10k+ Trapped in Kabul "Probably Trump Supporters Anyway"

Kabul, AFGHANISTAN -- After more than twenty years in the conservative Islamic country of Afghanistan maintaining a rough approximation of civilized society, a carefully planned egress was ordered by the US Commander in Chief several weeks ago.

The withdrawal has hit a couple minor snags, however. The most recent was that a large number of US citizens were accidentally left behind.

According to Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin at a press conference this week, "You know that feeling when you stop at a gas station for a bathroom break, get back on the road and suddenly realize you left without one of your kids? It's a lot like that, except we aren't going to find the quickest way to turn around and pick them up before they get scared and need extensive therapy. I'm afraid we can't. Poor planning on our part, oops."

He added, "The way we figure it, most were Trump supporters anyway: insurrectionists, racists, and deplorable people. We're better off without them in the long run."

More refugees, less Americans: a leftist's wet dream.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

PROG WAY OFF

I hesitate to make this post. I have (maybe "had" would be more accurate) friends who are/were contractors in Afghanistan. I had been worried about them. I hadn't heard from them since the calamitous decision to run away. I sent e-mails to them, but they went unanswered. I finally got a response. Apparently the internet is spotty where they are. They got a message out to say good-bye. They described how they had been told to remain in place. An extraction plan had been all worked out to get them home safely. Somehow the extraction plan never materialized and they realized they have been abandoned. All they can do is wait for the Taliban to find and execute them. Probably after a good bit of torture. The message said they have no chance of escape. I will never see them again.

On another track, are any of you other Veterans getting bombarded with offers of "counseling" regarding our anticipated "feelings" about the situation in Afghanistan? Does it seem wrong that the first urge is to tamp down the proper response to this? I will not take my Soma.

PROG SORT OF BACK ON

I denounce myself for being a downer. Railyard... Shovel... Heavy Coat... Whatever...

Enraged by The Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,
<snip>
PROG WAY OFF

On another track, are any of you other Veterans getting bombarded with offers of "counseling" regarding our anticipated "feelings" about the situation in Afghanistan? Does it seem wrong that the first urge is to tamp down the proper response to this? I will not take my Soma.

PROG SORT OF BACK ON

I denounce myself for being a downer. Railyard... Shovel... Heavy Coat... Whatever...

Enraged by The Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon
PROG ALSO OFF:
Yes, I keep getting these offers of "counseling." And I've just erased numerous expletive-ridden responses to them. Maybe a little less paddling around in "feelings" and a little more attention to how to fight a war would help.

PROG ALSO SORT OF BACK ON:
I will join you at the railyard. I will bring my litter scoop.

There are no words to describe the absolute betrayal of our nation and everyone in it in all ways by Biden and his team. It is absolutely disgusting and I can't believe we're so far gone here that we as a nation are not demanding the old fool step down, then clean house and put the adults back in charge.

Panem Et Circenses wrote:There are no words to describe the absolute betrayal of our nation and everyone in it in all ways by Biden and his team. It is absolutely disgusting and I can't believe we're so far gone here that we as a nation are not demanding the old fool step down, then clean house and put the adults back in charge.
PROG OFF:

There are too many other fools lined up in Constitutional succession if he steps down. Something has to happen at the grass roots. And no, I don't mean "insurrection," although any disagreement with the overlords these days will no doubt be called an insurrection. Maybe just a Bartleby response: "I prefer not to." Or then again....

It all comes down to education, which is still (for now) controlled at the local level. This is a much longer term plan, but we have not been providing an education for at least 20 years. If you want to save this great nation long-term: run for your local board of education and do everything you can to ensure accurate history is taught, critical thinking, how to recognize propaganda, ... local parents in my city have started uncovering all kinds of corruption at our school board, indoctrination, and all kinds of stuff. I'm finding that more than half the parents don't want any of it, but each one thought they were the only one. Nope, now were banding together and fighting every step of the way together. It's a long road, but the only way out I think. ...my two cents.

Your Most Equally Esteemed Feline Komradness,
RedDiaperette wrote:PROG ALSO OFF:
Yes, I keep getting these offers of "counseling." And I've just erased numerous expletive-ridden responses to them. Maybe a little less paddling around in "feelings" and a little more attention to how to fight a war would help.

PROG ALSO SORT OF BACK ON:
I will join you at the railyard. I will bring my litter scoop.

PROG WAY OFF

It helps to know that others believe it is wrong to suppress the appropriate response to the situation. I'll save you a spot in the boxcar.

PROG BACK ON

I always knew Rage Against The Machine would be the Current Truth™ some day,

Red Salmon

It helps to know that others believe it is wrong to suppress the appropriate response to the situation. I'll save you a spot in the boxcar.
...although an alert sniveling progressive, when provided with bribes could provide you with an updated list of breathing holes carved into the side walls of the boxcar to avoid painful memories of flatulence while on your way to the Fema Camp.

PROG OFF:

Slightly encouraging news. But maybe not.

This past week, while relaxing at my dacha in Bernmontistan, there were several flybys of c130s.

My dacha locale is moderately hilly, thus simulating another non-US terrain in central Asia that is currently in the news. At least if you don't watch CNN.

A decade or two ago, I could be treated with A-10 flybys. Always below the ridgeline, appearing to the unskilled eye to be training below the radar. It was almost like napalm in the morning to me. I enjoy the solitude of the dacha, but really don't mind when it is broken by these lads.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that there are some sane non-woke minds left in the DOD and these C130 flights were training to actually go and collect 'Mericans and our allies.

False hope maybe, but hope not.

Some good news for a change:

Screw Biden: CIA and US Troops Are Conducting Rescue Operations to Evacuate Stranded Americans

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... ailsticky3

I see the stranded US citizens are jettisoning their usual attire to appear "more likely to be welcomed back" and get to the front of the line...

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
I see the stranded US citizens are jettisoning their usual attire to appear "more likely to be welcomed back" and get to the front of the line...
You mean switch out the MAGA headgear for those little beanie things the mujahedin wear?

One of these will get you in the airport gate, and a window space on the floor of the very next C-17 smoking westward...

Panem Et Circenses wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
You mean switch out the MAGA headgear for those little beanie things the mujahedin wear?
Women must wear burqas. Some men will do so, too.

Panem Et Circenses wrote: The withdrawal has hit a couple minor snags, however. The most recent was that a large number of US citizens were accidentally left behind.

Comrade, you are mistaken. It was no accident that these citizens were left behind.

They didn't want to leave. They refused to come to the airport.

They all knew, or should have known, that when Bagram AFB was abandoned in the middle of the night, without notice, that it would be a good idea to leave but they didn't make arrangements.

They've got only themselves to blame at this point.

It's not as if nobody knew President* Biden wasn't going to do as President Obama predicted: "Never under estimate Joe Biden's ability."

U.S. Special Operations Veterans Conduct Mission to Rescue Afghan Allies: ‘We Did What We Should Do'

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... should-do/