Comment of the Day

I just had to share this with everyone:

Markos wrote:

Our kind of patriotism

by kos Tue Jan 20, 2009 at 02:15:36 PM PST

Watching the celebration of America that is today's inauguration festivities, one thing strikes -- the difference between our version of patriotism and the Right's.

For the Right, it's jingoistic "USA! USA! WE'RE NUMBER ONE AND WILL KICK YOUR ASS!" It's alway us versus someone else. It's confrontational.
Our version of patriotism is a celebration of what makes our nation great. It's the diversity, our people, our communities. Rather than confrontational, it's communitarian.

We don't need to start wars and kick someone's ass to feel proud to be American.

Confronting tyranny, liberating people around the world and then feeling proud about it is so totally un-American. At least our Lincoln will push for enslaving people as opposed to freeing them. Ugh, it feels so good to be progressive!

But we are not enslaving them, we are merely saving them from their own thoughts and ideas.

They want to eat that hamburger? Well, hope aboard the train to Happyville (in no way endorsed by Jimmy Buffet) where we will tell you what damage that burger does to glorious Gaia.

If they believe in a creator, we will show them the real truth that he has come down to this wonderful planet under the guise of a man named Barrack Hussein Obama. He will be your savior, your protector.

And if their re-education inexplicably fails, we will liberate their brainsfrom their evil ways

And didn't we progressive show our true class today by singing "Sha na na hey hey goodbye" to the outgoing president as he came upon the stage? Did the rightist thugs sing for Clinton? No! But the left will show our true desire to bring us all together by trying the Bush in Congress for his crimes!

Chairman M. S. Punchenko

Is brilliant. Communitarian is a much more palatable word than Communist. Let's see..........We are now a Communitarian Society......The Communitarian Party. Yes it works.

"USA! USA! We're Number One and We Love You!

Ahhhhh, the World of Tuesday. It's here a last Comrades.

Yes! Now we can put Hope over fear, a fear that we of course have preached for years! And Thank Lenin that Comrade Kennedy is fine to continue his work as he builds on his 54 years of progress! We really should raise a statue to that Kopeckne lady for sacrificing herself to save Ted.

I heard part of a prayer today from someone. It went in part....
....let the blacks get back.
the reds get ahead
the yellows mellow
and the white know right!

Amen brother!

I'm ready for some Obama Derangement Syndrome. We need to demoralize these people. We need to bash them like they bashed us, our values and our ideas for the last eight years.

I have no intention on coming together and will proudly sport a "Not My President" bumpersticker on the back of my car. I'm ready for a fight -- especially after the treatment of Bush even after they won the White House AND took total and complete control of Congress.

We need to take this country back.

(character off)

Couldn't have said it better Chairman. As the Pup just said; "Amen brother!".

Here's just how pre-historic the Right truly is
(off)
Here's how blind and thick-skulled the left is.

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:Image

I'm ready for some Obama Derangement Syndrome. We need to demoralize these people. We need to bash them like they bashed us, our values and our ideas for the last eight years.

I have no intention on coming together and will proudly sport a "Not My President" bumpersticker on the back of my car. I'm ready for a fight -- especially after the treatment of Bush even after they won the White House AND took total and complete control of Congress.

We need to take this country back.

I'm not going to say that everyone should spread their cheeks with a smile on their faces (even though we will more than likely get reamed by the Democrats without even the benefit of a reach around) but that "not my President" crap to me at least is disgusting and unpatriotic. I didn't vote for him (I voted for McCain even though I really don't like McCain either, my vote was all about Palin who I quite adore. Plus having Bob Barr for the Libertarian canidate was a bad choice as well) but he is for better or worse, the leader of this country. Do I think he was the worst choice in a sea of crap other than Palin? Most definitely and then having the Democrats controlling everything else compounds the fact that he was a horrible choice. But sadly the people have chosen him.

I didn't like it when the Democrats claimed that Bush wasn't their president (I also giggle when they claim Bush to be some uber Conservative) but as a party, I think we should take the moral high ground on this. We shouldn't devolve into the cess pool with those tards.

Obviously criticizing and poking fun at politicians is open season but claiming someone isn't their President just because they didn't vote for him is not a road that anyone should take.

I went down to the watch the speach on the collective's tele. The second-most disturbing thing about the speach was the chanting "O-BAM-A" immediately after he shut his pie hole stopped dispensing wisdom about unity through surrender to the agenda. I Some reactionary standing next to me had the reactionary thought; wouldn't someone feeling the unity realize the campaign is over and chant something like "USA"?

What disturbed me most was "(paraphrasing) never mind big government/small government we need government that works". Despite the encouragingly facist idea of tossing aside the constitution in favor of pragmatic "solutions", how could he betray us like this? Bailouts don't work - he promised more of them. Winning in Iraq works - he promised surrender. Waterboarding works - no longer allowed under any circumstances. Gun control doesn't work - he promised common sense confiscations. Now that the National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation (see Whitehouse website for text of proclamation) is over, hopefully he can get on with what will never work.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/a_nation ... ciliation/

private Trikofski wrote:[I didn't like it when the Democrats claimed that Bush wasn't their president (I also giggle when they claim Bush to be some uber Conservative) but as a party, I think we should take the moral high ground on this. We shouldn't devolve into the cess pool with those tards.

Obviously criticizing and poking fun at politicians is open season but claiming someone isn't their President just because they didn't vote for him is not a road that anyone should take.

ImageAs I have said many times, I take an even more extreme road. For I have concluded that there is simply no way I can even claim to be fellow citizens with this crowd that has managed to have a Marxist elected to presidency. The only thing I share with that crowd is geography, and I am sorry, but that is not enough for me. I can't even be said for the most part, to share a common history with that group as they are as a rule, quite ignorant of history.

I am not surprised to hear you say we should take the high road. I humbly disagree. We have been taking to high road far too long and what has it gotten us? We take the high road and allow a decent honorable man such as Trent Lott be hounded out of office for making a harmless comment at a party to honor a friend, while the democrats celebrate and excuse any number of far worse excesses with impunity. That is but one example. It is high past time that we start fighting back, and if that means acting with the same sort of weapons as they use, then I say "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."

I personally believe that it is high time for another American revolution. Obama is certainly not my president, for I can not endorse a Marxist, even if he doesn't call himself one. You walk like a duck, quack like a duck.....

Marshal Pupovich wrote:
private Trikofski wrote:[I didn't like it when the Democrats claimed that Bush wasn't their president (I also giggle when they claim Bush to be some uber Conservative) but as a party, I think we should take the moral high ground on this. We shouldn't devolve into the cess pool with those tards.

ImageAs I have said many times, I take an even more extreme road. For I have concluded that there is simply no way I can even claim to be fellow citizens with this crowd that has managed to have a Marxist elected to presidency. The only thing I share with that crowd is geography, and I am sorry, but that is not enough for me. I can't even be said for the most part, to share a common history with that group as they are as a rule, quite ignorant of history.

The display put on by the left yesterday was simply pathetic. We talk about a peaceful transfer of power, which it was, but it was a stain that will never be washed away, or forgotten in my case. And what I pray tell was the point? Their singing of "hey hey goodbye" was bizarre. After all, Bush was going regardless of what side won the election, yet they acted as if they had won a football game against him. We are now being governed by spoiled, uneducated, children.

I am not surprised to hear you say we should take the high road. I humbly disagree. We have been taking to high road far too long and what has it gotten us? We take the high road and allow a decent honorable man such as Trent Lott be hounded out of office for making a harmless comment at a party to honor a friend, while the democrats celebrate and excuse any number of far worse excesses with impunity. That is but one example. It is high past time that we start fighting back, and if that means acting with the same sort of weapons as they use, then I say "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."

I personally believe that it is high time for another American revolution. Obama is certainly not my president, for I can not endorse a Marxist, even if he doesn't call himself one. You walk like a duck, quack like a duck.....

Marshal Pupovich wrote:Yes! Now we can put Hope over fear, a fear that we of course have preached for years! And Thank Lenin that Comrade Kennedy is fine to continue his work as he builds on his 54 years of progress! We really should raise a statue to that Kopeckne lady for sacrificing herself to save Ted.

I heard part of a prayer today from someone. It went in part....
....[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]let the blacks get back.
the reds get ahead
the yellows mellow
and the white know right![HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]<off>[/HIGHLIGHT][HIGHLIGHT=#ffffff]what a ignorant puke the dishonorable Rev.Lowery is, trying to fan the flames of discontent among the brothers, that's right, Rev, feed the hate. I wonder how he can call himself a man of God?)[/HIGHLIGHT]
[/HIGHLIGHT]Amen brother!
<on>
Oh Marshal, you're such a dog! HaHa......but I have some bad news....It just came over the APO wires that the "Lion of the Democratic Party" collapsed after hearing the One's inaugural address! I would guess that he was drunk..overcome with emotion at the sound of President Barack Hussein Obama's name (did you catch that gaf by Chief Justice Roberts?... the cretin!). He's in the hospital again.....but rest assured, Marshal. There is hope aplenty, for everyone knows that his niece, the princess Caroline will carry in the fine traditions of the Kennedy clan! I concur that a statue of the "Lion" is in order....(as long as we don't have to pay for it)

I'm not going to say that everyone should spread their cheeks with a smile on their faces (even though we will more than likely get reamed by the Democrats without even the benefit of a reach around) but that "not my President" crap to me at least is disgusting and unpatriotic.

Well I'm going to be disgusting. I'm not going to give legitmacy to this man's vision for America with songs of praise and support -- I'm not going to do it. I tried -- I really, really tried -- to get behind the spirit of the times and embrace him for the historic significance of his victory. I tried being nice to Democrats, I tried reaching out and coming together -- even Bush tried reaching out, going so far as to even compromise with the snakes.

But after yesterday, after the booing and the jeering, and after the Democrat's appeal to unite behind values and ideas which are completely contradictory to what this nation once stood for, I said enough. He has plenty of support and plenty of people on stand-by to bow down and build an altar for him. He can do without little ole' me. I wish him well and support the office in which he serves -- I just don't support him, personally, or his mission.

Our leaders can take the high ground for moral authority -- but I prefer to remain in trenches because the values of this country, our way of life, and the prosperity of my friends and family are far more important to me than any one man or his flock of sociopathic followers. I'm ready to demoralize the other side and burst the media narrative that everyone behind Obama and the Nanny-State express.