A trip down memory lane

One of my favorite links. Splendid pictures to remind us of happier days. Or, if we were not lucky enough to grow up in the Motherland, to show us a glimpse of perfect childhoods. My Happy Soviet Childhood

Ahhh, a glorious vision of what Comrade Obama has planned for our future! We TOO will come to the plentitude!

Comrades, do not be alarmed by lack of submissions all childhood Soviet photographs will be returned by the state soon. Happy Inspection by CPUSA pending.

ah yes, such lovely memories of standing in line for 18 hr. to recieve one roll of toidy paper; another 12 hr. in line to get loaf of 3 day aged bread; the smell of beets.... again. Yes, I am looking forward to more Obama years, yes sir indeedy, I am.

Next Tuesday is right around corner, fellow traveling people :) Get your Polaroid cameras warmed up!

Someone told me a joke about a Soviet kindergarten once, but I didn't get it; perhaps my comrades can enlighten me.

It is 1968 or so in a Moscow school. Little Sergei and his classmates are sitting in a circle in the class room as their kindergarten teacher shows them pictures of happy people. "In the Soviet Union, every child is happy. In the Soviet Union, everyone has enough to eat. In the Soviet Union, everyone lives in a safe and beautiful place...." Suddenly she stops, for Sergei has burst into tears. "Sergei, what is wrong?"

Sergei sniffles, "I want to live in the Soviet Union!!!!"

Царевна wrote:Someone told me a joke about a Soviet kindergarten once, but I didn't get it; perhaps my comrades can enlighten me.

It is 1968 or so in a Moscow school. Little Sergei and his classmates are sitting in a circle in the class room as their kindergarten teacher shows them pictures of happy people. "In the Soviet Union, every child is happy. In the Soviet Union, everyone has enough to eat. In the Soviet Union, everyone lives in a safe and beautiful place...." Suddenly she stops, for Sergei has burst into tears. "Sergei, what is wrong?"

Sergei sniffles, "I want to live in the Soviet Union!!!!"

I yes, little Sergei, but we have brought the Soviet Union to you in the U.S.A! Thank you, Obama, is in order.