Trump sells Vatican to Pope Francis for 2.5 million

[img]/images/various_uploads/Pope_Trump_Handshake.jpg[/img]

The world's best known dealmaker-turned-president showed that when it comes to real estate, nobody out-negotiates the Trumpster.

The president met briefly with Pope Francis, whom Trump described as a "…very, very nice man. Very hospitable," before agreeing on a price for the Vatican.

Subjects discussed by the two leaders included the environment, world peace, religious tolerance, and property values.

"After a little going back and forth, I finally asked His Holiness what he was willing to offer for the Vatican. He made an offer, but you know how deals are, he started low and I started high," Trump told the accredited media shortly afterwards.

"At one point, I said, 'Look, I know you work hard and don't have a lot of money, so I'm willing to include the Sistine Chapel.' Well that brought him around and we settled on 2.5 million. Not a bad deal at all. And that chapel, it was painted by a very, very talented artist. I told Ivanka, 'Hey, find this Michelangelo guy and have him do the White House.' You know, Melania thinks the place needs a makeover, and I think she's right," the president said.

"I couldn't be happier," said a delighted Pope Francis. "All my predecessors were only exalted guests here, but now I own the place. Not bad for a poor kid from Argentina who used to work as a bouncer."

The pope also hinted that he may revise his views of capitalism. "This was an eye-opener for me. If we allow people to profit from their labors, maybe together we can make the Vatican great again."

The two men shook hands on the deal and fielded questions from reporters about how the recent efforts at reconciliation between the Catholic and Orthodox faiths might have influenced the outcome of last year's election.

Sistine chapel ceiling? Trump <spit> is going to whitewash over that graffiti before he hands over the keys...

Instant classic. To the Mother Page it goes!

[img]/images/various_uploads/Pope_Trump_Handshake_Great_Again.jpg[/img]

Muchos Spacebos to the most equal editorial board.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:Muchos Spacebos to the most equal editorial board.
My pleasure and duty, comrade.

Now it appears that Trump has reached a new high in business negotiations: he can sell the Vatican to the Pope. That's a lot more than just selling some bridge to a stranger. I only wish we had this man on the prog team.

I think this phrase deserves to enter the English idiomatic usage and be listed among the new words and expressions of 2017 compiled annually by the Oxford Dictionary:

He can sell the Vatican to the Pope.

It has a ring to it.

Ha! That's nothing. You crazy commies have been selling to gullible people what they already own for generations.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:Ha! That's nothing. You crazy commies have been selling to gullible people what they already own for generations.
Alice had no idea what to do, and in despair she put her hand in her pocket, and pulled out a box of comfits, (luckily the salt water had not got into it), and handed them round as prizes. There was exactly one a-piece all round.
`But she must have a prize herself, you know,' said the Mouse.
`Of course,' the Dodo replied very gravely. `What else have you got in your pocket?' he went on, turning to Alice.
`Only a thimble,' said Alice sadly.
`Hand it over here,' said the Dodo.
Then they all crowded round her once more, while the Dodo solemnly presented the thimble, saying `We beg your acceptance of this elegant thimble'; and, when it had finished this short speech, they all cheered.
Alice thought the whole thing very absurd, but they all looked so grave that she did not dare to laugh; and, as she could not think of anything to say, she simply bowed, and took the thimble, looking as solemn as she could.

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:... I told Ivanka, 'Hey, find this Michelangelo guy and have him do the White House.' ...
Deal!

(full scene - much better - here)

Red Square wrote:
Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:Muchos Spacebos to the most equal editorial board.
I think this phrase deserves to enter the English idiomatic usage and be listed among the new words and expressions of 2017 compiled annually by the Oxford Dictionary:

He can sell the Vatican to the Pope.

It has a ring to it.
Glorious suggestion, dear commissar! I shall try to use this in conversations from thus forth!

Comrade Svyet wrote:tee shirt in the making "Make the Vatican Great Again" ?

Only a latent capitalist pig would even think of engaging in such an immoral, inherently exploitative act.