A Moment of Silence for Uncle Joe...And Comrade Hugo

60 years ago today on 05 March 1953, Comrade Stalin suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and ended an era by purging himself from the kollektive in a demonstration of self sacrifice for the greater good ™. Gee, What a guy! Uncle Joe, you will be missed. A moment of silence if you please, or else!

Image Iosif Vissarionovič Stalin
Иосиф Виссарионович Сталин
18 Dec. 1878- 5 Mar. 1953

On a side note It was just released that Hugo Chavez died today as well. Coincidence? I thnk not!

The funny thing is, Berya actually killed uncle Joe, because he realized that he'd be next to be purged. Complete submission was not enough for uncle Joe.

John Frum wrote:The funny thing is, Berya actually killed uncle Joe, because he realized that he'd be next to be purged. Complete submission was not enough for uncle Joe.

I never thought about it, but a bullet to the back of the head would certainly cause a cerebral hemorrhage. As for Berya, I guess it only delayed the inevitable.

Their diagnoses make no sense at all, as they're made by politicians, not doctors. Berya simply poisoned uncle Joe when he realized that he was next to be purged. While Stalin was popping in and out of conscience from poisoning, Berya was changing mood same way, being over joyous when Joe was unconscious, and horrified for his life when Joe woke up.

Kommissar Brainiac wrote:60 years ago today on 05 March 1953, Comrade Stalin suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and ended an era by purging himself from the kollektive in a demonstration of self sacrifice for the greater good ™. Gee, What a guy! Uncle Joe, you will be missed. A moment of silence if you please, or else!

Overcome by grief even 60 years later, Vice-President Joe Biden still manages to show his respect and affection for the great Koba.
download.jpg

Comrades,

We should also bow our heads with raised fist for those freedom fighters Theodore Gold, Diana Oughton and Terry Robbins of the Weathermen who blew themselves up in Greenwich, March 5, 1970.

Apparently the study of Sociology, English and German had failed to educate them adequately in the bomb making skill set.

Based on this quote, the death of Stalin, Chavez, and their comrades the Weathermen were all tragedies. We'll just have to wait for a million more similar comrades to join them, then it will become a statistic.

Stalin_Death_Statistic.jpg

Variants: One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is population control.

Margaret-Sanger.jpg

It appears that March 5 is also the day in 1960 that Alberto Korda took our favorite picture of Che Guevara.

From The People's Cube archives:

Fight for the use of Che Guevara's famed photo

March 5th is a tough date for communist dictators.

march 5.jpg

It seems we already have three threads dedicated to the fallen hero. I'll post this in each one of them.

[img]/images/chavez_cube_memorial.jpg[/img]

I have little time to waste on the Cube today....I must practice so I can be prepared to mourn with an acceptable level of tears and wailing. I'm watching Sean Penn's commentary in order to have the proper talking points at hand should I be asked about my feelings for Uncle Hugo......"I have lost a great friend...I have lost a great friend...."

<Gasp!> What if sequestration prevents Dear Leader from flying to Venezuela to pay his respects and get in a few rounds of golf?

No need to miss a golf day. Dear leader can drop flowers on Hugo's Holy Site with one of His many drones.

The One must go to the funeral. The Secret Service has already secured the local brothels prostitutes exotic dancers entertainment area.
Hookertania1.jpg