Don't trigger me, bro!!!

Bolsheviks-in-training department:

Bailey Loverin, student at the UC/Santa Barbara, is spearheading....er, maybe we should say "long stick with pointy thing on the front" heading....is pointy thing a trigger??? Whatever.

Bailey Loverin is telling the professors how the language they use....er, utilize...may harm...may elicit a negative reaction....oh, for Lenin's sake, MAY AFFECT their students.

But even if UCSB adopts...er, agrees to use...er... UTILIZE...the list that Comrade Loverin has suggested, Oberlin College has beaten them....er, bested them in competition, er....may be deluded under the straight white male notions of violence into thinking their earlier adaptation of these rules makes them, somehow, better. But they're really not.

Is that right? Did I do OK with that?

Comrade Kelly, I've long felt that a good 2-stage trigger - for example, a Geissele or Knight's Armament trigger - is much to be preferred over single stage triggers, to which I'm pretty sure they're referring.

I'm all for this "list" of triggers if it includes any references to spiders, finger nails on blackboards, Moochelle eating, or Bailey Loverin. Otherwise, forget it.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Comrade Kelly, I've long felt that a good 2-stage trigger - for example, a Geissele or Knight's Armament trigger - is much to be preferred over single stage triggers, to which I'm pretty sure they're referring.

Comrade R.O.C.K...either you did not watch this important video, or you are deliberately engaging in the very hate speach young Comrade Loverin is combat--er, demonstrating against. Shall I borrow Pinky's shovel to cure you of this lack of concern? Or maybe just invite her over to do the deed?

A brief recap for those who uh, don't have time to watch the video, from the capitalist "Unreasonable" magazine on-line (they are so trembling--er, moving back and forth quickly--in their boots--er, footwear.):

"It's really not anyone else's business to tell someone when they are mentally and emotionally ready to deal with things," says Bailey Loverin, a University of Santa Barbara (UCSB) junior who authored a resolution to mandate that professors issue "trigger warnings" before presenting material that might trigger memories of past traumas in students.

Feminist and social justice blogs popularized the concept of the trigger warning, with writers encouraging each other to label posts that might trigger flashbacks to sexual assault or domestic abuse. As the popularity, and scope, of the trigger warning idea grew, some bloggers began listing potential triggers, ranging from rape and violence and suicide to snakes and needles and even "small holes."

Oberlin College attracted media attention when its Office of Equity Concerns posted, and later removed, a trigger warning guide advising professors to avoid triggering topics such as racism, colonialism, and sexism when possible. The memo also suggests introducing discussions of potentially triggering works with language such as this:

We are reading this work in spite of the author's racist frameworks because his work was foundational to establishing the field of anthropology, and because I think together we can challenge, deconstruct, and learn from his mistakes. ...

"I don't feel that it's a problem asking for this to be mandated," says Loverin. "You're always going to have someone that's going to argue, 'Why? This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to do this because I don't feel it. Why should anyone else?'"

Why indeed, young Comrade? I am sending these congratulatory Baby Lenin pins to her so that she may display the loyalty to the cause she most certainly holds within her bosom...er, heart, albeit in a somewhat immature fashion.

baby lenin 1.jpg
baby lenin 2.jpg

Comrade Kelly, your generosity is surpassed only by your fully equal beauty!

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Comrade Kelly, I've long felt that a good 2-stage trigger - for example, a Geissele or Knight's Armament trigger - is much to be preferred over single stage triggers, to which I'm pretty sure they're referring.
The Sig 716 DMR arriving on Wednesday has a Geissele 2 stage trigger. Will it be the SSA or the SSA-E? The High Speed National Match DMR? Then there is the question of optics. I am thinking of selling my beet ration and getting the IOR Valdada 3-18x42 35mm FFP MIL/MIL MP8 reticle or the Vortex Razor Gen II HD 3-18x50 FFP. I figure I will have enough to learn without having to multiply subtensions.

PolPotLuckSupper wrote:
The Sig 716 DMR arriving on Wednesday has a Geissele 2 stage trigger. Will it be the SSA or the SSA-E? The High Speed National Match DMR? Then there is the question of optics. I am thinking of selling my beet ration and getting the IOR Valdada 3-18x42 35mm FFP MIL/MIL MP8 reticle or the Vortex Razor Gen II HD 3-18x50 FFP. I figure I will have enough to learn without having to multiply subtensions.

Take heed Comrade PotLuck; You'll shoot your eye out!

PolPotLuckSupper wrote:
Decisions, decisions, Comrade!
As the owner of a couple of Geissele DMRs, I doubt that you could go wrong with anything they make. Knight's Armament is splendid too :)

Ahh yes - optics... good thing beet rations have increased in value of late!

I has a jealous! (SIG 716)

Ahem. For those who are unaware, we are, of course, discussing high-end food processors.

This would be an assault weap food processor with a high capacity "cutting bowl" that in its own special way "slices, dices, and makes Julienne fries by the thousands." Yep, it would be nice to have one in my safe kitchen too so I could puree my beets...

Yes, Comrades, with this 16" 7.62mm Patrol beet processor, I should be able to puree my beets up to about 150yds with the attached Lucid HD7 beetfinder, if they are beets of some size.
716a.jpg
This 5.56mm beet reducer has a BCM Government profile free floating tube, piston operated slicer, with a Czech Meopta 1-4 ZD Tactic power vegetable acquisition device. I figure no beet will be safe out to about 300 to 325 yards. I built it in the collective toolshed. I used the VLTOR A5 recoil system to allow a multitude of upper processing tubes to be mounted on the lower unit.
meo1.jpg

My 7.62mm Designated Beet Marksman Processor arrives tomorrow. Godless willing, my beet harvest will be bountiful enough for me to sell what is left beyond my obligation willing donation to lessequally deservingparasitesworkers comrades to afford a fine quality produce acquistion device allowing 600 - to 700 yard processing.

That Lucid is surprisingly nice, especially for the cost. I have a couple.

I prefer the Aimpoint Micro T1 (got that too), but a LOT more $. Add it to a LaRue Tactical mount (and they basically throw in the mount if you buy the Aimpoint, $-wise), PLUS the Beverage Entry Tool that comes in every box, and you're ready to slice and dice!

LarueTactical.jpg
I love LaRue :)

Of course, for longer distance processing, you're gonna want stuff like what you posted earlier. Party at your house tomorrow!!

You know how there are Drug Free Zones and Gun Free Zones and even Hate Free Zones? What you commies ought to do is make schools People Free Zones.

Either that or take Zero Tolerance to it's logical conclusion: summary execution.

You commies. Lenin said the capitalists would sell him the rope that would hang them. That didn't happen. Truth is you commies make the stupid totalitarian laws that hang yourselves. Yahoos.

Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote:Well, if it isn't $$! When did you get out of the gulag?
It's amazing what a little $$ beet vodka can accomplish, isn't it?

Image speaking of re-indoctrination gulags, I've been sent to "refresher training" for the Gummmint agency I work for. Three weeks in Virginia learning my job again because Congress allocated 10 MILLION to my agency for training... I look around at the costs and I'm astounded... a Jiffy-Lobo booth would do the same job at a cheaper price. Image Welcome back Comrade SS, The ladies here at the Gulag are complaining that you left, and left the seat up again...