Amerikka's Debt Problem: SOLVED!

Comrades, as you may know Phil Jones, head of the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, recently took a leave of absence from that position to pursue other interests. It is Amerikka's good fortune that one of the topics Jones has turned his attention to is Amerikka's ballooning national debt. Applying the acclaimed Furtive Readjustment of Actual Unadulterated Data (F.R.A.U.D.) modelling technique to the problem - the technique which climate researchers used to discover and prove the AGW hypothesis - Jones has discovered that Amerikka is not in debt at all but actually has a net profit of $1.38!

The award-winning F.R.A.U.D. statistical method infers data points collected at times in the past when exact measuring techniques were not available. For example, the AGW model uses temperature data from years before there were thermometers by inferring what the likely temperatures were from tree ring growth and other historical factors. Another powerful technique is the extrapolation of data points to periods when samples didn't exist, like the use of data from an Australian weather station dating back to 1962 even though it didn't exist until 1993. A third powerful weapon is homogenizing of data whereby you simply get to throw out data points you don't like; one reason this is justified is that they are so bizarre, they are likely to be statisical flukes or such. (This principle has enabled the researchers to throw out the billions of dollars of debt we accumulated this year because it is so off the curve! Glorious!)
~
Using these methods to project America's accumulated debt back 1000 years (yes, we have only been a country for 230 but that is too small a sample to get a real long term trend line) the data shows we accumulated a huge net surplus in the early years of the republic, enough to make up for all the debt accumulated since then, especially if we throw out the "outlier" measurements as noted earlier. This leads us to the glorious result of a $1.38 profit!

This news was greeted with wide praise by the Congress, who now does not have to worry about creating the bi-partisan kick the can down the road debt reduction panel that was expected to do absolutely nothing make some hard decisions about spending reduction and increased taxes. The problem has been taken care of.

President Barack Obama, commenting on the story, noted that "it just goes to show everyone that I was right all along and the naysayers were just scare mongers." Obama noted there will now be enough money to finance free national health care, cap and trade and five or six more stimulus programs, at least.

"The economics is settled", noted Nobel Peas Prize and Oscar winning scientist and economist Al Gore (Whew! His resume gets longer by the day.)

Jones is expected to go on to apply his techniques to other puzzles. For example, Jones suspects that his model will yield some interesting results about government-owned General Motors. "We scientists were able to determine that cooler temperatures are unexpected result of AGW, and these made the case stronger instead of disproving it" commented Jones. "Similarly, I suspect bankruptcy is just a unanticipated consequence of GM's fine overall financial condition." Using the F.R.A.U.D. statistical techniques, he should have no trouble proving it.

On another note, the late Nobel Prize winning physicist Richard Feynman commented, “Be suspicious of what cannot be explained." Since he is no longer around to explain that, we are very suspicious of it.

Oh, Opiate! I have admired your input since the very first day I joined the kollective, which, if I can still remember, was "sundy weak". To introduce myself to you, I would like to paste my first post (which mentions you, but, not by name. My humble apologies.):

"I must confess, and hope I can be forgiven for my obscene and unseemly belly laughter, knowing full well, that a sense of humor is forbidden...sort of like taking "belly breaths" for much needed relief of tension due to my inability to fully accept the party line. I am working on this. Really. I am new here and am not sure I can measure up to the brilliant and hilarious (there I go again) posts. I am considering turning myself in. However, before I do that, may I say that I think the cheesecake Nanski billboard placed across interstate highways idea is stunningly brilliant and will contribute greatly to the collective well-being. I, so selfishly, wish I had thought of it. Thank you comrades, for contributing to my happiness! I have finally found a home!"

I have had several "discussions" with our dear Commissar Theocritus. We were "discussing" the Jifi-Lobo thing to stop my stubborn and self-determined attitude. And, after reading your post, I'm thinkin' YOU'RE doin' some thinkin'. O.K. I'm doin' some thinkin' too. That's how I recognize another thinker! Wow! Gotcha! While I so admire your billboard idea, I'm not above turning you in. Wow! A profit of $1.38. I'll TAKE it!

Please understand, I'm not yet, and resist this at all costs, a "made prog." Not yet. So, forgive my naivety. Us naive ones are the most dangerous of all. That being said, I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, Hannukah, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, TO ALL!!!!!

This is a fine example of "People's Math!" Let us use this $1.38 to. . . to. . . what should we use it for comrades?

Opiate of the People wrote:Comrades, as you may know Phil Jones, head of the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, recently took a leave of absence from that position to pursue other interests. It is Amerikka's good fortune that one of the topics Jones has turned his attention to is Amerikka's ballooning national debt. Applying the acclaimed Furtive Readjustment of Actual Unadulterated Data (F.R.A.U.D.) modelling technique to the problem - the technique which climate researchers used to discover and prove the AGW hypothesis - Jones has discovered that Amerikka is not in debt at all but actually has a net profit of $1.38!

Comrade Opiate of the People,

I must applaud the effort, however, there are issues with your hypothesis.

Seems many types of data, relevant or ir-relevant can be input into your formula and get the same result.

1. Number and frequency of sexual partners Bruno has encountered divided by number of trips to the free clinic.

2. Circumference of Michael Moore's gut divided by the Ass Mass squared of the MTE.

3. Total number of his O'liness speeches that correlate at least .95767 with Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews erections.

etc etc

What say you?

Comrades! I appeal for calm here. There is no need for the proletariat to concern themselves, for as usual the Party has a plan for this sort of mathematical dilemma.

Introducing the new progressive manuscript of mathematics for the proletariat:

http://www.rethinkingschools.org/publication/math/

Rethinking Mathematics
Teaching Social Justice by the Numbers

<EndEditable><BeginEditable>[TABLE][TR][TD]
Edited by Eric Gutstein and Bob Peterson
Welcome to the online home of Rethinking Mathematics.
From this page you can:
This unique collection of more than 30 articles shows teachers how to weave social-justice principles throughout the math curriculum, and how to integrate social-justice math into other curricular areas as well.
Rethinking Mathematics presents teaching ideas, lesson plans and reflections by practicing classroom teachers and distinguished mathematics educators.
This is real-world math — math that helps students analyze problems as they gain essential academic skills.
Rethinking Mathematics will help teachers develop students' understanding of society and prepare them to be critical, active participants in a democracy.
Blending theory and practice, this is the only resource of its kind.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Sample chapters include:

3- Race, Retrenchment, and the
Reform of School Mathematics
— 31
by William F. Tate

Environmental Hazards:
Is Environmental Racism Real? — 41

7- Chicanos Have Math in Their Blood — 70
by Luis Ortiz-Franco

Activity Box:
The Hidden Grain in Meat — 74

12- Integrals and Equity — 103
by Megan Staples

HIV/AIDS Status:
Using Statistics to Understand Ratios — 107

Teaching Suggestions:
HIV Status Bus Stop Photo — 108

Justice for Janitors:
Rich Lessons in the Power of Math — 109

Introduction
I thought math was just a subject they implanted on us just because they felt like it, but now I realize that you could use math to defend your rights and realize the injustices around you.… [N]ow I think math is truly necessary and, I have to admit it, kinda cool. It's sort of like a pass you could use to try to make the world a better place.
— Freida, ninth grade, Chicago Public Schools

And so much more!

"This is an invaluable resource! Rethinking Mathematics has the potential to change the basic ways we think about and teach one of the most important subjects in schools today. With clarity and insight, this book shows how teachers who are dedicated to social justice can act on their commitments in a subject that has, for too long, been seen as simply a technical area."
— Michael W. Apple, John Bascom Professor of Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Policy Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison

"What fun it was to read this book! I found myself reading the daily newspaper and coming up with connections I hadn't imagined before; it's contagious. Here's a bookful of ways to turn numbers into eye-opening experiences, to rediscover the world we live in."
—Deborah Meier, founder of successful public schools in New York and Boston and author of The Power of Their Ideas

"Who would have thought math could be taught through such compelling social issues as racial profiling, the war in Iraq, and environmental racism? This superb book is an extraordinary collection of ideas for any teacher who wants to bring passion, engagement, and social justice to the mathematics classroom."
— Lisa Delpit, Eminent Scholar and Executive Director of the Center for Urban Education & Innovation at Florida International University in Miami

"From the songs of Sweet Honey in the Rock we know that ‘We who believe in freedom cannot rest.' Now from the pages of Rethinking Mathematics we know that ‘We who believe in freedom cannot rest' until we ensure that the learning and teaching of mathematics sings of social justice. We should all learn its new songs."
— Bob Moses, President and Founder of the Algebra Project

<br>Click here to read more praise from leading educators for Rethinking Mathematics

And comrades, don't forget to watch the History Channel on Sun December 13th for “The People Speak” – a documentary based on Marxist academic Howard Zinn's capitalism-bashing, America-dissing, grievance-mongering history textbook, “A People's History of the United States.”

Commissar_Elliott wrote:This is a fine example of "People's Math!" Let us use this $1.38 to. . . to. . . what should we use it for comrades?

To Commissar Elliot: Well! I think it's quite obvious that I, Pamalinsky, should receive the $1.38 surplus (prize) for turning in that "fear-mongering" Opiate of the People for the "disruptive" Nansky-Peloski-billboards-across-America's-highways idea. Right? (O.K., I admit I said Opiate's idea was "brilliant" before but, with $1.38 at stake, I can be "flexible" with my opinions...know what I mean?). Hey! A dollar thirty-eight's a dollar thirty-eight, right?

Komrade Turboski wrote:Comrades! I appeal for calm here. There is no need for the proletariat to concern themselves, for as usual the Party has a plan for this sort of mathematical dilemma.

Rethinking Mathematics

From this page you can:
This unique collection of more than 30 articles shows teachers how to weave social-justice principles throughout the math curriculum, and how to integrate social-justice math into other curricular areas as well.
Rethinking Mathematics presents teaching ideas, lesson plans and reflections by practicing classroom teachers and distinguished mathematics educators.
This is real-world math — math that helps students analyze problems as they gain essential academic skills.
Rethinking Mathematics will help teachers develop students' understanding of society and prepare them to be critical, active participants in a democracy.
Blending theory and practice, this is the only resource of its kind.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Sample chapters include:

3- Race, Retrenchment, and the
Reform of School Mathematics
— 31
by William F. Tate

Environmental Hazards:
Is Environmental Racism Real? — 41

7- Chicanos Have Math in Their Blood — 70
by Luis Ortiz-Franco

Activity Box:
The Hidden Grain in Meat — 74

12- Integrals and Equity — 103
by Megan Staples

HIV/AIDS Status:
Using Statistics to Understand Ratios — 107

Teaching Suggestions:
HIV Status Bus Stop Photo — 108

Justice for Janitors:
Rich Lessons in the Power of Math — 109

Introduction
I thought math was just a subject they implanted on us just because they felt like it, but now I realize that you could use math to defend your rights and realize the injustices around you.… [N]ow I think math is truly necessary and, I have to admit it, kinda cool. It's sort of like a pass you could use to try to make the world a better place.
— Freida, ninth grade, Chicago Public Schools

And so much more!

"This is an invaluable resource! Rethinking Mathematics has the potential to change the basic ways we think about and teach one of the most important subjects in schools today. With clarity and insight, this book shows how teachers who are dedicated to social justice can act on their commitments in a subject that has, for too long, been seen as simply a technical area."
— Michael W. Apple, John Bascom Professor of Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Policy Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison

"What fun it was to read this book! I found myself reading the daily newspaper and coming up with connections I hadn't imagined before; it's contagious. Here's a bookful of ways to turn numbers into eye-opening experiences, to rediscover the world we live in."
—Deborah Meier, founder of successful public schools in New York and Boston and author of The Power of Their Ideas

"Who would have thought math could be taught through such compelling social issues as racial profiling, the war in Iraq, and environmental racism? This superb book is an extraordinary collection of ideas for any teacher who wants to bring passion, engagement, and social justice to the mathematics classroom."
— Lisa Delpit, Eminent Scholar and Executive Director of the Center for Urban Education & Innovation at Florida International University in Miami

"From the songs of Sweet Honey in the Rock we know that ‘We who believe in freedom cannot rest.' Now from the pages of Rethinking Mathematics we know that ‘We who believe in freedom cannot rest' until we ensure that the learning and teaching of mathematics sings of social justice. We should all learn its new songs."
— Bob Moses, President and Founder of the Algebra Project

<br>Click here to read more praise from leading educators for Rethinking Mathematics

And comrades, don't forget to watch the History Channel on Sun December 13th for “The People Speak” – a documentary based on Marxist academic Howard Zinn's capitalism-bashing, America-dissing, grievance-mongering history textbook, “A People's History of the United States.”
(off)
You know, as a mathematics major, I have to say, this makes me sick. As a conservative, this makes me sick. Just when I thought they have stopped invading areas to perverse with their radical agenda, they come up with something new to surprise me. What's next, and I'm not giving suggestions for fear someone reads them and actually gets an idea out of it.

Pamalinsky wrote:
Commissar_Elliott wrote:This is a fine example of "People's Math!" Let us use this $1.38 to. . . to. . . what should we use it for comrades?

To Commissar Elliot: Well! I think it's quite obvious that I, Pamalinsky, should receive the $1.38 surplus (prize) for turning in that "fear-mongering" Opiate of the People for the "disruptive" Nansky-Peloski-billboards-across-America's-highways idea. Right? (O.K., I admit I said Opiate's idea was "brilliant" before but, with $1.38 at stake, I can be "flexible" with my opinions...know what I mean?). Hey! A dollar thirty-eight's a dollar thirty-eight, right?
. . . Which means you will turn over to your local commissar. I will be more then happy to take said money, I could actually use this for some of my unfinished Training Aids©. On that note, you don't want to have more money then other comrades, do you? Hmmmm. . . ?

Well Commissar, I would recommend to the leaders to invest.

I would put all $1.38 into the DJIA, and sell short.

In just a few years, we will be Trillionaires.

Infidel Castrate wrote: Comrade Opiate of the People,

Seems many types of data, relevant or ir-relevant can be input into your formula and get the same result.

1. Number and frequency of sexual partners Bruno has encountered divided by number of trips to the free clinic.

2. Circumference of Michael Moore's gut divided by the Ass Mass squared of the MTE.

3. Total number of his O'liness speeches that correlate at least .95767 with Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews erections.

etc etc

What say you?

Comrade Castrate, let me demonstrate with a simple computer program in an English-like language how this might occur:

START
ACCEPT INPUT VALUES
DISCARD INPUT VALUES
RETURN THE ANSWER SUPPLIED BY THE PARTY
END

Variants of this deceptively simple programming technique have been used to prove everything from Anthopogenic Global Warming to the fiscal viability of ObamaCare to the accuracy of final vote totals from Cook County, Illinois. What I am trying to say here comrade is that the flaw you have cited in my logic is not really a bug, but a feature.

Or, read one fellow's take on the Climategate data "modelling"; if he is correct, my sample program above is just an oversimplification of the way the real fraud took place.

The Proof Behind the CRU Climategate Debacle: Because Computers Do Lie When Humans Tell Them To

From Cube Antics, by Robert Greiner

I'm coming to you today as a scientist and engineer with an agnostic stand on global warming.

If you don't know anything about “Climategate” (does anyone else hate that name?) Go ahead and read up on it before you check out this post, I'll wait.

Back? Let's get started.

First, let's get this out of the way: Emails prove nothing. Sure, you can look like an unethical asshole who may have committed a felony using government funded money; but all email is, is talk, and talk is cheap.

Now, here is some actual proof that the CRU was deliberately tampering with their data. Unfortunately, for readability's sake, this code was written in Interactive Data Language (IDL) and is a pain to go through.

NOTE: This is an actual snippet of code from the CRU contained in the source file: briffa_Sep98_d.pro

view source
print?
1 ;
2 ; Apply a VERY ARTIFICAL correction for decline!!
3 ;
4 yrloc=[1400,findgen(19)*5.+1904]
5 valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,-0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor
6 if n_elements(yrloc) ne n_elements(valadj) then message,'Oooops!'
8 yearlyadj=interpol(valadj,yrloc,timey)

Mouse over the upper right for source code viewing options – including pop-up window

What does this Mean? A review of the code line-by-line

Starting off Easy

Lines 1-3 are comments

Line 4

yrloc is a 20 element array containing:
1400 and 19 years between 1904 and 1994 in increments of 5 years…

yrloc = [1400, 1904, 1909, 1914, 1919, 1924, 1929, ... , 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994]

findgen() creates a floating-point array of the specified dimension. Each element of the array is set to the value of its one-dimensional subscript

F = indgen(6) ;F[0] is 0.0, F[1] is 1.0….. F[6] is 6.0

Pretty straightforward, right?

Line 5

valadj, or, the “fudge factor” array as some arrogant programmer likes to call it is the foundation for the manipulated temperature readings. It contains twenty values of seemingly random numbers. We'll get back to this later.

Line 6

Just a check to make sure that yrloc and valadj have the same number of attributes in them. This is important for line 8.

Line 8

This is where the magic happens. Remember that array we have of valid temperature readings? And, remember that random array of numbers we have from line two? Well, in line 4, those two arrays are interpolated together.

The interpol() function will take each element in both arrays and “guess” at the points in between them to create a smoothing effect on the data. This technique is often used when dealing with natural data points, just not quite in this manner.

The main thing to realize here, is, that the interpol() function will cause the valid temperature readings (yrloc) to skew towards the valadj values.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/04/c ... king-code/

Opiate of the People wrote:Variants of this deceptively simple programming technique have been used to prove everything from Anthopogenic Global Warming to the fiscal viability of ObamaCare to the accuracy of final vote totals from Cook County, Illinois. What I am trying to say here comrade is that the flaw you have cited in my logic is not really a bug, but a feature.

Comrade, Your Math-Fu is very strong.

The best part is, if there are any "skeptics" around, and try to do a peer-review ... all they will come up with is:

Komrade Turboski wrote:Comrades! I appeal for calm here. There is no need for the proletariat to concern themselves, for as usual the Party has a plan for this sort of mathematical dilemma.

Rethinking Mathematics

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Glorious! We have finally reached the point in humanity's evolution where the snotty "hard" sciences like Math and Physics can finally be bent to the people's will! Here are some titles I will be working on in the near future:

Freedom Chemistry - the Courts will make molecules combine to form new compounds whether they want to or not. Discrimination on the basis of race, color or covalence will no longer be tolerated!
"It's "forced busing" for the periodic table of elements!" - Jesse Jackson
"Explosive!" - The Unabomber

People's Physics - gravity is a capitalist plot, holding the masses down to the earth so they will be forced to serve their imperialist oppressors! This text teaches the downtrodden to revolt against gravity and demand the right to fall up! Students will also learn why equal redistribution of neutrons and protons amongst all atoms is a valid role for government and why radioactivity is a freedom fighter's best ally.

Ethical Geology - rocks, the world's last civil rights movement. For centuries humans have mistreated them by building stuff on them, blowing them up to get at gold, oil, etc, and generally ignoring or demeaning them. The time has come to stand up for rocks rights! Students will learn how and why to organize resistance in defense of defenseless rocks and why humane treatment of rocks is important to the future of civilization.

Raznoehintsi Pewkov wrote:

Well Commissar, I would recommend to the leaders to invest.

I would put all $1.38 into the DJIA, and sell short.

In just a few years, we will be Trillionaires.

Opiate of the People wrote:
Infidel Castrate wrote: Comrade Opiate of the People,

etc etc

What say you?

Comrade Castrate, let me demonstrate with a simple computer program in an English-like language how this might occur:

START
ACCEPT INPUT VALUES
DISCARD INPUT VALUES
RETURN THE ANSWER SUPPLIED BY THE PARTY
END

Variants of this deceptively simple programming technique have been used to prove everything from Anthopogenic Global Warming to the fiscal viability of ObamaCare to the accuracy of final vote totals from Cook County, Illinois. What I am trying to say here comrade is that the flaw you have cited in my logic is not really a bug, but a feature.

Or, read one fellow's take on the Climategate data "modelling"; if he is correct, my sample program above is just an oversimplification of the way the real fraud took place.

The Proof Behind the CRU Climategate Debacle: Because Computers Do Lie When Humans Tell Them To

From Cube Antics, by Robert Greiner

I'm coming to you today as a scientist and engineer with an agnostic stand on global warming.

If you don't know anything about “Climategate” (does anyone else hate that name?) Go ahead and read up on it before you check out this post, I'll wait.

Back? Let's get started.

First, let's get this out of the way: Emails prove nothing. Sure, you can look like an unethical asshole who may have committed a felony using government funded money; but all email is, is talk, and talk is cheap.

Now, here is some actual proof that the CRU was deliberately tampering with their data. Unfortunately, for readability's sake, this code was written in Interactive Data Language (IDL) and is a pain to go through.

NOTE: This is an actual snippet of code from the CRU contained in the source file: briffa_Sep98_d.pro

view source
print?
1 ;
2 ; Apply a VERY ARTIFICAL correction for decline!!
3 ;
4 yrloc=[1400,findgen(19)*5.+1904]
5 valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,-0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor
6 if n_elements(yrloc) ne n_elements(valadj) then message,'Oooops!'
8 yearlyadj=interpol(valadj,yrloc,timey)

Mouse over the upper right for source code viewing options – including pop-up window

What does this Mean? A review of the code line-by-line

Starting off Easy

Lines 1-3 are comments

Line 4

yrloc is a 20 element array containing:
1400 and 19 years between 1904 and 1994 in increments of 5 years…

yrloc = [1400, 1904, 1909, 1914, 1919, 1924, 1929, ... , 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994]

findgen() creates a floating-point array of the specified dimension. Each element of the array is set to the value of its one-dimensional subscript

F = indgen(6) ;F[0] is 0.0, F[1] is 1.0….. F[6] is 6.0

Pretty straightforward, right?

Line 5

valadj, or, the “fudge factor” array as some arrogant programmer likes to call it is the foundation for the manipulated temperature readings. It contains twenty values of seemingly random numbers. We'll get back to this later.

Line 6

Just a check to make sure that yrloc and valadj have the same number of attributes in them. This is important for line 8.

Line 8

This is where the magic happens. Remember that array we have of valid temperature readings? And, remember that random array of numbers we have from line two? Well, in line 4, those two arrays are interpolated together.

The interpol() function will take each element in both arrays and “guess” at the points in between them to create a smoothing effect on the data. This technique is often used when dealing with natural data points, just not quite in this manner.

The main thing to realize here, is, that the interpol() function will cause the valid temperature readings (yrloc) to skew towards the valadj values.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/04/c ... king-code/

In other words computers are just fast idiots, they just follow what their masters instruct them to do.

Interesting link here.
<br>http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/20 ... .html#more

What a glorious program, let's do elections this way from now on ... pick Nobel Prize laureates this way too. Guaranteed equality of results!

Infidel Castrate wrote: Image
In other words computers are just fast idiots, they just follow what their masters instruct them to do.

Interesting link here.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/20 ... .html#more

Exactly. There are numerous examples of things like computer programs issuing million dollar paychecks to custodians because some programmer didn't bother to test his code thoroughly. It is also not unheard of for dishonest programmers to insert secret back doors or other self-serving code into software which enabled them to defraud business of millions of dollars. Likewise, programmers can and do falsify results, sometimes out of desperation to complete a difficult project on time, other times because the boss wishes it. Computers are no smarter or honest than the humans who write the software.

I read the Iowahawk piece, he does a very good job of explaining the statistical methods involved. I hadn't realized that "Climate Science" relies so heavily on statistical methods, but then again, it makes sense when you think about it. Unlike physics or chemistry, you can't readily employ empirical method in climatology; the number of variables is too great and the time frame is too long. But statistical models are subject to all sorts of flaws, especially when the system being modelled is not well understood (just consider the financial crisis of 2008 was made possible by a misguided widespread belief in statistical models of risk that turned out to be.... incorrect.) So given these caveats, it is lunacy to expect the entire economic system of the world to reorient itself based on the predictions made by this flimsy crap. The AGW hypothesis is not science at all, it is just a club for the collectivists of the world to use to bully people into accepting their discredited socio-economic ideas.

Infidel Castrate wrote: Image
What a glorious program, let's do elections this way from now on ... pick Nobel Prize laureates this way too. Guaranteed equality of results!

I thought we were.

Commissar_Elliott wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

. . . Which means you will turn over to your local commissar. I will be more then happy to take said money, I could actually use this for some of my unfinished Training Aids©. On that note, you don't want to have more money then other comrades, do you? Hmmmm. . . ?

To: Commissar Elliot: I replied promptly to your response yesterday. Not sure why it didn't appear. Perhaps I pressed the wrong button, a possible common occurence amongst us "newbies". Nonetheless, even if I can't recall what I said exactly, the "substance" was...I was most impressed by your use of the "hmmmmmm...? device. Your point was SO well taken...Hmmm followed by dots AND a question mark, indicating a very intimidating, but subtle, rise in "tone". (Excellent use of dots and a "?") Amazing! It actually made me think TWICE about your implication that I might have a desire to have more money than other comrades. Yes! I admit it! I thought TWICE, knowing I should only think ONCE! And, THAT thought should only be GROUPTHINK. With full knowledge of this, I simply want to cry. (UNCLE!!!...VANYA, that is.)! The $1.38 is yours! I know you'll use it well! Thank you for helping me move one step closer to GROUPTHINK! My glorious goal!

Pamalinsky wrote:
Commissar_Elliott wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

To: Commissar Elliot: I replied promptly to your response yesterday. Not sure why it didn't appear. Perhaps I pressed the wrong button, a possible common occurence amongst us "newbies". Nonetheless, even if I can't recall what I said exactly, the "substance" was...I was most impressed by your use of the "hmmmmmm...? device. Your point was SO well taken...Hmmm followed by dots AND a question mark, indicating a very intimidating, but subtle, rise in "tone". (Excellent use of dots and a "?") Amazing! It actually made me think TWICE about your implication that I might have a desire to have more money than other comrades. Yes! I admit it! I thought TWICE, knowing I should only think ONCE! And, THAT thought should only be GROUPTHINK. With full knowledge of this, I simply want to cry. (UNCLE!!!...VANYA, that is.)! The $1.38 is yours! I know you'll use it well! Thank you for helping me move one step closer to GROUPTHINK! My glorious goal!

I've often wondered, why does that Party recruitment sign point to the RIGHT?

Then I realized it's so we can blame the Rethuglikans and compare them to Stalinists when our policies fail do not achieve unequal greatness.

For some reason they don't like that.

This F.R.A.U.D. theory is most equal. Of course, even a profit of $1.38 is immoral, so we must spend it on more slush funds government programs for ourselves The People(TM) as soon as possible.

Then we sell the debt to the government thugs our Comrades in China.

Komsomolka Olga Katrina wrote:I've often wondered, why does that Party recruitment sign point to the RIGHT?

Comrade, you must not read too much into these things. The proles are like cattle; first we must get them moving in some direction, which one does not matter; after their inertia has been overcome, then we can herd them to where we want them to go. As Marx said, "the boulder is difficult to move but once it gets rolling, it is impossible to stop it from crashing into the overpriced cheaply-built mansion of capitalism." Or maybe it was Charlie Brown who said that.