We have ten years to save the planet

[img]/images/various_uploads/Save_Planet_Broken_Clock.jpg[/img]

In 1988 we told the world that "We only have ten years left to save the planet."

In 1989, our wonderful comrades at the United [in Marxism] Nations decreed the same thing.

Then during the 2000 election season our Holy Prophet Who Has Never Been Wrong, Al Gorski (Muslim name: al-goreeza) issued a fatwa that we only had ten years left to save the planet.

Nobody listened. George Bush [spit, spit] won stole the election and the planet's environmental destruction continued.

So, in 2006, Prophet al-goreeza issued another fatwa: we only had until last year (i.e., ten years for those of you who've had the Jiffy Lobo) to save the planet.

And now, we are issuing the decree once more:

Climate Scientists Spread Panic: ‘Ten Years' to Save the Earth

It's a good thing that the Sheeple have short memories. They might accuse us of "crying Wolf" or something.

As a parallel the Jehova's Witnesses were predicting the end of the world every five years from 1895 to 1925. Not sure of the last date.Maybe they have lost touch.

GC out

[img]/images/LIV/Confused_Banner_LIV_progs_SavePlanet.jpg[/img]

Ah, but do they ever say which planet? Who knows how many planets have been lost because we (sob) failed them?

pedosphere.png
Fig. 7 of the report makes it all a non-problem, says Dr. sci. isl. Khalifa al-Iznogud al-Faransi from the renowned La-Ilaha illal-lah Al-Harrakah University.

And explains: ليس هناك أى مشكلة (no ploblem, no ploblem). As دين الاسلام (din al'islam) is linearly expanding over the العالمية (world), the Pedosphere (see above) will expand exponentially. And then, according to Formula ②, the Pedosphere will act as a sink for all the superfluous carbon, praise be upon it.

As a rather modest and retiring student of Earth's history, I've been assured that there have been various episodes of climate change in the past, completely unrelated to man or cow farts. Or anyone else's farts.

Being asked to trust the politicians whose only truth is that they will always lie to us has me on the horns of a dilemma. I'm vexed, flummoxed, "concerned" and confused, but mostly, I just don't trust these people. What exactly is the Earth's normal temperature anyway?

CLIMATE “SCIENCE” ROCKED BY ANOTHER SCANDAL

100% Of US Warming Is Due To NOAA Data Tampering

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:What exactly is the Earth's normal temperature anyway?

As far as I'm concerned the Earth's normal temperature is 82.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:As a rather modest and retiring student of Earth's history, I've been assured that there have been various episodes of climate change in the past, completely unrelated to man or cow farts. Or anyone else's farts.

Being asked to trust the politicians whose only truth is that they will always lie to us has me on the horns of a dilemma. I'm vexed, flummoxed, "concerned" and confused, but mostly, I just don't trust these people. What exactly is the Earth's normal temperature anyway?

CLIMATE “SCIENCE” ROCKED BY ANOTHER SCANDAL

100% Of US Warming Is Due To NOAA Data Tampering
Rest assured, Kalashnikook. We've been predicting the end of the world in a decade since 1970. We're professionals, and we know what we're talking about.

Margaret wrote:

I concur. That is a lovely temperature IF the humidity is low. Why does no one talk about humidity? Everyone says, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity.." and yet this issue remains unresolved. Did I get that wrong? Are they saying something else? Like, "it's not the heat, it's the stupidity".

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:
Margaret wrote:

I concur. That is a lovely temperature IF the humidity is low. Why does no one talk about humidity? Everyone says, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity.." and yet this issue remains unresolved. Did I get that wrong? Are they saying something else? Like, "it's not the heat, it's the stupidity".
Perhaps the saying is: "It's not the feet, it's the tumidity"?

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:... What exactly is the Earth's [highlight=#ffff00]normal[/highlight] temperature anyway?
Alack, Comrade Ka.. , I mean, Brother Al-Kalash ibn wa' Ni-Kouk al-Amriki ...
Before asking what's normal temp, ask : What exactly [highlight=#ffff00]is[/highlight] (Earth's) temperature at all?

None other but NASA/GISS itself has an answer - a little bit nerdy, but human-readable anyway.

And the answer is, to keep it short : dunno. have no standard definition. but understand what that "temperature" is, by kinda gut feeling. and anyway, we use averages-of-averages and so on, so a need to have such definition kinda washes out in the adulteration of incoming measurement data.

(GISS, copy/paste:)
Q. What exactly do we mean by Absolute Surface Air Temperature (SAT)?

A. I doubt that there is a general agreement how to answer this question. Even at the same location, the temperature near the ground may be very different from the temperature 5 ft above the ground and different again from 10 ft or 50 ft above the ground. Particularly in the presence of vegetation (say in a rain forest), the temperature above the vegetation may be very different from the temperature below the top of the vegetation. A reasonable suggestion might be to use the average temperature of the first 50 ft of air either above ground or above the top of the vegetation. To measure SAT we have to agree on what it is and, as far as I know, no such standard has been suggested or generally adopted. Even if the 50 ft standard were adopted, I cannot imagine that a weather station would build a 50 ft stack of thermometers to be able to find the true SAT at its location.

And don't even start asking: well... so, what exactly are those Sea Surface Temperatures (SSTs)? (you start asking, Brother, and I go totally al-harrakah! shirk, kufr, scimitar! al-harb wa al-jihad!)

... o yep, and also this, from the Faculty of Legitimate Yet Inconvenient Questions :

This is undeniable, scientific-consensus proof that The Glorious World of Next Tuesday™ is at hand! Just ten more years.

Titov-Kayak wrote:This is undeniable, scientific-consensus proof that The Glorious World of Next Tuesday™ is at hand! Just ten more years.
Yes, but what will the weather be like?

Major Ursa Vitnopants wrote:
Titov-Kayak wrote:This is undeniable, scientific-consensus proof that The Glorious World of Next Tuesday™ is at hand! Just ten more years.
Yes, but what will the weather be like?
Whatever the Party says it is.

They were right, err, KORRECT, Comrades! When they warned us, we had NINE planets in the Solar System - now we have only EIGHT!

It is as I replied to Komrade al-Dummkopf 10 days ago {Dr. Hokey-Shtick warns: Lysenko redux};

Equation may also be expressed thus:

"You must act now or in 20 years it will be too late!" + 20 years = "You must act now or in 20 years it will be too late!" + 20 years = "You must act now or in 20 years it will be too late!" + 20 years = "You must act now or in 20 years it will be too late!" + 20 years = "You must act now or in 20 years it will be too late!" + 20 years = "You must act now or in 20 years it will be too late!" + 20 years = ... (repeat to the power of Nth)
I will post this again in another 10 days (or 20), and again in another 10 days (or 20), and... well, you get the picture... until the world ends, which will be... {see above}

And other 4 years until Her majesty Hillary Clinton takes control of the people's palace. Or 8, or 12, or 16. Chelsea is more than qualified to take over.

Directions on saving the planet from the straight Motherland! У нас есть 10 лет!

I would make a prediction of when this will happen next but the dates haven't formed a pattern yet.

10 years! Mein Gott! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Today Trump demonstratively pulled out of Paris Accords during a ceremony in the Rose Garden, which he, as always, started with a ritualistic slaughter of a polar bear.

Below is scientific evidence that man-made global warming is real! We are all going to die.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Global_Warming_Proof.jpg[/img]

The Union of Concerned Scientists alarm clock has finally struck the hour. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

If only this DENIER were still alive so he could be drug off to the Gulag for reeducation!

Pay attention for 'just one word' that was predicted in 1967 by Mr. McGuire. Little did we know back then that just ONE word would lead to the DESTRUCTION OF THE PLANET!

If you want to SAVE the planet, EVERYONE SHOULD THROW EVERYTHING AWAY that contains this one word! And NEVER make ANYTHING else again that contains this word.