Activists "Nearly Run Over" trying to halt Freight Train

An environmental reporter in Massachusetts posted a video on Twitter late Monday that she said showed a freight train hauling coal being met with a group of climate change activists on a dark track.

The train was seen moving slowly through Worchester, Mass., and about a dozen activists with small lights could be seen surrounding the tracks. The train's horn was blaring, but the activists appeared to continue to give it chase. The train was headed to New Hampshire, the reporter wrote.

Train Protesters.jpg

The clip was posted by Boston NPR-WBUR reporter Miriam Wasser, who also noted railway authorities had been alerted that people were on the tracks by a call to an emergency hotline, just prior to the chaotic scene.

Wasser wrote that the train bound for New Hampshire "nearly ran over a dozen climate activists" who had been attempting to block its passage. The video shows the slow-moving train blaring its horn constantly as flashlight bearing activists attempt to halt its movement by appearing to dart in front of it as well as run close alongside it. There were no reports of injuries in the aftermath, and the incident is apparently still being investigated.

The large freight train's movement doesn't appear to be stalled; however, it's well-known that at full speed multi-car trains can take up to a mile to mile-and-a-half to stop once emergency brakes are applied.

Train Protesters.2.jpg

A group called 350 New Hampshire Action also admitted to being engaged in a campaign to disrupt trains in the region: “It is crucial that the actions that we take not be one-off actions,” a spokesperson for the activist group said. They vowed to “continue until the power plant is taken offline once and for all” — specifically in reference to Merrimack Station power plant in Bow, New Hampshire.

Train Protesters.3.jpg

Here is the video posted on Twitter by Miriam Wasser of this incident.
Note: You will need to click the link to watch the video!

Someone get in touch with their commissar and remind him to remind them that trains are our friends. How else are we going to efficiently transport erring Party Members (and of course our class enemies) to the gulag efficiently?

They need to stand in the middle of a trestle, give the train a sporting chance.

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:The word "nearly" makes me sad.
So close....soooooo close. And yet so far. I too am sad that the word 'nearly' made it into the title.

So what happened to that tank guy from Tiananmen Square? He was trying to stop the iron wheels of the power plant of tyranny and oppression grid once and for all, too.

just axin'
'pelipsky
#BR 59

jackalopelipsky wrote:So what happened to that tank guy from Tiananmen Square? He was trying to stop the iron wheels of the power plant of tyranny and oppression grid once and for all, too.

just axin'
'pelipsky
#BR 59
Yep. Tank you very much Tianamen Square dude.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:

Update from down here:

Got on the new 'light rail' to go down to the harbor yesterday. Some very serious people got on with some klimate katastrophe sign that I forgot because is made no sense.

When I got back home, I looked up the 'eco-friendly' 'light-rail' (we used to refer to them as subway trains). They are of course, electric. Which the eco-tards think of as magic energy. ZERO emissions! At least no emissions that they see. Then I looked up the official power generation statistics for the state of New South Wales. 82% of their electricity comes from coal generation. How woke.

I need to also point out that they got on the train for 2 stops. Downhill. I guess they were too tired to walk from all of that mental gymnastics they were performing.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:They need to stand in the middle of a trestle, give the train a sporting chance.
Been there, done that. But not as an activist.

Ivan Betinov wrote:... trains are our friends. How else are we going to efficiently transport erring Party Members (and of course our class enemies) to the gulag efficiently?
Kibitka, Komrade Betinov, kibitka!

But then, OTOH, horsies... . road apples.. farts.. methane.. .Again klimkatastrophia, sigh...

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:Happy Extinction Day from the land of Oz.
Aren't pictures taken in the land of Oz supposed to be upside down? Must investigate.

Red Square wrote:
Aren't pictures taken in the land of Oz supposed to be upside down? Must investigate.

The terror and trembling fear of the soon to be extinct crowd photographed in that city plaza is almost palpable.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
Red Square wrote:

The terror and trembling fear of the soon to be extinct crowd photographed in that city plaza is almost palpable.

They were all so frightened, they went like lemmings to the harborfront last night to watch the end of the world. It's all so topsy-turvy!

20191231_211925 - Copy.jpg

1987--a protester sat on the tracks in an attempt to stop "The White Train" that carried nuclear weapons from the depot to the Naval Base that my submarine was located. He lost his legs because the train operator could not stop.

A year later, the civilian operators sued the protesters for the mental anguish that the protesters caused the operators. The court dropped the suit on what we now call the Comey-Hillary Defense: "The protesters didn't intend to get run over."

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

Cradle to Grave Marxist wrote:1987--a protester sat on the tracks in an attempt to stop "The White Train" that carried nuclear weapons from the depot to the Naval Base that my submarine was located. He lost his legs because the train operator could not stop.

A year later, the civilian operators sued the protesters for the mental anguish that the protesters caused the operators. The court dropped the suit on what we now call the Comey-Hillary Defense: "The protesters didn't intend to get run over."

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

Protestor fought the law of physics and the law of physics won. So much for those deadly good intentions and the protestor's My Little Pony world.

Thug Life 4 Real in the fixed natural world.

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

Imagine how much more just and advanced our world could have been if the laws of physics didn't win every time. Every single freaking time! Arghhh!!!

Why doesn't our government do something about it? I'll tell you. Because they are in the pocket of big corporations who make windfall profits on those laws of physics, and have everything to lose if those reactionary laws get overturned or at least liberalized.

This makes me so angry. Way too angry... Maybe I should run for office.