New Rules of Engagement anger US Army ordnance corps

Ft. Lee, VA -- Chief of Ordnance for the US Army, Brigadier General Maurice Piffle, is unhappy with the current US Rules of Engagement (ROE) in Afghanistan under President Trump. "Since the ROE changes in August, we've seen ammunition usage up 426% - do you know how much that costs?" he was quoted as saying in an interview with the New York Times recently.

The changed rules now allow soldiers to continue to engage enemies, even after contact is made. The ROE in place for most of the previous 8 years only allowed firing on targets that were actively engaged in firing on US Soldiers. Once contact was broken, US Soldiers were not permitted to engage.

General Piffle went on to express frustration with the new rules and admiration for the previous administration's ROE policies. "They greatly reduced our ordnance costs in theater. I don't think the President realizes it isn't just ammunition - it is maintenance and repair on all those weapons as well. My personal policy is 'weapons not used are also not jammed or broken.' I heard secondhand that some soldiers weren't even bringing their rifles into combat because the rules restricted them so much they were never fired. That allowed them to bring a lot more equipment they did need – things like first aid supplies. That is a much less expensive item."

The US Army Quartermaster Corps had similar complaints about the scrapping of the updated uniform, called the Army Combat Uniform, scheduled for rollout in 2019.

An unnamed official stated "we are so angry right now. We've been working on getting our new ACUs in the acquisition system and contracted and they just scrap it no questions asked. We've been working on it for eight years now - do you how much effort goes into that? Getting a bullseye on the front and back of the jacket at center of mass and having it all worked into the camouflage, but not interfere with where the rank insignias need to go and all the rest? A lot of work. I'm just very upset right now. The new group in charge didn't even want to see our designs.”

- Reporting by Gazelle Gazette

No more camo slips and lace? I will miss pink humvees.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Transgendered_Obamas_Army.jpg[/img]

In the "Cold War" era, we used to say that if you didn't take it out of the arms room, it wouldn't get dirty, thus saving countless hours of cleaning and standing in line to get the armorer's blessing that one's weapon was clean enough to turn in.

Ahh, the good old days...I'll be reminiscing in tractor barn #2.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:In the "Cold War" era, we used to say that if you didn't take it out of the arms room, it wouldn't get dirty, thus saving countless hours of cleaning and standing in line to get the armorer's blessing that one's weapon was clean enough to turn in.

Ahh, the good old days...I'll be reminiscing in tractor barn #2.

Comrade Ivan,

After reminiscing (if you have a spare moment) please lubricate the trans-mission on my new off-road vehicle. I picked it up at the Obama War Surplus store yesterday. Thanks in advance!

BTW: Any spare green paint in tractor barn #2?

CC

NewMarines.jpg

Most Equal Komrade Stahkanovets,

I too remember the relatively firearm free days of military service during the Cold War. Unless there was a need to carry one while flying (and the NEVER was) we were allowed to touch a weapon once a year. Unless we qualified as "expert", then we got to see one every three years. Our duty weapon, the .38 Special Lady Colt five shot was disheartening enough. To make sure we were never a danger to ourselves or others were were issued "lipsticks".

Shortstop.jpg

These had plastic bullets and almost enough powder to push them out of the snubby barrel. Nothing gave me a sense of raw power like having my Lady Colt strapped under my arm with a full load of lipsticks. Heady days those were. Keeping Democracy safe for the world....

Save me a spot in the barn.

Red Salmon

Poor Talibs...
Next to be dead-rolled by (hyperventilates) (heavily hyperventilates) TRUMP's doomsday machine.

militaria_Movable_Maginot_Line.jpg

Such tragedy...
Would never happen if decisions were equal, left to cultured EUSSR and Geneva/Brussels conform.

military_2014_02_Munich_summit_Defense_ministers.jpg
(and see details!)

Also never to happen under the humanitarianly enlightened leadership of a Nobel Peace Prizer!

Obama_Military_umbrella_(600).jpg
(see final touch!)

Genosse Dummkopf wrote: (see final touch!)
For those comrades who are too busy picking beets in the fields to click on the link.

[img]/images/Obama_Unbrella_Marines_Iwo_Jima.jpg[/img]

When Obama was Commander-in-Chief, our smoke screens were FABULOUS ...

Purple_smoke_grenade.jpg
But under Trump, they are YUGE!

us-airstrikes-isis.jpg

Panem Et Circenses wrote:
tmp.png
So, Komrades, here you have it - moustachioed men, harbinger of Trump going Moustachio Man!

and - Red Square's teachings! - "too busy ... to click on the link", Komrade? here, Moustachio!