Craptek's Bucket List - Rewind

Brittany.jpg

Brittany Maynard, the Oregon woman who made news earlier this month with her plans to die on Nov. 1, has released a new video announcing a change in plans.

Maynard, who has terminal brain cancer, still intends to choose when she dies, “I still feel good enough and I still have enough joy and I still laugh and smile with my family and friends enough that it doesn't seem like the right time right now,” although “it will come, because I feel myself getting sicker. It's happening each week.”
Oh, dear,...I had my popcorn and beet juice all ready for the Brittany Show this morning! Now what? Re-runs of Name That Tune, maybe? Or, I know,...Truth Or Consequences! That's it!

In the meantime, comrades, don't forget to make your donations to:

Help fund Brittany's upcoming Word Tour!

And Brittany's favorite charity non-profit fund:

The folks that made this all possible!

Wow, Crap, that is really cynical. I never thought of it that way and you may have a point. She did publicize it, though. I'm not sure if she did or someone else grabbed it. I dunno.

Still, you may have a point and I'm not criticizing you about it.

Am glad she decided not to take her own life, for whatever reason.

For all I know, the whole diagnosis could be a fake. In these times, this is very possible and way too likely.

Grrrrr. I just want to be happy and not have to ponder such depravity. It's so hard to cut oneself off from society. I got rid of my TV (but I still got my internet)

Pamalinsky wrote:Wow, Crap, that is really cynical. I never thought of it that way and you may have a point. She did publicize it, though. I'm not sure if she did or someone else grabbed it. I dunno.

Still, you may have a point and I'm not criticizing you about it.

Am glad she decided not to take her own life, for whatever reason.

For all I know, the whole diagnosis could be a fake. In these times, this is very possible and way too likely.

Grrrrr. I just want to be happy and not have to ponder such depravity. It's so hard to cut oneself off from society. I got rid of my TV (but I still got my internet)

Prog Off.png

Pami,

I'm not sure it's possible to be too cynical. I try though. So far I've been unable to achieve my goal. Just when I think I've gone overboard,...someone proves I've been overly conservative. I'm not saying this Brittany thing is a TOTAL hoax - just partially. This compassion and choices non-profit I linked is not all purity and light. I spent quite a while looking into their funding sources and directing members before coming to my conclusion. They are using Brittany in the same way Rev. Al uses Ferguson, MO. It's always the same pattern. Find a victim and make use of them to advance "the cause".

Update.png
Apparently I'm not alone in my suspicions. In 5 minutes this morning I found hundreds of links - these two are typical:

Prog Off.png
Link 1:

Link 2:

Sniff! Sniff! I smell a new reality show. (that's one reason I got rid of my TV)
Boring, empty trivia.

Watching TV can stunt your growth - as an example, just look at me! It can also subtract IQ points over time. The loss of capacity is gradual and generally goes unnoticed. After a while you don't care, or can't remember if you should care. The Sunday talking head shows I used to enjoy have degenerated into screaming matches between political operatives and news room hired hands. Uninformative and generally useless.

I left California for the Midwest four years ago. (!) Truman Capote is known for saying, correctly, that, for every year you live in California, you lose an IQ point."

I'd like to think living in the Midwest is just the opposite. God, I hope it is. I do know that I am happier. That'll work!

This is wonderful news! Now I know how to profit from my recent diagnosis of skin cancer. Tell everyone "I'm going to kill myself! Send me money so that I can do it in style!" Awesome! If this isn't a sign of the coming Utopia™ of Next Tuesday™, I don't know what could be.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:This is wonderful news! Now I know how to profit from my recent diagnosis of skin cancer. Tell everyone "I'm going to kill myself! Send me money so that I can do it in style!" Awesome! If this isn't a sign of the coming Utopia™ of Next Tuesday™, I don't know what could be.

Hopping Comrade,

I suggest you take advantage of Obamacare and get that problem corrected soon. After that, contact me and I'll provide details on a better way to get donations. I thought of this yesterday. My advertisement will be worded as follows:

"I'm getting older and older. I'm told by my doctor that this condition is considered incurable, but I still feel good enough and I still have enough joy and I still laugh and smile with my family and friends enough that it doesn't seem like the right time right now, although it will come, because I feel myself getting older. It's happening each week. Therefore, I will set up a website and solicit donations sufficient to tide me over till the fateful day. PS - I'll let you know when the fund is sufficiently large. Thanks. (no credit cards or personal checks)"

Captain Craptek wrote:"I'm getting older and older. I'm told by my doctor that this condition is considered incurable, but I still feel good enough and I still have enough joy and I still laugh and smile with my family and friends enough that it doesn't seem like the right time right now, although it will come, because I feel myself getting older. It's happening each week. Therefore, I will set up a website and solicit donations sufficient to tide me over till the fateful day. PS - I'll let you know when the fund is sufficiently large. Thanks. (no credit cards or personal checks)"

That is awesome, comrade Craptek! I know plagiarism is a sin (unless nobody notices) but that seems like a perfect explanation of my current situation and dire need. Whether you approve, or not, I'm going to steal it for my international champaign to save the Red Kangaroo!

I'm getting poorer and poorer. I'm told by my Party™ representative that this condition is considered incurable, but I still feel good enough and I still have enough joy and I still laugh and smile with my family and friends enough that it doesn't seem like the right time right now, although it will come, because I feel myself getting poorer. It's happening each week. Therefore, I will set up a website and solicit donations sufficient to tide me over till the fateful day. PS - I'll let you know when the fund is sufficiently large. Thanks. (no credit cards or personal checks)

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:"I'm getting older and older. I'm told by my doctor that this condition is considered incurable, but I still feel good enough and I still have enough joy and I still laugh and smile with my family and friends enough that it doesn't seem like the right time right now, although it will come, because I feel myself getting older. It's happening each week. Therefore, I will set up a website and solicit donations sufficient to tide me over till the fateful day. PS - I'll let you know when the fund is sufficiently large. Thanks. (no credit cards or personal checks)"

That is awesome, comrade Craptek! I know plagiarism is a sin (unless nobody notices) but that seems like a perfect explanation of my current situation and dire need. Whether you approve, or not, I'm going to steal it for my national champaign to save the Red Kangaroo!

Consider it The People's Property™. As such, you are free to use it as you see fit. In fact, we should apply for a HHS grant for the development of a joint website! Yes, we'll go together...as a team...as comrades on our final journey...paw in paw, we shall stroll together into the fading twilight of our sunset years content in the knowledge that our lives were totally meaningless and without purpose. This will be our finest hour!

Comrades! I feel a song is in order. Come! Sing along with me,.. 1, 2, 3...

When I was seventeen, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for small town girls
And soft summer nights
We'd hide from the lights
On the village green
When I was seventeen

When I was twenty-one, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for city girls
Who lived up the stairs
With perfumed hair
That came undone
When I was twenty-one

When I was thirty-five, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for blue-blooded girls
Of independent means
We'd ride in limousines
Their chauffeurs would drive
When I was thirty-five

But now the days are short, I'm in the autumn of my years
And I think of my life as vintage wine
From fine old kegs
From the brim to the dregs
It poured sweet and clear
It was a very good year

Ah! That felt good! Now, let me check my Paypal account for the latest total! BRB...

I might need a gender realignment operation to make that plan work. After all, the male kangaroos don't have pouches. But we can have the glorious People™ fund that operation. It's a minor difficulty.

Great! I want a pouch as well! No,... I want 2 pouches! One in front and another in the rear. Like a luggage rack for trips and stuff. Oh, this will be great fun! Roaming the countryside with carefree abandon...limitless funding from our sad followers on Twitter and Facebook,..why didn't I think of this sooner???

Captain Craptek wrote:Great! I want a pouch as well! No,... I want 2 pouches! One in front and another in the rear. Like a luggage rack for trips and stuff. Oh, this will be great fun! Roaming the countryside in carefree abandon...limitless funding from our sad sympathetic followers on Twitter and Facebook,..why didn't I think of this sooner???
Indeed, comrade, I'm wondering why you didn't think of it sooner, also. Must I do all the thinking?

Captain Craptek wrote:Great! I want a pouch as well! No,... I want 2 pouches! One in front and another in the rear. Like a luggage rack for trips and stuff. Oh, this will be great fun! Roaming the countryside in carefree abandon...limitless funding from our sad sympathetic followers on Twitter and Facebook,..why didn't I think of this sooner???
Indeed, comrade, I'm wondering why you didn't think of it sooner, also.[highlight=#ffff00] Must I do all the thinking?[/highlight]

Yes you must. I have other things to do now...there're nuts to be packed, Tweets to be Tweeted, Faces to be Booked, and a new offshore bank account to be opened. I'll be busy for days! Let me know when our new pouches are ready.

Captain Craptek wrote:
Indeed, comrade, I'm wondering why you didn't think of it sooner, also.[highlight=#ffff00] Must I do all the thinking?[/highlight]

Yes you must. I have other things to do now...there're nuts to be packed, Tweets to be Tweeted, Faces to Book, and a new offshore bank account to establish. I'll be busy for days! Let me know when the pouches are ready.

Operations to be booked, also. Don't embark on this new venture unprepared. Make sure you sign over all your assets to me, prior to your general anesthesia. I'd like to ensure that your personal wishes are realized, if the unthinkable occurs.

When the unthinkable happens to the squirrel, watch who gets the blame around here.

If the squirrel has one of the People's Rolex watches as a wall clock in his burrow, I want it back.

[color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color], Tovarichi and I all broke down in tears when the Captain wrote:
"I'm getting older and older. I'm told by my doctor that this condition is considered incurable..."

Tovarichi and I made a pact and sacred covenant with Captain Craptek to provide him with 'he never saw it coming' end-of-life-assistance...
THEN WE'RE GOING DANCING!

tovarichi-and-i-go-dancing.jpg

Equipped like that, you will always be my prom queen....

(caliber matters!)

.223 ? Or is she a 5.56 kinda' girl ?

You guys got a sort'a " Bonnie and Clyde " thing goin' on there !
( Word on the street is to keep clear of any slow-motion scenes. )

Tovarichi's most secret mode of death...

to be squished by the feet of Pamalinsky!!

tovarichi-squished-by-pamalinskys-feet.jpg

So much for having my skull crushed like a grape between the thighs of one of the Rockettes.

[color=#C0392B]Tovarichi[/color] was dreaming big when he wrote:So much for having my skull crushed like a grape between the thighs of one of the Rockettes.

Speaking of the Rockettes...

did you have a wardrobe malfunction or is that an errant Captain Craptek image icon?!

tovarichi-has-a-wardrobe-malfunction.jpg

Clearly a Craptekian error, as even in the harshest cold, the "suspended weights" are farther from the anchor point. Since you asked.

Comrade Putout wrote:
[color=#C0392B]Tovarichi[/color] was dreaming big when he wrote:So much for having my skull crushed like a grape between the thighs of one of the Rockettes.

Speaking of the Rockettes...

did you have a wardrobe malfunction or is that an errant Captain Craptek image icon?!

Comrade Putout, (and you too, Tovarichi)

FYI: The authentic true-pixel Craptek seal and Icon of Diversity™ is in auto-positioning mode. i.e., it auto-positions and orients for the best view. In this image it's inverted to,...never mind...it's in auto-positioning mode. Period!

Comrade Putout wrote:
[color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color], Tovarichi and I all broke down in tears when the Captain wrote:
"I'm getting older and older. I'm told by my doctor that this condition is considered incurable..."

Tovarichi and I made a pact and sacred covenant with Captain Craptek to provide him with 'he never saw it coming' end-of-life-assistance...
THEN WE'RE GOING DANCING!

tovarichi-and-i-go-dancing.jpg
I don't think that a lead pill is sanctioned under Oregon law. For some reason, that cure is still considered criminal. There is still work to be done, comrades!

You all know I don't want to dampen the jokes on this thread, including my own. But, this poor darling girl did, in fact, take her own life a few days later.

After enduring surgery to remove the tumor, it came back with a vengeance. She was between a rock and hard place, as they say. She took her own life to spare herself unfathomable suffering, grand mal seizures, etc., as well as the suffering her own family would experience watching her go through this.

John 15:13
"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

In addition, our bodies are possibly the last vestige of personal property still available to us in this life, unless the statist prigs/progs take over.

I don't think suicide is a good idea but, this woman has put a different light on that idea for me. Thought food.

Image Thought food?

Here at the People's Cube, we have access to the BUFFET of thoughts and thought-crimes (for reference purposes only)

Please use a clean plate when returning for more thoughts. Thanks.

Mmmmm. Stuffed Tomatoes and Fried Chicken! (or is that shrimp?) Who cares! As long as it's fried!

Looks like brain(thought) food to me!