Earth Day- Stepping on it

I've been a little busy today, so unfortunatly, this came a little later. As everyone knows, it's Earth Day (4/22), the day where we are to be more aware of what we are doing to our planet. A day where it looks good to plant a tree in a place void of trees, a day where you can celebrate the specialty of our eunique planet.

So anyway, what have you done to trample on the hippies?!

I uprooted a blade of grass. Muahahaha! I kicked a tree, and then said some mean things to it. I tried some "your mom" jokes (earth mother) as well, but I didn't get very far with those. It didn't show much of a reaction... but I'm sure it was hurt on the inside. Eat that tree huggers.

I've been running electricity up the wazoo today. I have all three computers on, a lamp, all three TVs on, and I haven't gone outside today.

Take that tree huggers.

I traded a little gun for a big gun. (Ruger MkII .22 pistol for a very, very nice Russian Mosin Nagant M38 Carbine with all matching numbers. Not only is it from Mother Russia, but it throws a three foot fireball from the shorter barrel. The communists saw no reason to download full power rifle ammo for use in a smaller gun...)

I spent my time enjoying the comforts that capitalism has allowed us to develop while some idiot hippies around here sat around in the dark and refused to take a shower. I took an extra long and hot one to make up for that.

Comrade Joe, idiot hippies ALWAYS sit around in the dark and refuse to shower. Yurts do not have running wonder.

Comrade Joe wrote:I spent my time enjoying the comforts that capitalism has allowed us to develop while some idiot hippies around here sat around in the dark and refused to take a shower. I took an extra long and hot one to make up for that.

I'll be hitting the showers soon, so I'll make it extra long too.

Comrade Commissar_Elliott,

It seems you missed the Party message in the Washington Post, but accidents do happen, even to Party members (especially to them, come to think of it). The message is: a People's Garden. A tasty sample:
In another sign that the Department of Agriculture is embracing sustainable food, the agency today will unveil expanded plans for a People's Garden that will include the entire six-acre grounds of the Whitten Building, the department's neoclassic marble headquarters on the Mall.

The plans, to be announced at the agency's Earth Day celebrations, include a 1,300-square-foot organic vegetable garden -- slightly larger than the one at the White House -- as well as ornamental flower gardens and bioswales, or mini-wetlands designed to reduce pollution and surface water runoff. The building grounds now are landscaped with grass, flower borders and trees planted to honor a person or mark an event.

I murdered millions of innocent blades of grass with my lawn mower. Then I spread lawn food with insect granules, thereby adding nitrate to the ground water and killing innocent bugs. The whole time I was outside I had left my computer on. Once indoors when the sun went down I vacuumed the carpet by the light of (gasp) incandescent bulbs. Then I took a long hot shower courtesy of my greenhouse gas belching hot water heater.

And still, today the sun rose, the birds chirped, there was plenty of air to breath and clean water flowed from my tap. I must redouble my efforts!

Comarade Totus
I took the muffler off the backhoe and sharpened the chainsaw