Because in San Diego, they care...

tortoise-784x441.jpg
California Tortoise with Cracked Shell Gets $4,000 Repair

Using $7.45 worth of zip-ties and plumbers putty, Veterinarians in San Diego have repaired the cracked shell of an undocumented tortoise that fell ten feet from a fence after being chased by a dog suspected to work for Immigration and Customs Enforcement...

San Diego taxpayers have been billed $4000. The repair team quickly named the tortoise Juanita, and registered her as a voter, for EBT/SNAP, section 8 housing, and for Obamacare; so Obamacare will contribute $29,575.00 (includes parts, labor, taxes, and disposal fees) toward the $4000.00 bill, rehabilitation therapy, follow-up visits, and job training (less a minor deductible).

In other news, San Diego Independent School District reports a sudden shortage of $4000 in the school lunch program funding. Children of registered Republican voters will have their lunches reduced to crackers and ketchup packets until the shortages have been recouped.

I'll bet if you were homeless in San Diego, Ivan...
they'd give you a new squirrel!

Did the tortoise receive a government-funded rental shell for the days the cracked shell was in the union body shop? It had to be at least a week, what with the union breaks and government holidays. I hope the new coat of paint they put over the putty won't run in the first rain.

Were the workers who did the repairs certified union workers? If not, were they at least undocumented workers, and did they have the documentation to prove it?

They had to be union, possibly a Government union. Someone with professionalism and /or pride in their workmanship would have smoothed and feathered (if not sanded) the putty and clipped the ends off of the zip-ties in less than three hours.

Look for the Union Label!

Hey, I saw that picture before. It worked well to promote socialized healthcare before it was known as Obamacare. Works on many levels.

[img]/images/Obamacare_BlackMarket.gif[/img]