Is it time to ban silencers for automobiles?

[img]/images/various_uploads/Ban_Mufflers_Silencers_Auto.jpg[/img]

Democrat lawmakers are pushing for a law that would ban silencers for automobiles after the FBI disclosed that Las Vegas shooter Steven Paddock had one of them on his car.

The silencer, also known by car enthusiasts as a “muffler,” is a device used to decrease the amount of noise emitted by the exhaust of a car engine. It is believed that Paddock used the device to drive to the Mandalay Bay Hotel without drawing attention to himself.

Former Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton brought the silencer issue to national attention when she tweeted the following after the shooting:

HillaryTweet.png
“Thanks to the Republicans and the muffler lobby, anyone can buy a silencer for their car without a background check,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said. “I do not know why we are even having this debate - the right to own a muffler is not protected by the Second Amendment.”

Jimmy Kimmel also shamed the Republican Party and car owners during a ten-minute monologue on his late-night talk show.

“Thousands of people die each year by getting hit by cars,” a tearful Kimmel said in a wavering voice. “How many lives could have been saved had the victims been able to hear their assailant's car coming?”

Hybrid cars and especially fully electric cars are the silent killers. They emit no sound as they quietly approach, until it's too late to run. The sound comes on only at a higher speed, as the gas engine kicks in, or the electrical motor gives more RPM.

We should pass a law banning hybrids and electric cars, or at least require them to have a sound system with loudspeakers blaring a prerecorded revving of a 6-cylinder gas engine.

Red Square wrote:Hybrid cars and especially fully electric cars are the silent killers. They emit no sound as they quietly approach, until it's too late to run. The sound comes on only at a higher speed, as the gas engine kicks in, or the electrical motor gives more RPM.

We should pass a law banning hybrids and electric cars, or at least require them to have a sound system with loudspeakers blaring a prerecorded revving of a 6-cylinder gas engine.

No sooner said, than done. LET IT BE SO:

Comrades!
Those who are 'sight-impaired' have complained about these deadly instruments of terror for years! Company 'Tesla' must be fined and forced to repent for its crimes against the 'sight deficient' community! EEOC investigation NOW!!!

Red Square wrote:Hybrid cars and especially fully electric cars are the silent killers. They emit no sound as they quietly approach, until it's too late to run. The sound comes on only at a higher speed, as the gas engine kicks in, or the electrical motor gives more RPM.

The Prius is so hideously ugly that it can be detected by a 6th sense, which is all that has kept it from killing millions of pedestrians. Failing to avert your eyes if you see one can cause you to see spots (rainbow colored or unrealistic shades of green).

Lyman DeKoquonut wrote:Failing to avert your eyes if you see one can cause you to see spots (rainbow colored or unrealistic shades of green).

No more beet vodka for this comrade.

Red Square wrote: or at least require them to have a sound system with loudspeakers blaring a prerecorded revving of a 6-cylinder gas engine.

um... Isn't that what the stereo is for?

I tend to prefer Klezmer or Karelian vocal-based groups, but bagpipes are quite effective, as well.

Most equally humbly,
Komrade "But-I-did-turn-the-stereo-down-before-I-got-out-of-the-car-Dear!" Grendelssohnovovich
Peoples' Geometer
(long form)

Any vehicle with a silencer on the exhaust pipe should be required to have the following safety feature installed on the roof of the car, endlessly blaring a government warning on the dangers of automobiles:

speaker.jpg

Grendelssohnovovich wrote:... I tend to prefer Klezmer ...
Klezmer - oy, a tsimes!
would especially flush the coreligionists-of-peace! but, wait.... is it this what you wanted?

(as magic Leonard Cohen sung,
in an entirely other context)

1) Purchase car sans muffler
2) Fill out a form for the purchase of a muffler (muffler must be pre-paid and shipment to an approved dealership arranged beforehand)
3) Have dealership head mechanic approve paperwork (includes fingerprints, drivers license number, VIN and muffler serial number)
4) Send form, signed dealership approval and $200 to DMV
5) Wait 8-12 months for your muffler purchase to be approved
6) Proceed to local dealership and pay transfer fees prior to taking possession of the muffler

If it saves the life of just one child......or white-tailed deer.....

How prescient this post was, yes? I think it's time we double down on combating the "Muffler Menace". More dangerous than Black Talon bullets:

I find your racist post offensive, and denounce your privileged stereotypical accusations that black talons are more dangerous than others.

What of the MS-13 Talons, or our Mooslimic Religion of Peace Talons? You've marginalized them completely and they can kick some ass!

Oh, and you're a racist. So there.