Dems propose "Reasonable Profits Boards"

Oh yes my Democomrads, you are so definitely on the right path, tovarishchi.

No dears, you're not reading some alarming predictions of Atlas Shrugged or violent TEA Party's concerns about free enterprise in big government's crosshairs. Our very own Denniska Kucinich created a clever way to take over corporate profits without the effort of nationalizing the industry. Take that Hugo Chavez! Our commies are smarter than yours!

Now I just hope the general public doesn't find out that Federal and (most) State taxes per gallon of gas are much higher than corporate profit per gallon.

Here is more info on the bill (H.R. 3784) and the comrades behind it:

Dems propose 'Reasonable Profits Board' to regulate oil company profits

A very correct move, long overdue! We can then create another board to define a reasonable definition of the word "reasonable." Until that happens and as long as the right man is in charge, the Party coffers will not go empty.

All profits must be regulated in strict adherence to revolutionary justice - except those generated while advancing progress: academia, the media, and Hollywood. And, of course, the Unions.

See diagram below.

FIGURE 1.

Obama_Ship_Sink.jpg

Exactly.

And with the new need for committees and public forums to endlessly discuss what the meaning of the word "profits" is and new agencies to be in charge of it all, we'll also need to hire a lot more government workers, thereby creating even MORE JOBS!!

It's a beautiful thing.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

It is of interest to note that in the game of " Lifeboat ",
a politician would be the first one thrown overboard.

Comrade Red Square,

Surely, you did not mean to leave out bottom-feeding ambulance chasers trial lawyers when it comes to industries where profits are allowed?

And, in terms of media, I naturally assume you meant to specifically exclude REICHWING RETHUGLIKKKAN propaganda machine Faux News and give the profits they would get to the purveyors of Truth™ over at MSNBC.

Red Square, it's absolutely inspiring. It looks like the poster from a "to be produced" movie from Comrade Michael Moore.

Oh Glorious News Comrades!
The Foresight of Comrade Spacey Kucinich, to keep those Bourgeoisie trolls from wrecking this Act of kindness and social justice, is thrilling and sends a tingle up my Coils!
"The bill would also seem to exclude industry representatives from the board, as it says members "shall have no financial interests in any of the businesses for which reasonable profits are determined by the Board."

I propose we establish a "Point Committee" based upon the enlightened words of our beloved leader, "At some point you have earned enough money." Capitalism is known for its excessive profits which must be capped and controlled by the State to protect workers. The State has a mandate to monitor and manipulate fairness and equality.

It's a bold step to real democratic reform. The nation's wealth and resources are everyone's and the only fair way to use them is through the democratic process. This is much needed reform that'll put this country back on it's constitutional and historical course of democracy and as the beacon of hope for the world.

Democracy Now!

Comrade Otis wrote:...The nation's wealth and resources are everyone's ...
Indeed, this is a truism, although the wealth and resources should, naturally, be a bit more equally belonging to those who toil and labor to oversee the democratic process and the distribution of said wealth and resources. Eh Comrade Otis? In the name of fairness and equality, of course.

MINUTES OF FIRST MEETING OF REASONABLE PROFITS BOARD

Chairman: The Chair will now hear from His Excellencency, Barack H. Obama
King Obama: Mr. Chairman, when it comes to oil companies, NO profits are reasonable!
Chairmain: AGREED! Meeting adjourned! Meet you on the first tee in 15 minutes, sir!

Comrade Otis wrote:The nation's wealth and resources are everyone's and the only fair way to use them is through the democratic process.
Uh, a little clarification here before we raise expectations too high. The proles will be demanding handouts, and I for one will not hesitate to promise them. However, we must remember that the nation's wealth and resources belong most equally to the Inner Party and to His Equalness, Red Square. It's the leftovers from our Party golf vacations poverty fact finding missions that belong to the stinking, unwashed masses enlightened proletariat.

We already have at least two "Reasonable Profits Boards" to regulate oil industry profits: the IRS and the EPA. To enact Kucinich's proprosal would only add still another layer of stifling bureaucracy that would impede the discovery of new sources of oil.

Not that theres anything wrong with that. I just thought I'd mention it.

Prog Off

As any first year business student who has spent more than 2 weeks in a Economics class will tell you THE WORST THING THE GOVERNMENT CAN DO IS SET A PRICE FOR ANYTHING. Lets set aside all the legal, practical and constitutional issues for a moment. If this board actually happens YOU WILL PAY A LOT MORE FOR GAS THAT YOU ARE NOW. IF YOU CAN FIND ANY. This is basic simple econ101 stuff here. It is stunning that an elected official would actually think this would be a good idea. The stupidity is breathtaking.

Ted State wrote:... It is stunning that an elected official would actually think this would be a good idea. The stupidity is breathtaking.
Unless, of course, the real plan is, and has been for some time, to destroy the USA and usher in the USSA.

Just sayin'.

First the profits, then the products themselves!

(Can anyone say "Equalization of Opportunity Act"?)

It's about time a wise and prudent leader has lead us to the solution to excessive profits. I have been racking my brain for years trying to construct a way to end needless profits. Next in line behind curbing excessive profits is a tax on excessive consumerism. Imagine if we could tax them coming and going and going and coming? We will revel in the joy of the system we've created!

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:
Ted State wrote:... It is stunning that an elected official would actually think this would be a good idea. The stupidity is breathtaking.
Unless, of course, the real plan is, and has been for some time, to destroy the USA and usher in the USSA.

Just sayin'.
Then Mission Accomplished.