A Commissar has been reduced in rank.

Oh no, not Colonel 7.62!

What happened? Did the Chinese catch him with that 2015 edition of Grays Sports Almanac that Sarah Palin banned from the Wasilla library back in the '90's?

I guess we'll be calling him Colonel 7.0 from now on.

(BTW: I've always hated time travel plot devises, causality makes me nauseous, the Novikov self-consistency principle not withstanding)

I was hoping he was not down to Colonel 5.56 - a disturbing capitalist-like thought!

Ouch! The nest time he sees a 7.62x39, it'll be at the reeducation through labor camp.

I am afraid I must agree with the Chinese. Knowledge of the past is dangerous for the Party. A good example is the service you received while at a '50's gas station. One guy filled your gas tank while one washed your windows. Attendant #3 checked your tire pressure while #4 checked your fluid levels. If you got a fill up, you got a free set of glasses or another prize. All that for twenty some cents a gallon.

Things like that should be forbidden knowledge. It's just a shame our good Colonel got caught in the cross fire.

You are correct, Comrade Grigori

(Of course, all of those "services" you mention were imposed by greedy capitalists upon the backs of Enslaved Workers - pure exploitation of the Working Class - since none - I repeat: NONE of it was performed under a government grant.)

So True Grigori, what's the value of the Current Truth when past truths can be dredged up at will?

The Collective consciousness is progressive and that means linear and forward looking. The failures accomplishments of the past should be forgotten as we focus our attention on the glorious achievements to come.

Grigori E.R. wrote: Things like that should be forbidden knowledge. It's just a shame our good Colonel got caught in the cross fire.
Grigori, are we sure it's not his own doings of the dear Colonel in the first place? A little too much fermented beet juice mixed with some over-fermented potato peelings...then a flip of a toggle there, a turn of the dial over there...and POOF! Outlawed by the Heroic People's Republic!

IT'S NOT ME! I REFUSE TO BE DEMOTED FROM MY MOST RECENT MOTION.... ADVANCEMENT.

If it's the Colonel, well, he had a lot of numbers and can afford to lose a couple. Colonel 6 is good.... Colonel 5.621 is a good number, no?

What did he do again??

I'd have to get promoted first before I could get a demotion

Mao-velous! I've had my eye on his temporal digs for some time.

As long as the good Colonel doesn't become Major 3.14159265 or Captain 2.71828 or Lieutenant 1.414213562! I would fear for his rationality if that were the case.

Comrade Ogrrre wrote:As long as the good Colonel doesn't become Major 3.14159265 or Captain 2.71828 or Lieutenant 1.414213562! I would fear for his rationality if that were the case.

That is clear thinking, Comrade Ogrrre... and it is too hard to keep up with so many numbers and enumerations, is it not.

I say we throw out the numbers and just bust him down to Buck Private Slingshot.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Private pea shooter perhaps?

COMRADE WHOOPIE, WHY WOULD OUR COLONEL 7 + OR - WANT TO BE SHOOTING . . . . . . .

oh, I see, you are referring to the vegetable, are you not. . . . but still, wouldn't beets make better bullets?

pea shooter.jpg

This ban is excellent. The thought of going back to the George WBush days! Oh, the horror.

W hen W e W ere P rosperous.
W hen W e W ereW inning.
W hen W e W ere O ptimistic and P roud.

No future thoughts comrades? how can we look to glorious world of Next Tuesday™?

Comrade Red Menace,
Thoughts of the future are all that is permitted. The past and present are irrelevant. This is essential to Hope and Change. If the masses were aware of the past and or happy with now, then they may not need Hope. Without their Hope, we cannot effect the Change that is needed to bring about the glorious Kinetic Progressive World of Next Tuesday. It's a vicious cycle, but one that must be endured for their own good.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:I say we throw out the numbers and just bust him down to Buck Private Slingshot.
Boot Pea Shoot? Maybe just Private Pyle? Cowboy? Joker?