A Fairy Tale: Once Upon a Stimulus Package

fairytale.jpg

Once upon a time, there was a stimulus package. Of the stimulus package, billions of dollars went to many state and local governments. The states took the stimulus money to keep their bureaucracies going, to pay thousands and thousands of government employees. Many of those government employees belong to government worker's unions, so that meant that some of the stimulus money went to pay union dues.

This means, of course, that some money from the stimulus package went to union leaders and top union members, and many of these union members donated some of the stimulus money they received to Democrat congressional representatives, which means, that the Democrat congressional representatives who received donations from leaders of government union workers received some of the very stimulus money that they took from taxpayers in the first place.

And they lived happily ever after.

Now you can go to bed and sleep peacefully knowing how at least some of the stimulus package was spent.

Dearest Leninka,
You rock!.....me to sleep.
Thank you, my sweet.

Pamalinsky wrote:Dearest Leninka,

Thank you, my sweet.

Oooo, kinky. But I digress.

Leninka, the best part of finally putting every American on the government payroll is that we can then fund the government by taxing their salaries, which are paid by the taxpayers. After all there is no logic like circular logic.

Comrade Leninka
Thank you for this Most Excellent Explanation! I do feel better now.
My favorite part though is the non-existent districts and zip codes or are these the same thing, not that it matters.

(sniff, sniff) That was beautiful, comrade. I can imagine the expressions of The ChildrenTM when their parental units relate this wonderful tale to them at bedtime. It should be quite a touching scene when they realize they're going to be spending their entire lives paying for this POS.

Thank you comrade Pamalinsky for that compliment. I love happy endings, don't you?

Comrade Whoopie,

You are correct about the circular logic. The logic that comes out of Nanski Peloski's mouth is my favorite logic of all.

Comrades Opiate and Nika,

You must tell this fairy tale to your children on a regular basis, as they and the rest of us must work hard to make sure that it continues to have a happy ending, especially for Dear Leader, comrades Nanski Peloski and others. It's our job and purpose in living.

Leninka, my dear, I think that you have updated Keynes' Multiplier Effect, if I recall what I have heard. Spend the money, and it multiplies economic activity. This is another take on it. Tax the money, take the money, and every little Commissar down the line takes some of the money as a percentage. In Texas we call this <i>mordito</i>, or the little bite.

And it all works because the bit of the buck that stops with each of the people will be spent on things which will spur consumption--like big fancy cars and houses and Krug. How can it go wrong?

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Leninka, my dear, I think that you have updated Keynes' Multiplier Effect, if I recall what I have heard. Spend the money, and it multiplies economic activity. This is another take on it. Tax the money, take the money, and every little Commissar down the line takes some of the money as a percentage. In Texas we call this <i>mordito</i>, or the little bite.

And it all works because the bit of the buck that stops with each of the people will be spent on things which will spur consumption--like big fancy cars and houses and Krug. How can it go wrong?

Yes, Commissar, that is the glorious method employed by the progressive army ants. Each takes a little bite, for the common good until all that's left is a dead carcass.

I am currently investigating a method whereby Amex, MC &c. will directly deposit 5% of their percentage into my bank account, held offshore, of course, for the Common Good(tm) of course. I can use it to invest in equality for the People(tm), for the Children(tm), for Greater Transparency inf Government(tm) and of course to aid me I'm going to pay off that goddamned Victoria's Secret bill which Bruno ran up.

Do you realize what it's like to get him screeching <i>and</i> collection phone calls from Victoria's Secret?

A little graft here and a little graft there, a little bit of graft, everywhere! Why didn't we think of this before?

Anything to reward us in the age of entitlement, for the Common Good™, of course.

Oh! Glorious! Just glorious wordery! Let's hear it for our union comrades!

Should we be mentioning ferries and children in the same sentence? Is it not now forbiden by Obamski's Child Rearing Czar, the ex-prez of NAMBLA, to do so?

Comrade Fraulein,

Why fairies make some of the best babysitters!

Now that lady in the cartoon makes the perfect prog bureaucrat--pleasant but they never really help you in the end. That is what we need more of--the bigger the bureaucracy, the less helpful the bureaucrat.

A woman in a balloon flies within 50 feet of the ground and sees a man.

"Hello! Where am I?"

"You're in a balloon. You're 50 feet above the ground, 2580 feet above sea level, 31 degrees 25 minutes latitude north, 102 degrees 52 minutes longitude west."

"You're a Republican, aren't you?" she asked.

"Yes. How did you know?"

"Everything you told me is right but you didn't help me at all."

He asked, "You're a Democrat, aren't you?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"You don't know where you are, you don't know how you got there, you don't know what you're doing, and it's my fault."

"Why fairies make some of the best babysitters! "

You're correct comrade Leinka. I misspoke and offender our fairy friends... I'm off to the gulag before the Führer comes for me.