ObamaCare - As You Like It

h/t to Margaret, who said "If you like your current ObamaCare, you'll be able to keep your current ObamaCare!"

If you like your children, you can keep your children.

like-it-1.png

like-it-2.png

like-it-3.png

like-it-4.png

If you like your opinion, you can keep your opinion.

like-it-5.png

If you like your Skittles, you can keep your Skittles.

like-it-6.png

If you like your constitution, you can keep your constitution.

like-it-7.png

Yes, Comrade CDC.. It's not every Ruler who provides such freedoms to his subjects. I thank Him every morning for the bounty He offers. It's good to be alive. Yes?

Those are not gas chambers death panels, those are showers end-of-life counseling.

Before the Act was passed:

Obama sold the Act by knowingly lying about it. Impeach Obama now!!!

Red Square wrote:Those are not gas chambers death panels, those are showers end-of-life counseling.

Of course you are right, Comrade Red. They just want to come over to your house and "have a little chat" about end-of-life issues, heh, heh. And, if you happen to be sick with flu, or something, and, god forbid, you didn't get your mandated flu shot, they will find a way to convince you that it is best if you end your life now. After all, it is your fault, not ours, since you refused your flu shot and all, and we have no other choice. Capiche? Hmmmm? Are you ready to submit to your "shot?"

I did get a call from Humana, my carrier, asking if they could just come over and take my BP, etc. because they just wanted to be more actively involved. I already did this with my doctor and told them so. I thought this was a bit strange. I mean, think about it. Having a stranger come into your home and take your BP, take a look around, ask questions you don't want to be placed on a mega data base? Nah. I don't think so.

I don't know about you but, I always want to talk about real life issues with total strangers who could not give a rat's behind about me (sarc).

It's hard enough to talk of these things with those who do care about me.

Those who I know never want to be a burden to anyone but they have a great will to live. I value life and the desire to have it. And, I respect those who share this idea.

Zeke Emmanuel is a wonderful human being who disavows all this "sentimental piffle." Oy! The sheckles spent on this dying rubble! (That of course will not apply to me.)" What a guy, that Zeke!

Doesn't matter if I like it or not. I'm gonna get it.

p.s. I just couldn't figure out where to put the "Prog Off" button on this one. XX!!

Pamalinsky wrote:
Red Square wrote:Those are not gas chambers death panels, those are showers end-of-life counseling.

Of course you are right, Comrade Red. They just want to come over to your house and "have a little chat" about end-of-life issues, heh, heh. And, if you happen to be sick with flu, or something, and, god forbid, you didn't get your mandated flu shot, they will find a way to convince you that it is best if you end your life now. After all, it is your fault, not ours, since you refused your flu shot and all, and we have no other choice. Capiche? Hmmmm? Are you ready to submit to your "shot?"

I did get a call from Humana, my carrier, asking if they could just come over and take my BP, etc. because they just wanted to be more actively involved. I already did this with my doctor and told them so. I thought this was a bit strange. I mean, think about it. Having a stranger come into your home and take your BP, take a look around, ask questions you don't want to be placed on a mega data base? Nah. I don't think so.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

These are standards that have been in place for mental health for years. Serious mental illnesses, like schizophrenia and unmanaged bipolar disorder, have been treated at county agencies since the 70s when the dismanteling of state hospitals occurred. Since then there has been more and more emphasis on "case management"..which has its good points but is very nosy. (And yes, they primarily help those with substandard or no insurance; but even seriously mentally ill people with great insurance or from wealthy families will gravitate towards Community Mental Health, because everyone tells them they "need" case management).

You are assigned a psychiatrist, and a "case manager" or "consumer supportsperson" who is charged with ensuring not only that your mental health, but everything about your life is up to par. When I was a case manager, I didn't go to everyone's home, but I had to ensure that I saw them on a monthly basis, so even with folks that had been fine for years, were taking medication and coming to see the doctor (just blowing me off! Ha!) I would frequently go out to see them.

In my case, wanting to do as little work as possible, I tried very hard not to notice as much as I could in clients' homes, since what I could was often smelly and/or dirty. But I know of cases where social workers took issue with client's cleaning habits, amount of alcohol in the home, or, probably, any conservative literature, and wouldn't be above "closer monitoring" of that family. Yes, most of the time, people have a court-enforced right to decline these unwelcome visits; but many people are under court order to follow up with their mental health care or go immediately back to the hospital. So now it sounds like non-psychiatric medical care is following in our footsteps!

Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

These are standards that have been in place for mental health for years. Serious mental illnesses, like schizophrenia and unmanaged bipolar disorder, have been treated at county agencies [highlight=#ffff00]since the 70s when the dismanteling of state hospitals [/highlight]occurred. Since then there has been more and more emphasis on "case management"..which has its good points but is very nosy. (And yes, they primarily help those with substandard or no insurance; but even seriously mentally ill people with great insurance or from wealthy families will gravitate towards Community Mental Health, because everyone tells them they "need" case management).

You are assigned a psychiatrist, and a "case manager" or "consumer supportsperson" who is charged with ensuring not only that your mental health, but everything about your life is up to par. When I was a case manager, I didn't go to everyone's home, but I had to ensure that I saw them on a monthly basis, so even with folks that had been fine for years, were taking medication and coming to see the doctor (just blowing me off! Ha!) I would frequently go out to see them.

In my case, wanting to do as little work as possible, I tried very hard not to notice as much as I could in clients' homes, since what I could was often smelly and/or dirty. But I know of cases where social workers took issue with client's cleaning habits, amount of alcohol in the home, or, probably, any conservative literature, and wouldn't be above "closer monitoring" of that family. Yes, most of the time, people have a court-enforced right to decline these unwelcome visits; but many people are under court order to follow up with their mental health care or go immediately back to the hospital. So now it sounds like non-psychiatric medical care is following in our footsteps!

Prog_Off.gif

I watched the emptying of Pilgrim State Hospital on Long Island NY back then, and listened to the students in lecture halls at S.U.N.Y. being told that seeing faces on the ceiling or hearing voices was perfectly normal for some people - and that we should be tolerant of their behavior. Many students were encouraged to join "community" awareness groups and consider a career in "social work", i.e., government.

And now what are we beginning to hear from those same folks? "It's not right to fill the prisons with low level offenders such as drug pushers and poor urban youth caught up in the evils of modern society." So, let's begin transitioning them to half way houses where more government workers can be hired to keep an eye on them. Seems like I've heard this before.

There could come a day when everyone is in one of two categories - the monitored or the monitoring.

Wow, Kook,

Awesome post.

MSNBC Host: We Need to Get over idea "that kids belong to their parents"

Yeah, just like we need to get over the silly, scary, selfish notion of "individualism."

https://freedomkeys.com/collectivism.htm

Yeah! We progs will do anything and everything it takes, by any means necessary, to "Get Over."