In Soviet Russia forest hunts you!

I thought that trees were supposed to stand still!

- SK

Comrade Designer - I replaced your link to Facebook with the same video from YouTube. As a rule, if something is posted on FB, more than likely it also exists on YouTube.

If you liked that video, here's an entire collection of trees hunting for cars on different roads. Mostly in Russia but also elsewhere. The reason there are so many Russian videos with various accidents is because most Russian drivers have dashcams and keep them running at all times, as a precaution against false claims and extortion, particularly on the part of the corrupt police.

WARNING: Extremely foul and obscene language (in Russian) and some occasional swearing in English.

Red Square wrote:...as a precaution against false claims and extortion, particularly on the part of the corrupt police.

Just where do you think you are talking about, George Mason U.?

There's no such thing as "corrupt police."

You know that.

Now hand over your ration card, or this lecture continues in jail...

So this is where Tolkien got the idea for the "March of the Ents?"

I denounce myself for driving an SUV and for having flown on airplanes. Sometimes I can't sleep at night knowing how much polar bear blood is on my hands. No wonder their brother trees in Russia are taking revenge!

Red Square wrote:Comrade Designer - I replaced your link to Facebook with the same video from YouTube. As a rule, if something is posted on FB, more than likely it also exists on YouTube.

A thousand spasibos, Comrade Square! Before posting I did do a search on the Kollective Tube for a less komtaminated version. However my poor power of the search, especially for Russian video, was not equal to the task (to coin a phrase). Thank you for your much more equal efforts!

- SK

Red Square wrote:If you liked that video, here's an entire collection of trees hunting for cars on different roads.

Did they forget to install the roots on their trees in the Motherland? That's a friggin' lot of trees crashing down!

- SK

What the Hell is up with these Russian trees? I'm 54 years old and live in a part of the country that has lots of trees and I have never seen a single tree fall across a road unless it is during a storm. I can understand the trees coated with ice going down. I get the lightning strike (cool bit of luck to catch that on tape). But what is with the entire row of trees collapsing domino-style? What is this? Some kind of Tunguska aftershock?

Ivan Betinov wrote:What the Hell is up with these Russian trees? I'm 54 years old and live in a part of the country that has lots of trees and I have never seen a single tree fall across a road unless it is during a storm. I can understand the trees coated with ice going down. I get the lightning strike (cool bit of luck to catch that on tape). But what is with the entire row of trees collapsing domino-style? What is this? Some kind of Tunguska aftershock?

My guess is that the rain softened the ground and the trees uprooted themselves. And the trees were so close together that once you took the one root out the rest of them would have less to grab onto and fall over in succession.

Red Square wrote:Comrade Designer - I replaced your link to Facebook with the same video from YouTube. As a rule, if something is posted on FB, more than likely it also exists on YouTube.

If you liked that video, here's an entire collection of trees hunting for cars on different roads. Mostly in Russia but also elsewhere. The reason there are so many Russian videos with various accidents is because most Russian drivers have dashcams and keep them running at all times, as a precaution against false claims and extortion, [highlight=#ffff00]particularly on the part of the corrupt police.[/highlight]

WARNING: Extremely foul and obscene language (in Russian) and some occasional swearing in English.

[OFF]

I always thought it was because of the crappy insurance companies that won't pay out for anything. At least that's what I heard. Maybe it's a combination of both, or I was just lied to.

[ON]

Direktor, are you becoming out of touch with Glorious People? Tovarisch Driver no buy dashcam for cop. He keep his money and give it to cop when cop turns up! Dashcam for capturing funny car crash to sell on internet for muchos dineros!

Subvet wrote:So this is where Tolkien got the idea for the "March of the Ents?"
Comrade Dylan, in his glorious plugged up nasal twang sings the song of their tribe, an example of effective kollectivized labor that...makes... me.. cry every time!

Bob_Dylan_Ants_Are_My_Friends.jpg

Once again, Komrades, the question that endlessly bedevils the Collective rears its ugly head again.

"If a tree falls in a forest, and the video is not immediately posted to Facebook, will it in fact go viral?"

If you liked that video, here's an entire collection of trees hunting for cars on different roads. Mostly in Russia but also elsewhere. The reason there are so many Russian videos with various accidents is because most Russian drivers have dashcams and keep them running at all times, as a precaution against false claims and extortion, particularly on the part of the corrupt police.

Which leads to a secondary thought experiment that currently haunts The Collective

"If a video of a tree falling in a forest contains foul utterances in a language that nobody at your place of work understands, is it, in fact, NSFW?"

Callmelennie wrote: Which leads to a secondary thought experiment that currently haunts The Collective

"If a video of a tree falling in a forest contains foul utterances in a language that nobody at your place of work understands, is it, in fact, NSFW?"
Indeed. If it is in a language that nobody understands, one must assume it is encoded racist-sexist-homophobic-Islamophobic-Trumpian communication among nazifascistrightwing workers seeking to undermine the kollektive.

Chief Designer wrote:In Soviet Russia forest hunts you!
Red Square wrote:... an entire collection of trees hunting for cars on different roads.
And yet Soviet Man strikes back!

ГЕРОИЧЕСКАЯ БОРЬБА ПРОДОЛЖАЕТСЯ!
(see)
ЧЕЛОВЕК ПОБЕЖДАЕТ ПРИРОДУ!
(see)
Go ZIL , young man!