it in Alice's Wonderland. All 3 of these involve the federal government - politicians - telling teachers how to do their job and thinking that they, the politicians, can do the teaching better than the teachers can. And with the new school curriculae having all the hallmarks of government - bureaucracy, excessive regimentation, and all the life and vigor of a DMV waiting queue, is it any wonder that this is the product they spit out? If it were the curriculum of the past, or a curriculum that at least worked and made sense, I'd be concerned. With how much the federal government and it's Dept. of Education have done to completely cripple the education system and leave it marooned on a sandbar, I'm surprised that the number is that high. This is what happens when you violate the Constitution and give federal control over something that was rightfully controlled by the states.

Pamalinsky wrote:

Something beautiful and sweet. Or....Danny Kaye, Hans Christian Andersen, Inchworm.

I'm sure many of you have heard it.

My thanks to the wonderful Kommissars (moderators) on the Cube who don't censor us but help us express ourselves more accurately. I am very grateful.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:[OFF]

I'm not surprised. Think about it: First it was No Child Left Behind, then it was changed to Race To The Top, and now in the last few years it changed again to Common Core. Think about it, nobody could get behind, but then suddenly you had to race to the finish, and then finally everybody is equal and common. If you ran an F1 or NASCAR race like that you'd be broadcasting it in Alice's Wonderland. All 3 of these involve the federal government - politicians - telling teachers how to do their job and thinking that they, the politicians, can do the teaching better than the teachers can. And with the new school curriculae having all the hallmarks of government - bureaucracy, excessive regimentation, and all the life and vigor of a DMV waiting queue, is it any wonder that this is the product they spit out? If it were the curriculum of the past, or a curriculum that at least worked and made sense, I'd be concerned. With how much the federal government and it's Dept. of Education have done to completely cripple the education system and leave it marooned on a sandbar, I'm surprised that the number is that high. This is what happens when you violate the Constitution and give federal control over something that was rightfully controlled by the states.

You rock, Comrade Stierlitz! Image Image Image Image

Image I just wanted to clarify my posting of Danny Kaye and the Inch Worm thing.

Um, Hans (Danny) walks by a classroom that is teaching by repetition from which he has been rejected. While many of us, including me, learned their times table, etc. by repetition, we still understood what that meant.

Truth.

His song expresses his love for that truth.

Today, we have Common Core, which teaches: 2+2=5! If you have a good argument that proves to us that is the solution, you get an A+! In other words, they are teaching our children to lie.

That is why I posted this.